RUMOR: Britney performing at SuperBowl feat Madonna?

Andreo

1 hour ago, alvaroliam said:

maybe it's because he has never been that big in my country, but I don't remember that his opinions about stuff have ever made it into the news or anything here.

His last tour here in Australia was so ridiculously massive, he spent 3 months here playing arenas, stadiums, wineries... That tour worldwide has grossed over 400 million. So "noone cares about Elton" doesn't really ring true in the real world. Maybe in your country, I don't know?

4 hours ago, alvaroliam said:

The millions of Dua Lipa fans who stream his song because of her, yes.

Idk, maybe it's because he has never been that big in my country, but I don't remember that his opinions about stuff have ever made it into the news or anything here. Madonna posts a picture and it's a headline in South America. Elton talks shit about people and no one here says a thing. I learn about his meltdowns on music forums, and that's it.

Elton is much more popular and relevant than Madonna is currently. His tour has been absolutely massive and trying to belittle the worldwide success of Cold Heart by suggesting it was only because of Dua Lipa fans is silly.

8 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

His last tour here in Australia was so ridiculously massive, he spent 3 months here playing arenas, stadiums, wineries... That tour worldwide has grossed over 400 million. So "noone cares about Elton" doesn't really ring true in the real world. Maybe in your country, I don't know?

Yeah, here he can't even fulfill half of a stadium here. His concert was for 50K people and only 10K-15K showed up. ☠️
Paul McCartney, on the other hand, performed for an 80K audience, and even when they're not comparable, it says a lot about the real impact of the legacy artists in some parts of the world.

6 hours ago, Skyline Pigeon said:

Elton is much more popular and relevant than Madonna is currently.

Again, it depends on which part of the world you are. For example, like saying hip-hop is massive globally when is almost non-existent for non-english speakers.

11 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Bloody love Elton. He actually performed a concert at the top of my street, and I’ve seen him live too :)

On 7/6/2022 at 6:23 AM, alvaroliam said:

Idk, maybe it's because he has never been that big in my country

and why is your country the standard to measure someone's popularity? maybe he just didn't care enough to promote there because he was busy elsewhere? I mean, sure, overall Madonna is a bigger star and her controversies make headlines, but dismissing Elton John's legendary success is ridiculous. He is smashing it at the age of 75. Don't know how many male or female artists can do that.

On 7/6/2022 at 9:26 AM, alvaroliam said:

Yeah, here he can't even fulfill half of a stadium here. His concert was for 50K people and only 10K-15K showed up. ☠️
Paul McCartney, on the other hand, performed for an 80K audience, and even when they're not comparable, it says a lot about the real impact of the legacy artists in some parts of the world.

Again, it depends on which part of the world you are. For example, like saying hip-hop is massive globally when is almost non-existent for non-english speakers.

There are several concepts that come into play if we compare these 2 artists: Success, fame and transcendence. Elton John may be successful and famous, but he never managed to be transcendental like Madonna, who is a much more attractive figure for the press and the media by continuing to generate headlines and media news that not only interest her fans but the public in general, as well as being world famous (on 5 continents), beautiful and filling stadiums ALL over the world, things that Elton John cannot brag about.

By the way, I never liked this man for attacking Madonna so much, if I even thought that there was some obsession with her fame or some envy for being a woman since the insults were very strong and humiliating but fortunately Madonna never lowered herself to his level and she always responded with respect (something I learned from her). Because in theory many can boast of being the most immaculate in the world (as in religion) but it is in practice or in unexpected situations when we see what kind of people they really are.

Elton John made fantastic albums in the 70's, then he stopped, made shit records, took cocaine again and made I'm still standing and stopped for good then he made vapid Disney soundtracks until today (he even tried to make an album with Patrick Leonard in the 00), created feuds with other celebrities (Madonna's being the nicest one actually, he went really low when her went to the press to talk about private stuff his then friends George Michael, Robbie Williams and the Beckhams told him which ended their friendships). I guess his 70's albums should be renamed Elton John on cocaine so people would know which ones to listen to an which ones to avoid (everything since 1983 which is almost 40 years ago).

