is this new release official?

wonderboy

6 minutes ago, Angelman60 said:

I saw that one in a fnac in France. It's crazy how they can sell bootleg stuff in shops. 

I think because technically its legal? Like the Blond Ambition Houston DVD isnt officially released by M but was legally sold by the owners of that footage. Thats why all these live vinyl sets are being released and in a mainstream way.

1 hour ago, Angelman60 said:

I saw that one in a fnac in France. It's crazy how they can sell bootleg stuff in shops. 

Bootlegs from the late 80s and especially in the 90s were quietly sold in record stores,and they were oversold because the material was not as available today on the internet.I physically bought the latest bootlegs in 2008/2009 for the Sticky And Sweet Tour then I stopped since in the end the material was the internet files in physical support. ( And anyway it's thanks to bootlegs that in the days without the internet many of us have been able to listen to many things,today just go to You Tube for example).The bootlegs of the 80's and 90's were certainly more beautiful on an aesthetic level than those that are produced today on a smaller scale.

If it weren't for audio bootlegs, bootleg DVDs or just for all the material we recorded on audio cassettes, on vhs we would have practically nothing.If we had to rely on official material it would have been a disaster.

5 hours ago, Angelman60 said:

Same and another one and they were like upfront when you entered the store (in Paris Les Halles). I checked the racks and it was not Madonna only, there were Michael Jackson and Bowie bootlegs too. A friend bought one and apparently it's like sourced directly from Youtube !

44 minutes ago, Roland Barthes said:

Same and another one and they were like upfront when you entered the store (in Paris Les Halles). I checked the racks and it was not Madonna only, there were Michael Jackson and Bowie bootlegs too. A friend bought one and apparently it's like sourced directly from Youtube !

Ho man. Mine was in champs élysées. How can big brand like them can end up with unofficial releases in their store. 

3 hours ago, Angelman60 said:

Ho man. Mine was in champs élysées. How can big brand like them can end up with unofficial releases in their store. 

I asked myself the same question. It shows how shitty the music business has become,  they don't even have people to check on the major stores in major places.

On 7/22/2022 at 10:27 AM, ma(x) said:

Bootlegs from the late 80s and especially in the 90s were quietly sold in record stores,and they were oversold because the material was not as available today on the internet.I physically bought the latest bootlegs in 2008/2009 for the Sticky And Sweet Tour then I stopped since in the end the material was the internet files in physical support. ( And anyway it's thanks to bootlegs that in the days without the internet many of us have been able to listen to many things,today just go to You Tube for example).The bootlegs of the 80's and 90's were certainly more beautiful on an aesthetic level than those that are produced today on a smaller scale.

If it weren't for audio bootlegs, bootleg DVDs or just for all the material we recorded on audio cassettes, on vhs we would have practically nothing.If we had to rely on official material it would have been a disaster.

Man, I miss all the live bootlegs. I never knew they existed until the internet/eBay and I went crazy collecting all the Blond Ambition recordings. Those were the days... 

this looks so bad. From the cover i thought i'd be Rebel Heart Tour DVD Rip or bootleg. When i saw the list :lol:
Most of songs have been released many many years ago on other bootlegs. I bed the quality of some songs must be horrible, recorded or ripped from youtube clips.

(speaking of sound quality: anyone has "Calendar Girl" vinyl bootleg? :lol: )

2 hours ago, dude78 said:

this looks so bad. From the cover i thought i'd be Rebel Heart Tour DVD Rip or bootleg. When i saw the list :lol:
Most of songs have been released many many years ago on other bootlegs. I bed the quality of some songs must be horrible, recorded or ripped from youtube clips.

(speaking of sound quality: anyone has "Calendar Girl" vinyl bootleg? :lol: )

I have Calendar Girl, and yes, sound quality is so rough.  But that was always (for me, anyways) part of the fun in collecting bootlegs.  I remember how excited I was when I got Sexual Exposure (Blonde Ambition from Wembley) which has pretty great sound quality (even tho her voice is pretty rough in places, lol) and A Girl in Paris (Girlie Show from France, which is crap quality sound wise, but the packaging is among my favorites of any bootleg).  My friend had a really nice 2 disc boot from the Who's That Girl tour that came in these really beautiful fold out digipacks with photos from her Rolling Stone shoot from 1991 (the one with the Carrie Fisher interview).  I can't remember the name of the CDs, but they were not too hard to find in the mid--late 90s.  As great as it is these days to have access to more or less everything she's ever done, I do miss the days of finding a super rare or cool looking bootleg CD or vinyl that you had no idea existed until you were actually holding it in your hands.  The surprise factor is gone from collecting, and it's kind of sad.