Finally Enough Love - the MAIN version?

Finally Enough Love - the MAIN version?  

115 members voted

1. 1. Which version do you consider to be the main version of Finally Enough Love album?

• The 1 CD version
    • The 3 CD version

20 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

They are two separate albums - Finally Enough Love and Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones

this is not helpful :lol:

because they really can be viewed as separate albums and they both have a concept. The 16 track is a number 1 from each era, plus if you get the vinyl then each side covers one decade. 

but the 50 track is all of the number ones from the billboard chart. and the title implies that she finally got enough love with 50 number ones. so i guess that is the main one.

although i prefer the concept and artwork of the 16 track.

this is not as easy as deciding which Madame X or Rebel Heart or Celebration version is the main one.

1 hour ago, GhostOrchid said:

because they really can be viewed as separate albums and they both have a concept. The 16 track is a number 1 from each era, plus if you get the vinyl than each side covers one decade. 

but the 50 track is all of the number ones from the billboard chart. and the title implies that she finally got enough love with 50 number ones. so i guess that is the main one.

this is not as easy as deciding which Madame X or Rebel Heart or Celebration version is the main one.

They actually are two albums :) from the media release

To celebrate this historic milestone, Madonna curated two new collections: FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE: 50 NUMBER ONES, a new 50-track collection that includes her favorite remixes of those chart-topping dance hits that have filled clubs worldwide for four decades, and an abridged 16-track version, simply titled FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE.

14 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

It says abridged. By definition this means it’s a shortened version of something longer. 
An abridged version of a book may have a different cover and sells on its own but it’s still an edited version of that same book. Not an entirely different book

'what you can afford'

was the collections working title

:dance:

Just waiting on Ferdinand & Daisy now.

3 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

The 3-CD version with the 50 #1. I think the 1-CD version is intended for no-fans or casual fans. 

Agree.

The answer depends on the target audience. For fans, even the 50-track version is less than enough.  For the general public, a remix album of 1 hour is quite enough.

4 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

It says abridged. By definition this means it’s a shortened version of something longer. 
An abridged version of a book may have a different cover and sells on its own but it’s still an edited version of that same book. Not an entirely different book

I see it as two different collections - each with a different title and different artwork etc

9 hours ago, GhostOrchid said:

because they really can be viewed as separate albums and they both have a concept. The 16 track is a number 1 from each era, plus if you get the vinyl than each side covers one decade. 

I JUST LOVE THE EXPLANATION.... esp bout the 16 track one and why it's called FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE

8 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

This. The main version and the point of this project is celebrating her 50 US #1 Dance hits, so the 50-track version is the one. But a 50-track album is LONG. The 16-track version is a shortened one, and probably more convenient for general public or casual streams.

19 hours ago, GregVsMatt said:

They actually are two albums :) from the media release

To celebrate this historic milestone, Madonna curated two new collections: FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE: 50 NUMBER ONES, a new 50-track collection that includes her favorite remixes of those chart-topping dance hits that have filled clubs worldwide for four decades, and an abridged 16-track version, simply titled FINALLY ENOUGH LOVE.

:cryin::cryin::cryin:

It does make sense that the 16-track is for general public and non-fans, but can 3CD even be considered an album? i think I read somewhere that up to 2CDs is an album and anything 3+ is a box set.