MEGARATE: Rebel Heart era [Results Show - Recap on first page]

Curtains

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 7/31/2022 at 11:46 AM, Tony Fortin said:

Voting Election Day GIF by INTO ACTION

Compared to the demos some songs hurt the ears.........what a waste......for the tenth anniversary....add and delete titles.....new production... . .bye bye vocoder......there you go:blackheart:

Rebel Heart is tragic in many ways, it could have been one of her best albums:suffer:

I played the full album after almost 6 years! What a beautiful work, the variety is crazy!!! I just love her pure voice in most of the tracks! I gave ALOT of 10s however no 11 on this album, you know why? Because almost every single track is good & nothing stands out from the rest… all good! 😌👏🏼

p.s. there is a “zero” 🤣

On 7/28/2022 at 4:00 PM, Karma said:

Not including the "Rebel Heart" title track on the standard edition remains a questionable choice.

It was probably something personal why she wanted to erase Avicii from the album. Or, she probably read the many comments complaining that it sounded more like an Avicii song than a Madonna song.

Undoubtedly, his remix of Rebel Heart would have been a far better choice as the first single than Living For Love. Even his remix of Wash All Over Me would have been a better choice. The final studio production of Living For Love just didn't work, even though the song had so much potential.

1 hour ago, Levon said:

It was probably something personal why she wanted to erase Avicii from the album. Or, she probably read the many comments complaining that it sounded more like an Avicii song than a Madonna song.

Undoubtedly, his remix of Rebel Heart would have been a far better choice as the first single than Living For Love. Even his remix of Wash All Over Me would have been a better choice. The final studio production of Living For Love just didn't work, even though the song had so much potential.

agree, it's obvious that they try to eliminate the Avicii sound at some point of the process, but the songs do sound better with his signiture production. hope these orginal mixes could be released with reissue or at least leak someday with the mastered quality

4 hours ago, Levon said:

That and the fact that Avicii was sick and couldn't finish the songs probably didn't help either...

Rebel Heart meant for me the reconciliation and recovery of my admiration for Madonna after the disappointment suffered because of Mdna. I have to be honest and admit that my fanaticism in a certain way cracked after Madonna released an album as ugly as Mdna and that is why I decided to "disconnect" from everything. That is why I did not know anything about what happened prior to the release of this wonderful album such as the leaks of the songs, the demos, the rumors about the double album, etc.

It wasn't until I accidentally saw her sing Devil Pray and Ghosttown live on YouTube that my fanaticism was reborn again, I was surprised by the quality of these songs and the feeling with which she sang them: the Madonna that I liked so much had returned after to be lost and disappeared for years. With some fear and suspicion I decided to listen to the entire album and discovered more gems like Illuminati, Holy Water and Autotune Baby, making this album one of my top 5.

I've definitely learned my lesson: we shouldn't let a small mistake affect our long-standing fanaticism towards Madonna. We all make mistakes in this world and the easiest thing is to criticize or censor but the challenge is knowing how to forgive and give second chances and turn the page. Although I have to admit that these latest releases are once again testing my fanaticism towards Madonna, but I am confident that I will succeed in this new internal struggle. If I did it before I can do it again now.

I finally voted. It was quite an experience going through this album again. Songs I initially loved have lost their appeal and some songs I used to dislike I find quite charming now. Not the mess that MDNA was, but still a rather uneven album. 24 songs really is a lot to go through and I think less would have been more. My votes are based on the official release, not on the demos despite some demos being quite good. As usual very much looking forward to the results!

• Curtains changed the title to MEGARATE: Rebel Heart era [Results Show - Recap on first page]
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic