MEGARATE: Rebel Heart era [Results Show - Recap on first page]

Curtains

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Ayham said:

I remember this era soooo well… the leaks… & the fact that I was lucky enough to hear some of the demos wayyyy before the leak. 😎 good old days… I literally have ALL the demos somewhere & yes some are NOT leaked yet. 
we should do another one only for the demos. For example I personally prefer Devil Pray (demo) over the final one same with title track & Illuminati. 

Curious about these unleaked demos... As for the megarates, there will be one for the unreleased tracks at least :) 

3 minutes ago, rescueme said:

Can't we do a music videos megarate after that... ;)

Possibly, it was suggested indeed. Unreleased tracks are planned first as 4 different rounds and I was thinking of doing one for Finally Enough Love as a bonus one possibly if people want that.

A dream........

A reissue with a different tracklist some songs removed for the benefit of others and lots of bonus tracks .....all with a clean production ranging from acoustic to punchier

Alone With You
God Is Love
Heaven
Never Let You Go
Nothing Lasts Forever
Queen
Tragic Girl

:heart: A dream

Voted!

It was nice listening to this record again as I have never revisited it or the demos after, this was closest to hearing the record fresh and could appreciate some tracks more because I wasn't missing the superior demo. Still it remains a cluncky album with way too many songs and not enough memorable ones. I'm dreading that the number one y'all choose is my weakest song lol.

I must say it was very hard to vote given all the versions I love from the sessions...  and it still upsets me that they aren't officially part of this era. Great songs and alternative mixes that never were...

Rebel Heart has so many different vibes in all its iterations and history. These leaks hold a very special place in my memory and experience as a music listener, as a fan and as a professional . Excitement, awe, frustration and empathy.

I hope M knows a little bit of that.

Voted!

The creative sessions  were so fruitful, sooo many great tracks...including the amazing ones that were left out. 

Pity that the leaks, questionable choices in track selection, capegate and personal issues plagued this era...because the potential for greatness was all there  (somehow I see it all reflected in the Rebel Heart tour, which to me is her weakest and least imaginative)

• Curtains changed the title to MEGARATE: Rebel Heart era [Results Show - Recap on first page]
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic