I literally cannot stop singing Hey You!

Sultrysully

On 7/2/2022 at 5:25 PM, TonyMontana said:
I like "Heh you" and never understood the hate it git and still gets to this day. "Hey you" was the first track M recorded after the Confessions era and her first time working with Pharell. Even though Pharell is an urban producer she didn't jump on the bandwagon and made him produce something totally different than his usual rnb productions. The reception of the track has been horrible by the fans and she then decided to go for Pharell's traditionnal rnb productions and that's how we got Candy shop and all his tracks Hard Candy. I do believe that if the reception of "Hey you" was good she would have gone for a less urban album and a more "preachy/etheral" sound. "Hey you" was a test in my opinion. 

I highly doubt that, I'm sorry.

I think it was more of a case of Pharrell happening to be the producer she was working with at the time.

She just lent on him to help faciliate the one-off ballad that was Hey You.

When you knock on The Neptunes' and Timbaland's door, you are after a particular sound...

M was disappointed with the US reception for COAD and was after RnB chart blood with HC.

I just do not get it. So much mockery and contempt for Hey you, a beautiful song that could have fit perfectly on the American Life album, instead of the insipid and synthetic Die another Day, since it presents acoustic elements that are very sympathetic to the sound of the album. And not only that, the social message of the song would have contributed to the concept of the album where various life situations are narrated and a song where the message helps to reinforce our spiritual side was missing.

If there were more songs like Hey you, this world would be a much better place, a world where values and morals are so neglected by society that it prefers to listen to songs where promiscuity, crime and vulgarity are encouraged. And the most unfortunate thing is that this music is also so popular among children, evidencing the lack of responsibility of these "artists" who, being role models, do not realize the damage they do to them. That's when I wonder who fights for the rights of children to avoid being influenced by these messages of this decadent music? Mysteriously, many social organizations decide to put on a blindfold and not confront this side of the industry and I ask myself: What could be the reason?, using a tone of sarcasm.

On 7/3/2022 at 3:59 PM, chaosmen1984mk said:

I just do not get it. So much mockery and contempt for Hey you, a beautiful song that could have fit perfectly on the American Life album, instead of the insipid and synthetic Die another Day, since it presents acoustic elements that are very sympathetic to the sound of the album. And not only that, the social message of the song would have contributed to the concept of the album where various life situations are narrated and a song where the message helps to reinforce our spiritual side was missing.

If there were more songs like Hey you, this world would be a much better place, a world where values and morals are so neglected by society that it prefers to listen to songs where promiscuity, crime and vulgarity are encouraged. And the most unfortunate thing is that this music is also so popular among children, evidencing the lack of responsibility of these "artists" who, being role models, do not realize the damage they do to them. That's when I wonder who fights for the rights of children to avoid being influenced by these messages of this decadent music? Mysteriously, many social organizations decide to put on a blindfold and not confront this side of the industry and I ask myself: What could be the reason?, using a tone of sarcasm.

I actually do like Hey You... a lot!  It is poetic and heartfelt.  Wasn't is a Pharrell collab at one point?  I could be wrong on that one.