The whole claim that Elton only made good albums because of cocaine is plain wrong, his best work was before he got into drugs or was only dabbling in it. By the time he was seriously addicted in the 80's, it had a negative impact on his music. I'm Still Standing is not even that good of a song by his standards and he has made plenty of good music since 70's. Elton can be an asshole sometimes but Madonna accepted his apology and moved on from this ages ago, so how about the fanbase grow up also. The way some of you talk, it would seem Elton is a relatively obscure artist🙄get real please!

6 hours ago, androiduser said:

and why is your country the standard to measure someone's popularity? maybe he just didn't care enough to promote there because he was busy elsewhere? I mean, sure, overall Madonna is a bigger star and her controversies make headlines, but dismissing Elton John's legendary success is ridiculous. He is smashing it at the age of 75. Don't know how many male or female artists can do that.

When did I said my country was the standard? XD

To be fair, I don't know any of his songs. It's  not like people of my age are listening to his work, apart from some of his remixes with popular artists (which I can't deny, it’s a cool marketing tool to make new generations “discover” legacy acts, tho). But I'm not denying his impact, and if so many people around the world listens to him, then it must be for something.

Now, why would his hypothetical opinion about an hypothetical Super Bowl performance rumour that hypothetically involves Madonna, matter to anyone? Idk, but that's how I felt and that's what I commented first. Which, somehow, was taken too seriously. And it's funny, 'cause that comment made this Britney-themed thread took a weird twist, lol.

5 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I can’t believe Elton’s worldwide legendary status and current popularity is being questioned. I suppose this is the fan base that once claimed “Michael Jackson was a local act” or that “Beyoncé isn’t famous in Germany” :lol:

WHAT. Who the hell said that?! Who would call Michael Jackson a local act? It's not like he's Elton, or something (jk 🤪).

50 minutes ago, Skyline Pigeon said:

Elton can be an asshole sometimes but Madonna accepted his apology and moved on from this ages ago, so how about the fanbase grow up also.

That's something that I applaud of M: she has always been a class act with him. Maybe joking about the guy, but always paying respect to him and even highlighting his work in recent times (on her birthday in 2019, with her recent cover for Ukraine, etc).

However, I think his husband is very aggresive towards her. For example, he mocked her on the comments of an IG post  related to Evita very recently . And as far as I remember, it's not the first time: he seems to be a douche with Madonna. And that could be the reason why part of the fanbase (me included, sometimes) kind of dislike any association with Elton, knowing that he's also associated with that creep. 

I dislike a lot how Elton spoke about Madonna to the press, very very ugly. However, even though Madonna as a pop star was the most iconic thing ever, nowadays I think Elton is seen by general audiences as a genius and a music genius whereas the opinion on Madonna is not very good and is not about a musical legend, but more about how in the past she was famous. A shame, she was a pop music genius most of the time, but again, not musical things are hidding the music relevance, much of it I think it´s because of Madonna´s own behaviour.

About Madonna and Britney performing, I hope it´s not true: I already can see it, the same old tired concept, bad choreo, a lesbian kiss, pre recorded vocals plus screaming live voice, we against the men, and all of that..they already did that and better, it´s time for something fresher, please.

1 hour ago, Drownedboy said:

I dislike a lot how Elton spoke about Madonna to the press, very very ugly. However, even though Madonna as a pop star was the most iconic thing ever, nowadays I think Elton is seen by general audiences as a genius and a music genius whereas the opinion on Madonna is not very good and is not about a musical legend, but more about how in the past she was famous.

All true. I think it's strange how Elton has repeatedly trashed Madonna and then apologised each time. He obviously has an issue with her but isn't man enough to stand by his opinions.