MATERIAL GWORLLLL (Saucy Santana and Madonna)

Roy

3 hours ago, truevirgin said:

Madonna, the one who gave us Borderline, Live To Tell, Papa don't Preach, Into The Groove, Like a Prayer, Secret, Frozen, Drowned World, Don't tell me...  And we are waiting for Material what. Very sad. 

I think it’s time for you to leave Madonna behind. Byeeee!

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She said in the variey interview "Shes just having fun finding new ways to bring her music to a new gen".  Itts worked for Elton john. Hes been chipping away at it for years and it worked very well leading up to the movie. I had 18 yr old family and girlfirnds stay with me last week.  They are love elton.

The cover is horrible, the song is meh, but unfortunately it's like the songs the new generation is listening now and she was clear she wants to push her catalog to young generation.  I think it could be a hit, if it's done well: a little promotion and a video. Who knows it works?

Just now, MDNA22 said:

The song is crap - seems like she is not interested in making songs for her fans but teenagers  - are they really going to be into a 63 year old's music even if it sounds the same as what they listen to? 

Putting out this sort of music is a million miles away from the brilliance of her music she made for the Ray of Light/Music/Confessions eras

5 minutes ago, MDNA22 said:

The song is crap - seems like she is not interested in making songs for her fans but teenagers  - are they really going to be into a 63 year old's music even if it sounds the same as what they listen to? 

I personally think that it is a great reinvention of the song, a mashup remix. It sounds fresh and it gives a nod to the original song.

And hey, she's having fun and that's what we want for her too. 😊

2 hours ago, Enrico said:

I like it, but I don't see the "legacy" aspect. What is left of the original song? Just the title? Is there any sample?

The only sample we can hear on the remix is that small warbled synth on the chorus, which is exactly the synth used at the beginning instrumental of the original song. 

The thing is, this is not only a reinvention of Madonna's song but also a reinvention of Saucy's song but this is primarily Saucy's song. Still, it is fun, it is fresh and it's Madonna and Saucy having fun with us. :D

On 7/30/2022 at 7:16 PM, Roy said:
The only sample we can hear on the remix is that small warbled synth on the chorus, which is exactly the synth used at the beginning instrumental of the original song. 
The thing is, this is not only a reinvention of Madonna's song but also a reinvention of Saucy's song but this is primarily Saucy's song. Still, it is fun, it is fresh and it's Madonna and Saucy having fun with us. :D

I appreciate your excitement but, with such little M in it, it comes across as her being opportunistic more than anything.

On 7/30/2022 at 9:13 PM, steady75 said:

If anyone can’t find the original version of Material Girl DM me and I’ll post the link to the original version for you to stream or you can get your fat asses up on your walkers and go dust of your old worn out 7 inches. 

Would you look at that… A body-shaming and ageist clap-back in defense of M. The irony.

You must’ve hopped on board during MDNA bringing all that wisdom with you.

4 hours ago, HampusFL said:

It is insane how much bitching someone not liking something creates on forums... are we turning into MadonnaNation :thinker::lol:

Especially it’s not even released yet! I don’t think we’ve heard the studio version? Maybe it has more Madonna than the live version. We still don’t know but yet there’s people complaining 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic