Material Gworl remix with Saucy Santana

DjKingBee

I wouldnt say Saucy's first version was a massive hit on the charts.  Most of the public would not know it.  Saucy wold benefit big time from the remix being released.  Discovered by a whole new mainstream audience. But I saw saucy has a song coming out with latto called Booty.  So M better get onto it or it will become latto's moment. Maybe it was just something cute she did for us for pride.  But I agree its got legs especially with all the 80's nolstalgia at the moment, stranger things, Top gun etc

2 hours ago, blondebenji said:

I wouldnt say Saucy's first version was a massive hit on the charts.  Most of the public would not know it.  Saucy wold benefit big time from the remix being released. 

Most young people definitely know it. Im not sure about the music charts but it was a viral sensation, over a billion people hashtagged #materialgirl on tik tok which of course brought interest to Madonna’s original. Madonna would benefit more from the collab imo. But like Frozen it may also flop considering it’s 6 months too late.

16 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Most young people definitely know it. Im not sure about the music charts but it was a viral sensation, over a billion people hashtagged #materialgirl on tik tok which of course brought interest to Madonna’s original. Madonna would benefit more from the collab imo. But like Frozen it may also flop considering it’s 6 months too late.

But "Frozen" didn't flop. 75M streams on Spotify only and still strong after 7 months. It helped her almost double her monthly listeners on Spotify. And most importantly: she capitalized and make hers a trend that was using her song. It will be the same with the new "Material Girl" remix if it's released. It arrives late, yeah, but there's always s**t and contracts going on behind the scenes (with "Frozen" it took them some time to figure out who was really behind the remix), plus timing. The Standard edition of "Finally Enough Love" was released on streaming less than two weeks ago. They need to give space between releases.

For the first time in years she pays attention and have a team that pays attention of what's going on and that can only be good. Plus she seems to be interested in all these little one-off projects and remixes, I think it keeps her creatively flowing. :cute:

On 7/5/2022 at 2:05 AM, Blue Jean said:

I'm not sure which pronoun they prefer 

Exactly. That's the point, although we can use "They" as you say (by the way thanks for the information, I didn't know that), this applies more in writing but in social interaction we will have to find out which pronoun that person feels more comfortable with (he , she, sie, zie, they) and thus avoid hurting her delicate susceptibility by using the wrong pronoun and perhaps an overreaction of this person (I don't want to imagine someone getting the wrong pronoun with a person of Saucy Santana's build). Definitely, these new realities make social coexistence more complex and complicated, but we have no other option than to adapt to maintain a cordial environment, even if inside we are not completely in agreement.

7 hours ago, Prayer said:
But "Frozen" didn't flop. 75M streams on Spotify only and still strong after 7 months. It helped her almost double her monthly listeners on Spotify. And most importantly: she capitalized and make hers a trend that was using her song. It will be the same with the new "Material Girl" remix if it's released. It arrives late, yeah, but there's always s**t and contracts going on behind the scenes (with "Frozen" it took them some time to figure out who was really behind the remix), plus timing. The Standard edition of "Finally Enough Love" was released on streaming less than two weeks ago. They need to give space between releases.
For the first time in years she pays attention and have a team that pays attention of what's going on and that can only be good. Plus she seems to be interested in all these little one-off projects and remixes, I think it keeps her creatively flowing. :cute:

In some ways, it was successful, yes.

In other ways, it didn’t do much at all…

On 7/5/2022 at 5:26 PM, blondebenji said:

But I saw saucy has a song coming out with latto called Booty.  

Oh my God, is this serious? I can already imagine the video: grotesque close-up shots of many butts of all shapes and colors and deep, thoughtful lyrics about the functions and uses of this part of the body. In music, nothing surprises me anymore, having so many issues to sing about, apparently a hymn to the booty was what this world needed.

45 minutes ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

Oh my God, is this serious? I can already imagine the video: grotesque close-up shots of many butts of all shapes and colors and deep, thoughtful lyrics about the functions and uses of this part of the body. In music, nothing surprises me anymore, having so many songs to sing about, apparently a hymn to the booty was what this world needed.

'bottom'

That's been taken care of several times before.

2 hours ago, professormouse said:

'bottom'

That's been taken care of several times before.

Madonna can also sing about butts but the difference is that she does it with class and elegance, not like today's artists who go more to the vulgar and sexual side. In Hanky Panky, Madonna talks about the pleasure she feels when being spanked by her partner, but in a humorous way that does not offend the listener, using ironic and funny phrases for it, and at the same time we learn a little about the subject of fetishes, something that many may not know. In conclusion a song apparently frivolous but elaborated with intelligence. Something that cannot be asked of today's music, where apparently the more ordinary the lyrics, the more attractive to the listener it will be.

That's wy there is no point of comparison with the music of the 80s, well in general everything at that time was much better: movies, TV series, forms of entertainment, social contact (lost because of cell phones). Sometimes I wish I had lived in such a beautiful time, but remembering the hairstyles and clothes that were worn back then, I don't feel so enthusiastic anymore.

4 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

Oh my God, is this serious? I can already imagine the video: grotesque close-up shots of many butts of all shapes and colors and deep, thoughtful lyrics about the functions and uses of this part of the body. In music, nothing surprises me anymore, having so many issues to sing about, apparently a hymn to the booty was what this world needed.

Well... it actually is about butts in general but I am here for it. Plus, it's a bop. 😂

11 hours ago, Prayer said:

I agree with you however the song would have had quite a bit more impact if they’d struck when the iron was hotter. I guess it’s easy for us to say that in hindsight, as you said we don’t know what went on behind the scenes or what delayed it.

Ultimately social media and the world of trends and tik tok moves so fast it’s difficult for anyone to jump on a bandwagon fast. Especially someone who comes from a whole different period.

I always wonder if she would get more mileage out of creating something with a bit more heart and soul rather than chasing tik tok trends though. I suppose these things are just inbetween filler projects, who knows what the next album will be. It would be nice to see her do something that really wows people.

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

I agree with you however the song would have had quite a bit more impact if they’d struck when the iron was hotter. I guess it’s easy for us to say that in hindsight, as you said we don’t know what went on behind the scenes or what delayed it.

Ultimately social media and the world of trends and tik tok moves so fast it’s difficult for anyone to jump on a bandwagon fast. Especially someone who comes from a whole different period.

I always wonder if she would get more mileage out of creating something with a bit more heart and soul rather than chasing tik tok trends though. I suppose these things are just inbetween filler projects, who knows what the next album will be. It would be nice to see her do something that really wows people.

That shitty loop would have never become some sort of staple song of the 2020s. It was just a silly experiment that slowly gained traction on social media for months. 
I don’t know why people here desperately want to see it as a major release or anything. 
She just used it as a tool to increase her streaming profile and it did surprisingly well. 
Further than that I think her fans here obsess over it way more than she ever did. 
It was just a marketing tool for the new streaming age. 

Cool down guys the track is really dated and cheesy as hell, even if released it would be forgotten in a blink of an eye and i can tell you it would do nothing for her or her career. That was a fun peanut for the pride gig and that's really nothing more. I believe M is bright enough to know it. Even the recent Frozen remixes were way more current and somehow edgy than that Saucy Material girl track...

9 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

That shitty loop would have never become some sort of staple song of the 2020s. It was just a silly experiment that slowly gained traction on social media for months. 
I don’t know why people here desperately want to see it as a major release or anything. 
She just used it as a tool to increase her streaming profile and it did surprisingly well. 
Further than that I think her fans here obsess over it way more than she ever did. 

She released 3 versions of it and made 2 music videos. If anyone was obsessed with it it was her.

10 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

I was so confused at first but now I get it. "Material Girl (Remix)" isn't a remix of Madonna's Material girl, it's a remix of Saucy's song. That's why it sounds nothing like Madonna's song. I was like... How is this a remix? It sounds nothing like Material girl lol

i was today years old that i learned this thanks to your post :)

IT’S A LONG WAYYYYYY

IT’S A LONG DAYYYYYY

I politely ask everyone to remove the sticks out of their asses and just enjoy the music when it comes. Not everything has to be so serious. She’s over 60 she’s not gonna chart. She’s not gonna be massively appealing to the public with any new music. Just enjoy the fun stuff she puts out. Yes the Frozen thing was tiring but these cute remixes are actually good and I can’t wait for them

• 3 weeks later...