I literally cannot stop singing Hey You!

Sultrysully

24 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

I am fixated on Hey You today!  I do not understand it.  Anybody ever get an obscure M song stuck inside their head?  I think that the only cure is a full stream of Finally Enough Love.

Obscure Madonna' song? Usually "How High" & "Triggering (Your Senses)", and sometimes "Get Stupid" (Extended version).

I really didn't like Hey You when it first came out.  I think I didn't like the high parts, sounded weird. especially when she said "don't rely on anyone else".... but I've come to adore that song.

But I'm gonna have to go with History.  I will say officially, that song has gone down in this modern day time as one of the biggest wasted opportunities of her career.  That song is SO pertinent to SO many issues we have seen this past decade.  But instead we got Secret Project Revolution and God Control... sorry don't come at me @Shoful

3 hours ago, Andymad said:

I really didn't like Hey You when it first came out.  I think I didn't like the high parts, sounded weird. especially when she said "don't rely on anyone else".... but I've come to adore that song.

But I'm gonna have to go with History.  I will say officially, that song has gone down in this modern day time as one of the biggest wasted opportunities of her career.  That song is SO pertinent to SO many issues we have seen this past decade.  But instead we got Secret Project Revolution and God Control... sorry don't come at me @Shoful

I fucking can't stand Hey You. I think it's worse than Autotune Baby. I couldn't even sing you the song cause I fortunately have only listened to it a couple times in my life. 

I LOVE History (Land of the Free). The released version is kinda bad, it's too spacey and more like an extended remix or something . But Land of the Free i fucking bop to and feel empowered especially with everything going on in the world. 

Do Madame X album cuts count as obscure songs? Cause I sing Killers, Extreme Occident, Batuka, and Crazy till the cows come home every single day

11 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

I am fixated on Hey You today!  I do not understand it.  Anybody ever get an obscure M song stuck inside their head?  I think that the only cure is a full stream of Finally Enough Love.

I like "Heh you" and never understood the hate it git and still gets to this day. "Hey you" was the first track M recorded after the Confessions era and her first time working with Pharell. Even though Pharell is an urban producer she didn't jump on the bandwagon and made him produce something totally different than his usual rnb productions. The reception of the track has been horrible by the fans and she then decided to go for Pharell's traditionnal rnb productions and that's how we got Candy shop and all his tracks Hard Candy. I do believe that if the reception of "Hey you" was good she would have gone for a less urban album and a more "preachy/etheral" sound. "Hey you" was a test in my opinion. 

Hey You has few issues in the basics to be a pop or interesting song. There's not strong structure nor catchy chorus or bridge.

It hasn't got a build up nor any tension or pause. You can compare to many of the slow hits she has like Live to tell, I want you even Take a bow, they all have a nice backbone and melodic story line.

Hey You is like when everyone is around the bonfire enjoying the sunset and the holistic drunk grabs the guitar and starts some kumbaya to mother earth and feeling blessed. Ruining the evening for everyone that don't want to sing-a-long.

Hey You is Love Makes the world go round sang by Esther.

The message is so full on  and trite , it feels like a parody. And the video is pretentious and dated, like something from the 80s.