Madonna : "I want to go back on tour" - Will she? Can she?

NYC theater residency. She gets to be at home with her kids and get as much rest as possible. She can switch up setlist. Bring in guests. Let everyone else do Vegas. She gets the Big Apple.

I know everyone is going to say they want a typical world tour with stadiums and that's fine, but I also don't want her to fall apart.

7 minutes ago, rescueme said:

If people want to pay through the nose to watch Madonna stand still and mime then hell yeah she can go on tour again. I'm sure the dvd will look and sound great though.

The Madame X Tour Film is a step up from MDNA Tour and RHT films so I am confident that it will look amazing if it is professionally filmed. :D

2 hours ago, Roy said:

The Madame X Tour Film is a step up from MDNA Tour and RHT films so I am confident that it will look amazing if it is professionally filmed. :D

I would be happy if she did a special one-off live-esque show straight to Netflix or whatever. Cover the hits, edit the life out of it but at least it won't kill or humiliate her in the process.

1 minute ago, rescueme said:

I would be happy if she did a special one-off live-esque show straight to Netflix or whatever. Cover the hits, edit the life out of it but at least it won't kill or humiliate her in the process.

Like a small live session in a club or in a theater where she dances a little then chills with the audience.

If that's the case, she better perform Bad Girl or I will hijack the hell out of her performance by turning off the live vocoder. :laughing:

reading these comments it seems some people still need to face reality. She is old now. It will never be the same, no matter how much effort she puts into creating the next tour. By the time she hits that stage again she’ll be 66 or 67. That body that was used and abused to entertain the world for 4+ decades is done. No matter how young she’s trying to present herself on social media. 

It just is what it is. Nature’s law. I wish she would just focus on delivering decent vocals and take it easy on stage. She’s done it all.

Also, one can't compare her to Cher. Cher has not used her body like an olympic athlete on tour for decades. Madonna's body is way more worn down. Just a fact.

She could easily do another tour, I do think however that it will more of a limited affair. I could see her doing the same as Lady Gaga has with her latest tour, and just doing a few stadium dates next year to celebrate the 40th anniversary. Once “Finally Enough Love” has been released and a couple of the reissued albums, if they were to hype up the tour as celebrating her 40 years in the business, I think she would sell out easily! Maybe an itinerary such as this; 

July/August 2023 - 

London 

Paris 

Barcelona 

Rome 

New York 

Toronto 

Chicago

Miami

San Francisco

Los Angeles 

I think blaming all her onstage issues on age is overplayed, 63 is not even that old as far as legends performing on stage go. I saw Cher in Vegas in 2017 and she was amazing, I saw Dolly Parton a few years later and it was also amazing, recently Paul Mccartney put on one of the greatest shows in the history of Glastonbury at the age of 80. The problem is not her age, was it age that caused her to be humiliated at Eurovision? so stop with the bullshit of every time she gives a shitty performance just putting it down to "she's old" as long as she structures the show in a way that plays to her strengths and is not an hour late for concerts then things will be fine. She needs to adapt the way she performs if she wants to embark on another tour, her body cant handle what she put herself through on Madame X again and she will need to add some more hits into the setlist, the last thing she needs is to further lower her touring credibility.  

4 hours ago, RyanUK said:

She could easily do another tour, I do think however that it will more of a limited affair. I could see her doing the same as Lady Gaga has with her latest tour, and just doing a few stadium dates next year to celebrate the 40th anniversary. Once “Finally Enough Love” has been released and a couple of the reissued albums, if they were to hype up the tour as celebrating her 40 years in the business, I think she would sell out easily! Maybe an itinerary such as this; 

July/August 2023 - 

London 

Paris 

Barcelona 

Rome 

New York 

Toronto 

Chicago

Miami

San Francisco

Los Angeles 

And Australia :p

she will tour 

have you ever seen her defeated?

she will be with her new body new boobs and ass

she will get in shape so she can move easier(ly)

you guys are here for a while now

you should know nothing stops her.

[when the lights go down and theres no one left.....

I CAN GO ON] 

Love You Heart GIF

I do think that Madonna has enough capacity to go on tour again, I'm not going to offend her by saying that she can't move anymore as if she were a poor invalid in a wheelchair unable to perform a complete choreography. Hasn't she proven otherwise in the last Pride? Medellin was just an unfortunate anecdote. And I'm not going to compare her with other singers like Cher or Janet Jackson who are her contemporaries because they don't interest me in the least. Here the theme is Madonna and I know that she is not going to disappoint us, I have faith in her

I would like her to go to countries where the public receives her as she deserves, where she feels loved and adored. Latin America, Asia and Australia are some examples since in those places the public literally screams until they lose their voice for her, unlike other places in the world where the public looks like a bunch of mannequins or dissected people who do not show any expression. By the way, that reminded me of the confessions tour DVD where I think Madonna should have chosen a better place to film it since the public left a lot to be desired, literally colder than the ice of Antarctica.

3 hours ago, vadge said:

I'm with you but at the same time, Tina Turner and Cher managed to be touring forces in their 60s and 70s. Being old and less capable isn't really the problem, it's the way Madonna (so far) hasn't found a way to evolve her staging and choreography to play with her current strengths. Instead her recent performances seem to expose on her weaknesses, although Pride 2022 could've been the first step.

Tina Turner was more about general stamina than intense choreography and gymnastics like Madonna, and Cher has always done the bare minimum - but their shows played to those strengths. To the point that there are people who genuinely believe Cher is a better performer than Madonna now. It's all about the narrative that is portrayed.

Madonna could very easily perform a typical Cher show, comprised of light skipping and being carried around the stage by dancers. Her days are far from over, it's just about how she wants to play it.

I hear ya but also Cher and Tina could still deliver vocals, that was and is their strength. And again, they didn't go as hard on their bodies like Madonna has on all her tours. Cher and Tina are not, never were, dancers. There's a reason why dancers retire early :)

I wish Madonna would focus on her voice and playing instruments. I know she's mainly a showgirl-entertainer-dancer but I would love her her to morph into full musician mode at this stage in her life. 

Good Lord she can easily tour. She’s just getting back to good health again after an awful two years. 
She’s Madonna. 
The most fun parts of the rebel heart tour were when she was engaging with the audience rather than  concentrating on listening to choreo from her earpiece.

Body Shop / True Blue / Deeper & Deeper level of dancing is well within her wheelhouse. I don’t need her upside down on a cross jumping from bungees. She needs an old Hollywood style choreographer and stage designer where she is the centrepiece and the set and works move around her. 

16 minutes ago, Pootz333 said:

In the next few years, it wouldn't surprise me if she became a Grandmother. Sylvio will probably outlive all of us but I worry about that too. We are at a very interesting point that's for sure.

Which of her kids is going to have children? Lourdes doesn’t strike me as the least bit maternal or interested in kids? 

It was unclear from the interview whether she would tour as a greatest hits without new material or whether she would tour with a new album. 
Maybe that will be clarified with the Instagram Q&A. 
Ideally she would tour with the movie soundtrack with mostly older hits but a few new songs to promote the movie, but the movie seems to be taking a very long time. 

On 8/2/2022 at 8:54 PM, Pootz333 said:

NYC theater residency. She gets to be at home with her kids and get as much rest as possible. She can switch up setlist. Bring in guests. Let everyone else do Vegas. She gets the Big Apple.

I know everyone is going to say they want a typical world tour with stadiums and that's fine, but I also don't want her to fall apart.

A theater residency would be harder since there would be a lot of dates in a row. 
A stadium tour would actually be easier because you only do one date in each city with days off in between. 
That’s what Lady Gaga is doing with her health issues.