Art for Madonna - @brendonshayart Ask Me Anything <3

1 hour ago, TonyMontana said:

@Brendonshayart Hi ! i have one question for you ;

I guess Madonna knows about that chat thread you have opened on the forum. I'd like to know if this is your idea and you told her and she said "Yeah go for it" or is it her idea that you discuss the process on a fan forum ?!

Brendon has openly shared his experience on his instagram and M follows him - Aldo has done the same

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

15 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Yes, Burning Up was amazing. But the Lucky Star album cover wasn't. 

Has it ever been confirmed that Martin was part of that design process for this Lucky Star cover?

70828243_EdoBertoglio8.thumb.jpg.f7565c9b3d2b782d26e8203a1be57ece.jpg

I imagine Martin's design was something different maybe similar to Burning up. I'm not sure but even though I like the photos from the shoot I do think she made the right choice in re-shooting and going with a black and white photo. Going behind Martin's back instead of just telling him she didn't want to use his design was shady but she also gave him a lot of opportunities and supported him.

Here are some photos from the Edo Bertoglio shoot with Martin in April 1983

This would've been a nice cover, she looks ethereal but the Gary Heery shoot in May 1983 with the accessories has the downtown cool vibe.

79e95e086438ceda695bfead66d43767a6ab0f25

Martin seems to be directing her on her hand pose. Maybe he came up with the concept for the shoot 

074e544c8793bc447f00ea7e6674bff40702d15e

Debi Mazar did her makeup for the shoot

150723153533-05-cnnphotos-new-york-polar

Martin has the following credits:

Madonna-Burning-Up.jpg.585ec06983daf5d426d7e2c41bd34538.jpg

Madonna-Physical-Attraction.jpg.fd913ce3e9699219d3af34a10988d47e.jpg

Art concept for NV's 1983 single "It's Alright" and their 1984 single "Let Me Do You" (Sire Records)

1135196304_NV-ItsAlright.jpg.1a1e282349f8ebf45faa8c2e6c5aafbc.jpg

1879002272_NV-LetMeDoYou.jpg.19dcd5f77f62d2fd8032194a99f1508d.jpg

Cover design for Jellybean's 1984 single "The Mexican" (EMI America Records)

Jellybean-Mexican.jpg.d051504f83237dbb1a5dd6aa90e4c604.jpg

Design along with Amy Nagasawa for Jellybean's 1984 album Wotupski!?!  (EMI America Records)

anBlZw.jpeg

71+1tqdQysL._SL1200_.jpg

Cover art for the 1986 album Hand To Mouth by General Public (I.R.S. Records)

Ni02NDcwLmpwZWc.jpeg

Sleeve design and artwork for  The Jamaica Girls'  1986 single "On The Move" (Sire Records)

2131514227_JamaicaGirls-OntheMove.jpg.16c296cca0df6ffff5772d0b6c1e9072.jpg

LmpwZWc.jpeg

On 7/19/2022 at 10:47 PM, GregVsMatt said:

That comment comes across very rude. That would be like someone saying to you ' would love to see more of abstract expressionist painting from you. Here's mine.'

Brendon's work may not be to your personal taste but hey, it's immortalised on a Madonna album cover 

It was meant to be a cheeky "good work, but can you do this?" thing. And rude in purpose. :cute:

And no, I do not want to do abstract stuff, my brain just isn't wired for it. This is my one and only try at colourful sort-of-abstract with the Breathless Mahoney form. :lol:

breathless.jpg

On 7/20/2022 at 2:52 AM, gafuller said:

Welcome! 25 here so I understand Madonna almost second exposure from a family member than discovering her initially on your own. Also, beware we are as nice as we are critical sometimes. If M read half what went on here, she’d prob address us in an Insta story with the worse filter she could find just for us! Haha! Congrats on the opportunity and keep it up! There’s a lot I’ve seen on your insta that was just gorgeous and iconic. Literally would hang it up if I could haha.

Thank you so much , im getting much of my original madonna art photographed as to create art prints which will be available by the end of the year, thank for following! xoxoxoxox

18 minutes ago, Brendonshayart said:

Thank you so much , im getting much of my original madonna art photographed as to create art prints which will be available by the end of the year, thank for following! xoxoxoxox

That is amazing, Brandon! I'm sure lots of people will buy them because they look so beautiful. :D

Why did no one tell me we have a celebrity here!

@Brendonshayart Welcome to the forum!! 
It’s so awesome to have someone who’s worked with M on here! I’ve been loving your artwork on insta for some time. 

Hopefully we see more of your work in the future on official releases 

• 2 weeks later...