The Immaculate Collection VS. Finally Enough Love (Standard Edition)

Kieran

The Immaculate Collection VS. Finally Enough Love (Standard Edition)  

70 members voted

1. 1. The Immaculate Collection VS. Finally Enough Love (Standard Edition)?

• The Immaculate Collection
    • Finally Enough Love (Standard Edition)

Of course TIC has had over three decades to become the iconic and cultural force of nature that it is - and to earn a special place in our hearts. TIC also covers a much, much shorter scope of time than FEL. However, upon listening to the standard edition of FEL for the first time, I was struck by how the listening experience was so great that it may challenge TIC for being the ULTIMATE Madonna collection. As a Stan who adores M's ballads, this was quite a surprise. Even without staples such as LIB etc, the standard FEL hits with a force (though Hollywood did dip the flow). Particularly, the closing quadrilogy of GGW > LFL > Med > IDSIF is up there with the best of M moments on any album - it just all works so perfectly. Yes, the standard edition looses a tonne of M 'classics' compared to TIC - but this comes at the expense of being able to offer great stuff from the rest of her career in a 'fresh' but digestible way - similar to what TIC offered with its remixed versions. FEL only having one track more than TIC, it feels very slick and therefore comparable to TIC as a snapshot of M's catalogue. The 50-track Deluxe will obviously be a different beast, and in its own universe of greatness and therefore not directly comparable as a 'slim-lined' presentation of M's catelogue.

Simply put - FEL standard edition and an updated Something to Remember edition to compliment... Madonna Heaven.

1 hour ago, Askeroff said:

Greatest Hits collection  that invent pop industry Vs Random remix compilation 

Random Remix compilation??? 50 #1 is a Random compilation???

TIC is more random remix compilation than FEL (where's  Causing a Commotion, True Blue, Burning Up, Oh Father, Everybody, Who's that girl? And many tracks on TIC are too short. TIC is amazing, but far from perfect. 

--------------------

EDIT: Forget my post. I've thought we were talking about the 50 tracks edition, not the 16 tracks edition. I'm sorry. TIC is better than the 16-tracks edition.

TIC has always been her outstanding compilation she ever made, adding the fact that all tracks are not the same as album versions (somewhat considered to be a remix album too but mostly not), a compilation album that introduces the Q-Sound technology at that time, tracks mostly topped or peaked within top 10 of the charts (either Billboard Hot 100 of UK Singles due to Into The Groove peaking at UK Singles Chart), and also she released it after her iconic & successful Blond Ambition Tour during her prime, despite of missing tracks that she should include.

FEL, on the other hand, is just a celebratory of her 50 #1s Dance Hits, her another achievement on Billboard Dance (sorry I forgot the name of that chart) over the past 40 years of her artist career, something that a continuation of her You Can Dance-Remixed & Revisited remixes albums. But unlike TIC, FEL has overall club remix edits and different musical arrangements of songs than album/radio/single edit versions.

8 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

Random Remix compilation??? 50 #1 is a Random compilation???

TIC is more random remix compilation than FEL (where's  Causing a Commotion, True Blue, Burning Up, Oh Father, Everybody, Who's that girl? And many tracks on TIC are too short. TIC is amazing, but far from perfect. 

--------------------

EDIT: Forget my post. I've thought we were talking about the 50 tracks edition, not the 16 tracks edition. I'm sorry. TIC is better than the 16-tracks edition.

I think your points still stand! 😂

9 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Why are we comparing a remix compilation centered around a very specific US chart with an overall GH collection?

FEL is more of a continuation of You Can Dance or like Greg said GHV2 Remixed

Because even though there are many differences, if one was to reach for a 15/16 track Madonna compilation of remixes/alt versions… they compare quite nicely whilst offering different perspectives on her career. They are both selective and are both curated with the view of having one standard album as the end result. 

If I had an hour to listen to an M compilation now - I think I’d go with FEL standard over TIC. 

9 minutes ago, Kieran said:

Because even though there are many differences, if one was to reach for a 15/16 track Madonna compilation of remixes/alt versions… they compare quite nicely whilst offering different perspectives on her career. They are both selective and are both curated with the view of having one standard album as the end result. 

If I had an hour to listen to an M compilation now - I think I’d go with FEL standard over TIC. 

Well, it is given that IC covers her top hits in the 80s plus two new tracks while FEL is the entirety of her discography but yeah, I get your point. 😁

If the track list for FEL was

1. Holiday
  2. Like A Virgin
  3. Material Girl
  4. Into The Groove
  5. Open Your Heart
  6. Like A Prayer
  7. Express Yourself
  8. Vogue
  9. Justify My Love
  10. Frozen
  11. Ray Of Light
  12. Music
  13. Hung Up
  14. Give It 2 Me
  15. Girl Gone Wild
  16. Bitch Im Madonna
  17. Medellin

we might have ....and I stress might...have some cause for comparison. 

So Imma have to immaculate all the way.

Further proof that a single disc Madonna greatest hits is pure shenanigans. The quality is too much. and the above wouldn't even be it.