MEGARATE: Rebel Heart era [Results Show - Recap on first page]

Curtains

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First to vote guyzzz :cute:

In a day where she speaks about touring and finding ways to take her catalogue to younger people and NO HINTS OF NEW STUDIO WORKS, let's give some love to that unlucky (how many weird things happened during the release of this record) and uncertain attempt that Rebel Heart was, still courageous and passionate.

• Enrico featured this topic

I agree with @stefo it's an an unlucky album but full of great songwriting.

It was hard to vote because for many songs the demos are better than the final version. So, for instance, i had to give lower marks to Joan of Arc and Beautiful scars, I would have given 9 to both demos!

Only three songs are under 6/10 imo. No 0 this time.

1 hour ago, Enrico said:

I agree with @stefo it's an an unlucky album but full of great songwriting.

It was hard to vote because for many songs the demos are better than the final version. So, for instance, i had to give lower marks to Joan of Arc and Beautiful scars, I would have given 9 to both demos!

Only three songs are under 6/10 imo. No 0 this time.

No 0? Not even Auto-Tune Baby? :)

I remember this era soooo well… the leaks… & the fact that I was lucky enough to hear some of the demos wayyyy before the leak. 😎 good old days… I literally have ALL the demos somewhere & yes some are NOT leaked yet. 
we should do another one only for the demos. For example I personally prefer Devil Pray (demo) over the final one same with title track & Illuminati. 

7 minutes ago, Ayham said:

I remember this era soooo well… the leaks… & the fact that I was lucky enough to hear some of the demos wayyyy before the leak. 😎 good old days… I literally have ALL the demos somewhere & yes some are NOT leaked yet. 
we should do another one only for the demos. For example I personally prefer Devil Pray (demo) over the final one same with title track & Illuminati. 

I still think about the demo version of Joan of Arc and Living for Love, even though I love their final versions.

8 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Tell what you want about M's recent works, but Revel Heart is a true gem in her catalogue. It's got indeed too many songs, it's true, but it has some of her very best songwriting and concept, and it was going to be a much more elaborate and polish project if it wasn't for the leaks. 

Rebel Heart is a bop machine. The 19-track deluxe album and the super deluxe album just makes the experience the better. :D

Voted! This is probably my least favorite album of hers but I commend her for carrying on despite the leaks. It sucks that her artistic vision could not be materialized but there was surely an amazing album among those demos.

P.S Not including the "Rebel Heart" title track on the standard edition remains a questionable choice.

4PlN.gif

• Curtains changed the title to MEGARATE: Rebel Heart era [Results Show - Recap on first page]
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic