Madonna in the cover of L'OFFICIEL IBIZA

deathproof

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This project was born to pay a tribute to a contemporary icon who has defined, influenced and informed today's culture and aesthetics through her music and style. With a firm nod to nostalgia, Madonna has soundtracked the future, thanks to songs that have become legends in their own right. Courageous and nonconformist, provocative and avant-garde, Madonna is the embodiment of the lyric found in one of her songs -  'Express yourself, don't repress yourself,' -  a manifesto for a life lived in the spotlight.  

"Tropical the island breeze, all of nature wild and free, this is where I long to be, la isla bonita"

In honour of Madonna and her first Latin-pop single La Isla Bonita, launched in 1987, we have created a tribute to this most alluring of icons. Riccardo Tisci, creative director of Burberry and a long time friend and collaborator of Madonna, has used his own words to celebrate both their enduring friendship and the island of Ibiza.

Madonna Photograph by Ricardo Gomes - Artwork and Collage by Portis Wasp

'Let’s keep in mind one part of this iconic song, which may best describe the vibe of Ibiza: Tropical the island breeze, all of nature wild and free, this is where I long to be, la isla bonita.'

'Madonna is a real-life friend and working with her is always effortless, like collaborating with family.'

'I feel incredibly fortunate to have been given the opportunity to work with Madonna the icon, the artist, the woman for whom I have so much respect and admiration.'

'I love Madonna. She evokes emotions ın me. I am someone who needs emotions and needs to transmit them. If that weren’t the case, I’d be better off changing professions..

Photography RICARDO GOMES 

Artwork & collage PORTIS WASP

Text by Giampietro Baudo

Photographed by Ricardo Gomes. Madonna wears a look by Burberry.

24 minutes ago, deathproof said:

1657809049-lofficiel-ibiza-madonna-cover
https://www.lofficielibiza.com/portraits/lofficiel-ibiza-cover-star-icon-madonna-by-ricardo-gomes-portis-was

Madonna, the one and only. A cover collaboration created exclusively for the first edition of L'OFFICIEL IBIZA by internationally renowned photographer Ricardo Gomes and multimedia artist Portis Wasp.

07.14.2022 by Giampietro Baudo

The original is her doing that on the staircase but somehow, this one with the giant discoball works too. 

Amazing! :D

34 minutes ago, PaperFaces said:

I miss ACTUAL photographers like Patrick Demarchelier and Herb Ritts.

Their shots of Madonna spoke for themselves.

Gomes' pictures, without some font and a bunch of graphics in front of them, arent exactly great. Nothing that cant be done with an Iphone. Photography for the common man.

He's more like a social media photographer than a portfolio one. She probably makes him do everything (including directing videos and the Madame X tour) because it's cheaper and he knows how she likes her pictures airbrushed

47 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

Good pics, but I don't see the Isla Bonita connection anywhere... 

I think the connection is just Ibiza magazine, island, "La Isla Bonita".

Great photos! Even when she's back on top of a f*****g disco ball - "Confessions" era like - some fans are NOT satisfied. :smile:

2 hours ago, PaperFaces said:

I miss ACTUAL photographers like Patrick Demarchelier and Herb Ritts.

Their shots of Madonna spoke for themselves.

have you noticed that renowned photographers don't do many photoshoots with Madonna any more? My guess is they don't fit the overedited filtered aesthetics

20 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I think the connection is just Ibiza magazine, island, "La Isla Bonita".

Great photos! Even when she's back on top of a f*****g disco ball - "Confessions" era like - some fans are NOT satisfied. :smile:

You do realize people are talking about execution right? Just like in the other thread where you defended using an old photo for FEL when nobody was even talking about an old photo but the actual execution and novice photoshop. Nobody is complaining about there being a disco ball. It's great that she's reaching out to fans are design jobs but cmon...maybe the fans who actually do a good job would wanna be compensated and that could be why...this is happening. We're all glad her instagram became more curated and less clumsy but when you start using your instagram photographer for actual photoshoots it all ends up looking like the same damn thing and becomes a "seen it already" thing.