MATERIAL GWORLLLL (Saucy Santana and Madonna)

Roy

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Brendonshayart said:

OKAY...

I'm sorry for causing any confusion or upset!

I accidently "quoted" someone instead of leaving a separate comment..

Sorry I find navigating this website a bit hard! Totally new to forums so again, I apologise..

Just want to clarify that I didn't start a thread to "promote" myself, I did it to converse with other M fans and have fun, not trying to sell or promote anything :)

It's okay. It must be a misunderstanding so it's all good in here. :D

It's a time to be a material gworl once again. :Madonna054:

6 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

am i crazy or she has a filter on her face in the video preview ??! She looks different than on the live event, thinner face and heavier make up. 

I don't know but she still looks stunning regardless. 😊

I am just waiting for the video to drop.

3 hours ago, Brendonshayart said:

OKAY...

I'm sorry for causing any confusion or upset!

I accidently "quoted" someone instead of leaving a separate comment..

Sorry I find navigating this website a bit hard! Totally new to forums so again, I apologise..

Just want to clarify that I didn't start a thread to "promote" myself, I did it to converse with other M fans and have fun, not trying to sell or promote anything :)

Sure. Don't strain yourself navigating this forum's challenging user-interface.

And you only quote-replied at least a dozen times in the past in that thread you started...

You did mention adding products to your store in that thread, but what's wrong with promoting yourself?

3 hours ago, Vasili said:

And you only quote-replied at least a dozen times in the past in that thread you started...

You did mention adding products to your store in that thread, but what's wrong with promoting yourself?

3 hours ago, Vasili said:

It'd be handy to know the age of each member so that I knew what level of life experience I might be dealing with!

Can you, for the sake of the little dignity you have left, please give it a fucking rest? You were in the wrong, take the L and shut up.

7 hours ago, xrayeyes said:

Such a command of the English language.

Stay in school kids, stay in school...

Can someone explain to me the rapper obsession with name dropping brands and angrily talking about money and things. I know the song is about Material things but...it's all they seem to talk about.

Try researching the history of hip hop music and culture. It originated in the ghettos then eventually broke into the mainstream but by the late 90’s and 2000’s the theme of “bling” and wealth, wearing suits etc became a common theme in the genre. I think it’s less a superficial fixation and more about empowerment for marginalized groups.

36 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Try researching the history of hip hop music and culture. It originated in the ghettos then eventually broke into the mainstream but by the late 90’s and 2000’s the theme of “bling” and wealth, wearing suits etc became a common theme in the genre. I think it’s less a superficial fixation and more about empowerment for marginalized groups.

:clapp::clapp::clapp:

46 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

What's marginalised about wealthy famous rappers? And how is it empowering by encouraging young people to obsess with transient material goods? Shouldn't they be empowering through education and family values? Just a thought.

15 minutes ago, GhostOrchid said:

So this Material Gworrlllllll and the original Material Girl are like Forbidden Love (2005) and Forbidden Love (1994)

But these technically don't even share the same title, with all these LLLLLLLLLLLs.

Do you consider this to be a separate song or a rework/remix like Frozen?

It's a remix for both Madonna's song and Saucy's song, both sharing the same name.

Forbidden Love 1994 and 2005 are of the different kind but both amazing songs. 😊

1 hour ago, xrayeyes said:

What's marginalised about wealthy famous rappers? And how is it empowering by encouraging young people to obsess with transient material goods? Shouldn't they be empowering through education and family values?

They are marginalized because of a little thing called white supremacy. These themes evolved in hip hop culture over decades. It has nothing to do with the current wealth or status of the person. I’m not saying I agree with the materialistic obsession or that it’s a good thing, I was answering the question of why I think its so prevalent in hip hop. But to be fair it is prevalent in Western culture full stop. As is the obsession with fame, beauty, youth etc. So to attribute it “these rappers” is a bit off the mark I think.

34 minutes ago, Prayer said:

"Material girl - Material world"

That's lifted straight from the original, and that's why the two original writers of "Material Girl" are credited.

Yes but does that mean that Hung Up is a rework of Love Song? And that Girl Gone Wild is a rework of Act of Contrition?

Those are literally 3 words that could have been found in any song. No similarities whatsoever in lyrics, music or melody.

5 hours ago, Vasili said:

just chill and let it be. it seems you are misinterpreting things and picking a fight for no reason. why not just take their word for it? they clarified. mistakes happen. move on.

Just now, GhostOrchid said:

Yes but does that mean that Hung Up is a rework of Love Song? And that Girl Gone Wild is a rework of Act of Contrition?

The only difference is she also wrote "Love Song" and "Act Of Contrition" so who's gonna sue her? Herself?

Maybe it sounds silly, but everyone is credited nowadays to avoid any possible future drama. That's why songs with samples or interpolations have so many writers on the credits.

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

The only difference is she also wrote "Love Song" and "Act Of Contrition" so who's gonna sue her? Herself?

Maybe it sounds silly, but everyone is credited nowadays to avoid any possible future drama. That's why songs with samples or interpolations have so many writers on the credits.

Yeah I get that and that's okay. But I'm just wondering how is this song categorized not taking into consideration the legal stuff -and using, like, common sense. 

Also credit for Act of Contrition goes to the Catholic church :laughing:

13 minutes ago, GhostOrchid said:

Yeah I get that and that's okay. But I'm just wondering how is this song categorized not taking into consideration the legal stuff -and using, like, common sense. 

Also credit for Act of Contrition goes to the Catholic church :laughing:

It’s to cover her ass but also it’s the respectful thing since this Material Gwurrlll song wouldn’t exist without MG.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic