Jump to content

MEGARATE: Rebel Heart era [Results Show - Recap on first page]


Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Enrico said:

I think this is the actual situation:

 

I always felt that she had set in her mind that her working career would be 40 years - which is a standard that has influenced her growing up I guess being a middle class child, where you work for 40 years, and then you retire.  Even during promoting Madame X she always talked about coming full circle and I always felt that in 2022 she would wrap up. But that being said, I don't expect her retirement to be an ordinary one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Curtains said:

#17 – Bitch I’m Madonna

axSUnKY.jpg

- Average Rate : 6,30 / 10

- Highest Rate : 11 ( @zephyr in the sky at night )

- Lowest Rate : 0 ( @Nowheretohide )

OMG THIS SHOCKS ME! 😭 I know a lot of people don’t like it, but I thought SOME did! It’s the only song that charted at all, it’s got a great video, had a bit of online success, and the only song in the last decade that my straight male friends are aware of. Aww, I love, bummed to see it so low…

F407FBD0-1523-407D-8663-D15D0DCA5A69.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

very messy rating my friends, as expected the horrible ghosttown was rated highest, which I really don't understand. It's such a non Madonna track, no good melody in the pre chorus and that mega bland power chorus is soooooo cringe. Give me Heartbreakcity any day over that bought drek. Unlike most of you who are losing faith in Madonna I'm losing faith in y'all ;-) just kidding of course. I rated Madame X the same day as I did this one and for the first time I will use the 11 and 0 button, cos if y'all love ghosttown you probably also live for LFM

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, Curtains said:

#3 – Rebel Heart

mlzQiGl.png

- Average Rate : 8,05 / 10

- Highest Rate : 11 ( @stefo, @Enrico, @Karma, @poodle, @desperateK )

- Lowest Rate : 0 ( @MPowered, @mikenmark )

I'd like to mention that I gave the Avicii demo version of Rebel Heart an 11. The Dipshit version would've gotten a five at most.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, Andreo said:

Still shocked on how people can hate the beautiful final version of Rebel Heart and prefer the super dated and saturated Avicii Version. Genuinely perplessed, not discrediting him or else. 

Dipshit/Diplo version is the lame soccer mum watered down type. Avicii's demos were superior.
 

Edit: When the RH demos first leaked I was over the moon, excited, super hyped. :heart: Loved almost all of them at their unfinished form. The finished album was a letdown. Like a fuck you from a soccer mum. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, poodle said:

Dipshit/Diplo version is the lame soccer mum watered down type. Avicii's demos were superior.
 

Edit: When the RH demos first leaked I was over the moon, excited, super hyped. :heart: Loved almost all of them at their unfinished form. The finished album was a letdown. Like a fuck you from a soccer mum. 

It really was a case of I'm going to change things for the sake of it, I can understand why she felt that way but it's a shame she did

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, theglamorous said:

It really was a case of I'm going to change things for the sake of it, I can understand why she felt that way but it's a shame she did

"I feel like I was *deeply violated* as an artist." I did sniggle at her reaction, but we fans did get a lot from the leak. :smile: Like suckling the finest cream from her nipples. :lol: Loved every single moment of it. Thank you, Mama Madge.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/12/2022 at 2:02 PM, Curtains said:

#24 – Auto-Tune Baby

haE5GLB.png

- Average Rate : 2,93 / 10

- Highest Rate : 10 ( @chaosmen1984mk )

- Lowest Rate : 0 ( @Rebel Hugo, @Levon, @HC Charge, @EgoRod, @Jet, @TOpher, @musicinferno, @MattyMads, @PlayPause, @Drum Dub, @migsou, @Ayham, @bitchimmadonna, @desperateK, @Ch3rish, @spinningaround )

The experimental Madonna who left everyone amazed in 1998 with a wonderful album like Ray of Light and who after that, unfortunately, dedicated herself to repeating or imitating trends, now returns with Autotune Baby, a song that surprises by mixing the sound of the crying of a baby with electronic sounds creating a piece of music that shines for its originality.

And it is not about mixing these sounds for no apparent reason, because we discover the reason in the lyrics of the song where Madonna tells us about an affair she has with someone much older than her, let's say about 30 years older, and that due to the age difference between them these games are produced where Madonna assumes the personality of a capricious girl who seeks her father's attention impersonating it in her older boyfriend, ambiguity clearly highlighted in the final part of the song.

What a pity that this song has such a low score because it cannot be denied that it is original and innovative. Moreover, this song seems much better to me than any song of these genres that are so popular today and that dominate the first places on the charts but that I personally would never dare to listen to at high volume simply because I would be embarrassed that people would think that I agree with the vulgar and immoral messages that most of them spread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/12/2022 at 2:43 PM, Curtains said:

#16 – Illuminati

IGIwPC2.png

- Average Rate : 6,37 / 10

- Highest Rate : 11 ( @Unruhe, @chaosmen1984mk )

- Lowest Rate : 0 ( @Karma, @Fontainebleau )

What does God offer us, an eternal and boring life in a place called Paradise where everyone will live happily for all eternity until there comes a time when fed up with this eternal life they will surely seek to end their lives or blaspheme against God so that he leads them to hell where they will surely have a much better time, is what Madonna seems to question with this song where she makes fun of the media fame that the media have made her by calling her "the Queen of the illuminati", a conspiracy story that emerged who knows where but that definitely Madonna aware of this made this funny song to make fun of these conspiracy theorists or maybe prove them right.

The best song on the album, I gave it the highest score without hesitation. How I regret that Madonna didn't release it as a single or that she sang it on tour performing the choreography with her dancers in one of the funniest and most daring moments of the show. Fortunately, this gem did not fall into Avicii's hands because perhaps it would have been turned into one more of his generic works where everything seems to be artificial and synthetic remixes devoid of emotions

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey gang, sorry I'm late to the party. Lots of surprises here. BIM so low?? wtf. Sure the song is technically bad but it's a great concept and I like the remixes. Glad Ghostown won though. 

I'm proud to be one of the one's responsible for making Best Night so high. Yeah it's 2022 and I still listen to it on loop at work lol I saved my 11 for it.

Thanks again @Curtains. See everyone in the MX thread.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/13/2022 at 12:49 PM, GhostOrchid said:

I always felt that she had set in her mind that her working career would be 40 years - which is a standard that has influenced her growing up I guess being a middle class child, where you work for 40 years, and then you retire.  Even during promoting Madame X she always talked about coming full circle and I always felt that in 2022 she would wrap up. But that being said, I don't expect her retirement to be an ordinary one.

She absolutely wont retire lol 

we prob wont get a new album for a very long time id say round the time of her biopic release because well she is not obliged to make one anymore because she has not got that kind of recording contract and just because she does not record new albums does not mean she is retired so calm down :) we prob will see more random releases from her ! She would hate the thought of being a legacy artist so much ! Im suprised fans think this is how she feels ! She will still be a artist just not so much a musical one because she has no recording or touring contract anymore ! She is free and i bet she likes how that feels 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/14/2022 at 9:35 PM, Banned said:

She absolutely wont retire lol 

we prob wont get a new album for a very long time id say round the time of her biopic release because well she is not obliged to make one anymore because she has not got that kind of recording contract and just because she does not record new albums does not mean she is retired so calm down :) we prob will see more random releases from her ! She would hate the thought of being a legacy artist so much ! Im suprised fans think this is how she feels ! She will still be a artist just not so much a musical one because she has no recording or touring contract anymore ! She is free and i bet she likes how that feels 

Which is exactly what I said if you read carefully.

I meant her "day job" is probably over, which means being in that endless cycle of recording-promoting-recording-promoting, dictated and timed by someone else. To quote myself: "that being said, I don't expect her retirement to be an ordinary one." Which means I don't think she'll just lay there and die by the year's end. 

Don't know who needs to calm down and not be so defensive, geez :bananawave:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Write here...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share


×
×
  • Create New...