Nothing like a good spanky!

truerebel

45 minutes ago, truerebel said:

So, the bare bottom 12" Mix of Hanky Panky just came on shuffle and I completely forgot what a BOP it is!!!! This mix should've also been included on FEL!!!!!

Just wanted to know anyone else who appreciate this often forgotten gem.......my bottom hurst just thinking about i!

1*D_idEA5JGRpjoGaIgW7aWQ.thumb.jpeg.38431a2704e4d94d3b9dbd1aac489b3a.jpeg

Despite all the love I have for Breathless, these versions should never have happened.

2 hours ago, truerebel said:

So, the bare bottom 12" Mix of Hanky Panky just came on shuffle and I completely forgot what a BOP it is!!!! This mix should've also been included on FEL!!!!!

No. It wasn't #1. FEL is a compilation with #1. I like the Remix Edit but I don't like too much the 12'' Remix. 

1 hour ago, Skyline Pigeon said:

I'm Breathless is like ice cream that had the potential to taste decent until Madonna decided to leave it out in the sun too long. The soundtrack is unworthy of a single like Vogue.

I agree with you because Vogue belongs to "Like A Prayer" era (originally it was the b-side of Keep It Together).

3 hours ago, Enrico said:

I love the album!

The three Sondheim songs are perfect.

He's a man is one of my favourite M songs, great album opener!!

I can't conceive Vogue in a "personal" album like LAP, it fits much better here.

I also love the album, but I can't conceive "Vogue" in "I'm Breathless". The perfect ending is "Now I'm Following You (Part II)". "Vogue" is like "Supernatural", a B-Side from the "Like A Prayer" era and belongs to the "Like A Prayer" era. Nothing more. "Vogue" is the perfect ending for the "Like A Prayer" era (It's like the twin sister of "Express Yourself"). 

In my opinion (and it's just my opinion) I think many of you love "Vogue" in "I'm Breathless" because you knew the song as final track of "I'm Breathless". I knew Vogue as single before "I'm Breathless". And one thing is clear, "Vogue" is in "I'm Breathless" to sell more albums. 

Anyway, It's been 32 years... This debate has no sense nowadays. We can't change the past neither Warner's decisions

2 hours ago, Aiwa08 said:

I also love the album, but I can't conceive "Vogue" in "I'm Breathless". The perfect ending is "Now I'm Following You (Part II)". "Vogue" is like "Supernatural", a B-Side from the "Like A Prayer" era and belongs to the "Like A Prayer" era. Nothing more. "Vogue" is the perfect ending for the "Like A Prayer" era (It's like the twin sister of "Express Yourself"). 

In my opinion (and it's just my opinion) I think many of you love "Vogue" in "I'm Breathless" because you knew the song as final track of "I'm Breathless". I knew Vogue as single before "I'm Breathless". And one thing is clear, "Vogue" is in "I'm Breathless" to sell more albums. 

Anyway, It's been 32 years... This debate has no sense nowadays. We can't change the past neither Warner's decisions

I also knew vogue way before I ever heard I’m breathless. But I think it’s a brilliant ending and truly makes it a concept album. 

I think Vogue fits I´m breathless era cause she was trying to be seen at that time as a blonde superstar of the old screen era, like the ones she names in the song. It´s about how the frivolous part of you can make feel better, and I don´t think it suits at all the LAP concept, with those Pat Leornad songs about her mother and childhood and about being a rebel and expressing her opinions, the brunette Madonna opening her heart.

For me it´s perfect in The inmaculate collection.

41 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

I think Vogue fits I´m breathless era cause she was trying to be seen at that time as a blonde superstar of the old screen era, like the ones she names in the song. It´s about how the frivolous part of you can make feel better, and I don´t think it suits at all the LAP concept, with those Pat Leornad songs about her mother and childhood and about being a rebel and expressing her opinions, the brunette Madonna opening her heart.

For me it´s perfect in The inmaculate collection.

Vogue was created for the "Like A Prayer" era. Like "Supernatural". It was Warner's decision release the song as A-Side and including it in "I'm Breathless", it wasn't a Madonna's choice. Of course it's perfect in the Immaculate Collection, it flows perfectly after the "Like A Prayer" singles. I've never said that Vogue should be in "Like A Prayer" album. I've said it's perfect as the end of the "Like A Prayer" era (because is too similar to Express Yourself). I'm talking about the song, not the video-clip.

48 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Vogue was created for the "Like A Prayer" era. Like "Supernatural". It was Warner's decision release the song as A-Side and including it in "I'm Breathless", it wasn't a Madonna's choice. Of course it's perfect in the Immaculate Collection, it flows perfectly after the "Like A Prayer" singles. I've never said that Vogue should be in "Like A Prayer" album. I've said it's perfect as the end of the "Like A Prayer" era (because is too similar to Express Yourself). I'm talking about the song, not the video-clip.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vogue_(Madonna_song) According to that info, the song was recorded after the songs of Dick tracy were done. But it was almost the b side of Keep it together, the 4th single of LAP that was coming at that time, as the promo era for LAP had not finished yet. But the vogue sessions had not nothing to do with the recording sessions of LAP, which she did with Pat Leonard and Stephan Bray between the end of 1988 and the start of 1989.

19 hours ago, truerebel said:

Just wanted to know anyone else who appreciate this often forgotten gem.......my bottom hurst just thinking about i!

What I like the most about this song is the Madonna's vocal rendition as in other songs from IB (Back in business, More, ecc.). Possibly some of the best vocals of her career (pre and post Evita training).

Regarding HP remixes, the best one is the Bare bones single mix.

4 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vogue_(Madonna_song) According to that info, the song was recorded after the songs of Dick tracy were done. But it was almost the b side of Keep it together, the 4th single of LAP that was coming at that time, as the promo era for LAP had not finished yet. But the vogue sessions had not nothing to do with the recording sessions of LAP, which she did with Pat Leonard and Stephan Bray between the end of 1988 and the start of 1989.

Who's said it was written in LAP sessions?

It was written by Shep Pettibone and Madonna for Keep It Together to be released in the LAP era, after the successful remix of Express Yourself. Please don't put in my mouth something that I didn't say. I've never said that it should be in "Like A Prayer" album or that It was written in LAP sessions. I've said it belongs to LAP era because it was written to be B-side of KIT, and that it was the Madonna's wish, to close LAP era with Vogue, but Warner changed that.

Of course I understand the reasons why fans are happy with Warner's choice: A successful single and an amazing video. I only keep in mind the original Madonna's idea about Vogue: the final song to close LAP era.

Then that would mean to me the last of the project, the closing one would be, and is Keep it together, no its b-side. One more thing, Supernatural was recorded in the same sessions as LAP, so for me it belongs to that era much more than Vogue. Vogue was done after recording the breathless disc, so for me she was already miles away from LAP.