MATERIAL GWORLLLL (Saucy Santana and Madonna)

Roy

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Prayer said:

The melody and her vocal delivery on this part:

A material girl is not tasteless
A material girl is my favorite

It's 100% pure Madonna and it should be celebrated more. But hey, to each their own.

The song is 489.193 streams now on Spotify, while the Lyric Video is +100k on YouTube.

I think the whole chorus sounds great.  The beginning where she does her solo verse/rap is nice but once that chorus kicks in, it's gold! 

37 minutes ago, moloko said:

Poor material gworlll, flopped quicker than a ray of light

I dont think it was meant to be a smash hit , some fans wanted it she gave it them - material gworrl is a old song and saucy santana has another new song he is promoting ! She didnt even mention it in the interview on jimmy ! Sad that we celebrate her flopping and make fun of it ! What kind of fan does that to a artist they claim to be fans of ? To be fair break my soul queens remix is doing poorly too so while youre at it celebrate that too 

Edited by Madge (see edit history)

24 minutes ago, Madge said:

I dont think it was meant to be a smash hit , some fans wanted it she gave it them - material gworrl is a old song and saucy santana has another new song he is promoting ! She didnt even mention it in the interview on jimmy ! Sad that we celebrate her flopping and make fun of it ! What kind of fan does that to a artist they claim to be fans of ? To be fair break my soul queens remix is doing poorly too so while youre at it celebrate that too 

Material Gworll is not an "old song".  It's actually new.  It stems from Saucy's version, but the production and song is totally new.  It's not even a remix of Madonna's original Material Girl. 

As for your point about 'celebrating' a flop, I agree with you.  I don't get that either, but at the same time, not everyone posting things like that are being that serious.  But may I offer you some friendly advice?  You might just want to consider picking your battles from this point on, because you can't let everything trigger you when someone says something negative of Madonna. Those sort of people always pop up anyway, no matter where you talk about Madonna.  Besides, it's best not to give them any attention because it only feeds them more.  If you're worried about the constant negativity, why not set the example and just continue sharing your appreciation for her?  Commenting on someone who is always negative, only gives them the floor more.  Ignore those who are obsessively negative, yet be open to others who may have an alternate opinion of her even if it's not always positive.  :smile:

20 minutes ago, Ch3rish said:

Material Gworll is not an "old song".  It's actually new.  It stems from Saucy's version, but the production and song is totally new.  It's not even a remix of Madonna's original Material Girl. 

As for your point about 'celebrating' a flop, I agree with you.  I don't get that either, but at the same time, not everyone posting things like that are being that serious.  But may I offer you some friendly advice?  You might just want to consider picking your battles from this point on, because you can't let everything trigger you when someone says something negative of Madonna. Those sort of people always pop up anyway, no matter where you talk about Madonna.  Besides, it's best not to give them any attention because it only feeds them more.  If you're worried about the constant negativity, why not set the example and just continue sharing your appreciation for her?  Commenting on someone who is always negative, only gives them the floor more.  Ignore those who are obsessively negative, yet be open to others who may have an alternate opinion of her even if it's not always positive.  :smile:

The song and his rap is years old i think two or three years old ! It trended ! Remix was late to take advantage or that trend but i dont think she ever meant for it to be released when it was recorded ! Oh well we wont be getting the hung up remix now ! 

Edited by Madge (see edit history)

7 minutes ago, Ch3rish said:

I just block them put them on ignore ! I cbs with the negative shit ! It prevents me enjoying her work when i just read so much negativity 

2 minutes ago, Madge said:

The song and his rap is years old i think two or three years old ! It trended ! Remix was late to take advantage or that trend but i dont think she ever meant for it to be released when it was recorded

The song Material Gworlll is new.  It is based off of Saucy's 2019 Material Girl.  I can see why some may call it a remix, since it uses parts of the rap lyrics, but the production, music and Madonna's part is all new.  We're pretty much saying the same thing, but obviously we have a different opinion of it being "old" or "new".  I see it as a "new" song for Madonna.  I don't believe she was expecting it to be a hit song either.  Just a side project for fun.  

11 minutes ago, Ch3rish said:

I just block them put them on ignore ! I cbs with the negative shit ! It prevents me enjoying her work when i just read so much negativity 

On 8/10/2022 at 3:08 PM, Prayer said:

The melody and her vocal delivery on this part:

A material girl is not tasteless
A material girl is my favorite

It's 100% pure Madonna and it should be celebrated more. But hey, to each their own.

The song is 489.193 streams now on Spotify, while the Lyric Video is +100k on YouTube.

you cant miss this Lucky star!

• 4 weeks later...

I think the problem with releasing the full video for Material Gworll is that Madonna only sings the first 30 seconds but then the limelight is almost criminally stolen by Saucy who, as we all know, sings almost 90% of the song and that's why that Madonna ends up being relegated and going into the background accompanying the dancers until the end of the song.

That is why I think that if they released the full video, most of the shots would be in favor of Saucy, something that I don't think Madonna likes because her leading role would end up being severely crushed by Saucy when the ideal should have been for both to have equal participation in the song.

A possible solution would be that throughout Saucy's participation various scenes of Madonna throughout her career were shown alternated with images of Madonna during Pride in order to maintain her presence throughout the entire video and thus not lose those beautiful scenes that were shown in the preview of the song and that we are all still waiting for a full version that will never arrive, perhaps for the reasons stated earlier in this post.

3 minutes ago, DjKingBee said:

I love the track. And so does my 6 yr old I thinks it’s a mood track - and am I the only one who thinks she sounds country at the beginning verse 

I just love fancy shit 

She does have a little bit of a twang on her voice at the beginning, yeah. :D

Also, I fear this song is going to outstream IDSIF (Honey Dijon remix) on my Spotify charts after the latter has been reigning on top for two years. :hyper:

• 1 month later...