MEGARATE: MDNA era [Results Show - Recap on first page]

Curtains

If with the previous albums the challenge was to know which of all the songs deserved the highest score, now the challenge is reversed thanks to the poor quality of the album and scores close to 0 will be constant in this personal evaluation. Perhaps it would have been a better idea if this album had never seen the light of day due to the enormous damage it did to Madonna's career. But realizing that the price of this alternative reality would be that a song as wonderful and beautiful as Falling Free had never existed definitely makes me change my mind and then try to justify the mediocrity of this album in various ways although no argument will save it from to be the winner of the title of Madonna's worst album (it's about time she had one)

Songs without identity, without soul and where the maturity present in previous albums now seems strange. I look for Madonna in these songs and I can't find her. I don't even identify her on the album cover. About to throw in the towel, Falling Free appears and makes me regain hope, that all is not lost. It is like the prize that one receives after going through various torments and tortures to check and verify your faith and resistance.

I am sure that Falling Free will be victorious in this poll, I trust the good taste of the fans even though many will surely not understand the message of the song given the complexity of the lyrics but it is the only song that deserves to be rescued from these quicksand where unfortunately most of the songs will end up sinking hopelessly due to the weight represented in their poor quality and mediocrity, especially B-day Song.

Madonna was going through so much personal shit at the time and this album really highlights that because fucking hell I forgot just how wretched it really is. Everything feels so hollow, kinda like the only reason this monstrosity was ever put out was to meet obligations. The songwriting is bland as hell for the most part, B Day is just pathetic to be included on a proper studio album. Any glimmer of potential that MDNA has is buried beneath the nightmare of the production, real shame that Orbit did not produce the whole thing. Masterpiece is the only redeemable track.

The original tracklist even had B-Day Song included as a track on the standard album instead of Love Spent! 😂😂😂

1. Girl Gone Wild
2. Gang Bang
3. I'm Addicted
4. Some Girls
5. I Don't Give A
6. Turn Up the Radio
7. Give Me All Your Luvin'
8. B-day Song
9. Superstar
10. I'm a Sinner
11. Masterpiece
12. Falling Free

Bonus Tracks:
1. Love Spent
2. I Fucked Up
3. Beautiful Killer
4. Best Friend
5. Give Me All Your Luvin' (Party Rock Remix)
6. Love Spent (Acoustic)

The album flows a bit better like this but there is so much shit on it that you can’t make it through without skipping 75%.

17 minutes ago, Roy said:

Look, it's a cute song that would keep me on a good mood every birthday since the time I dived into MDNA.

But hey, it's all good in here. :D

I think my disengagement with this song is because I was excited M was working with M.I.A. when the latter was producing great tunes. And this was it..

But you have your right to play the tunes you wish in your birthday !<3

1 minute ago, EgoRod said:

I think my disengagement with this song is because I was excited M was working with M.I.A. when the latter was producing great tunes. And this was it..

But you have your right to play the tunes you wish in your birthday !<3

I wonder how they went into this song though... I am thinking they made another song after it then decided to put B-Day song instead on the deluxe edition. 🤔

Speaking about cake song ............it's not a question of liking it or not but how to understand that the song ends up on the final setlist.....from a discographic point of view it's one of the most embarrassing moments of her long, talented and productive career......Hard Candy is weak throughout and I prefer MDNA but in it there are a few songs which I am really ashamed........we will see what gives the result of the megarate

1 hour ago, poodle said:

Voted. Thank you once again @Curtains

MDNA should be my favourite Madge album because it's so hard to point out songs that are bad or seem out of place. The tour was outstanding as well, feel the hate, I say. Yeah, that's it! Feeling the hate! :broken::heart:

You're welcome! The tour is one of my favorites as well.  :Madonna001:

• Curtains changed the title to MEGARATE: MDNA era [Results Show - Recap on first page]
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic