MATERIAL GWORLLLL (Saucy Santana and Madonna)

Roy

In case anyone needs a refresher in what M has been giving us for Singles Artwork for the past 20 years. I don't think it's fair to criticize the recent singles artwork without taking into consideration that she really hasn't used specific photoshoots for Singles Artworks since MUSIC (the album) with a few exceptions, like Hollywood and Give Me All Your Luvin'. 

Madonna_-_American_Life_(single).pngMadonna_-_Love_Profusion.pngd8a461a500434663c6b9aa3c96bd6ea9.jpgMadonna_-_Get_Together.pngMadonna_-_Jump_(single).png719UbZjDx5L._SS500_.jpg

Madonna_-_Give_it_2_Me.pngMadonna_-_Miles_Away_(single).png

220px-Madonna_Celebration_(Single).pngNS5qcGVn.jpeg

Living_for_Love_Remixes_cover.png

Madonna_-_Ghosttown.pngMadonna_-_Bitch_I'm_Madonna.png

220px-Madonna_&_Quavo_-_Future.png   Madonna_-_I_Rise_(single).png

Madonna_-_I_Don't_Search_I_Find_remixes.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 minutes ago, Andymad said:

Gosh I remember when the Die Another Day single came out, I was so obsessed.  You can faintly see her "Madonna mole" and I thought OMG SHES BACK lol

I actually love that photoshoot so much. So futuristic with he hair, and the nips are out, and she's giving power suit realness. 

Ad-Rock Reaction GIF by Beastie Boys

28 minutes ago, Ayham said:

Just those 3 SUCKS!!! I mean Jump was a lazy last minute work… at least they could use the back picture??? BIM… GOD… what was she’s thinking?!!

I remember before Jump's artwork was shown a Madonna news site (maybe drownedmadonna?) said that Bianco was not doing the artwork but that it was going to be beautiful. Then...we got that and it was in fact done by Bianco so who knows if it was in fact last minute.

5 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

In case anyone needs a refresher in what M has been giving us for Singles Artwork for the past 20 years. I don't think it's fair to criticize the recent singles artwork without taking into consideration that she really hasn't used specific photoshoots for Singles Artworks since MUSIC (the album) with a few exceptions, like Hollywood and Give Me All Your Luvin'. 

Madonna_-_American_Life_(single).pngMadonna_-_Love_Profusion.pngd8a461a500434663c6b9aa3c96bd6ea9.jpgMadonna_-_Get_Together.pngMadonna_-_Jump_(single).png719UbZjDx5L._SS500_.jpg

Girl Gone Wild was a great cover.... but point taken.  

12 hours ago, Alpha said:

I remember before Jump's artwork was shown a Madonna news site (maybe drownedmadonna?) said that Bianco was not doing the artwork but that it was going to be beautiful. Then...we got that and it was in fact done by Bianco so who knows if it was in fact last minute.

It looked like that coz of the ugly illustration… would be much better with a real pic of her…

6 minutes ago, vadge said:

The artwork is absolute trash. What the f*ck is that font? 

I just pray she keeps the bootleg fanmade artwork for the Finally Enough Love era, and returns to talented graphic designers for important releases. 

Like, not only is it ridiculous for her to be employing whatever unskilled fans she finds on Instagram, but is it so hard for the fans to come up with something good?

Maybe coz the song is already a trash quality so that font suits perfectly!  

14 hours ago, Ayham said:

Just those 3 SUCKS!!! I mean Jump was a lazy last minute work… at least they could use the back picture??? BIM… GOD… what was she’s thinking?!!

You gotta thank @Aldo for the atrocities of the Rebel Heart era. Sorry, bro but your art sucks. Please do us all a favour and hand the job over to someone professional! 😅

18 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

Fun fact: The picture used on the cover for “Sorry” was taken by a fan at one of her promo tour performances. I couldn’t believe it at first because it looks like a professionally taken photograph.

46 minutes ago, Askeroff said:

I'm talking about covers that was made 15-20 years ago, and which is judged by modern standards.
and yes,  almost all ha recent covers since 2015 are ugly af :hallwaylaugh:

I've been using Photoshop since the late 90s. It's really not that much off a jump to make something creative. 

Maybe style has changed and I am really not in the know anymore, but what strikes me most is the lack of balance and refinement in the design, I mean the fonts and the sizing and placement is sooo off since MDNA. The back cover for FEL is a new low, everything is out of balance and nothing makes sense with the cover of the 1 disc edition. The cover for this too is awful, is it really that much more work to actually handwrite the names and title and scan them in? This font is a choice lol

• Enrico unfeatured this topic