Which ReIssue Box Set Do You Want First?

RUADJAI

Which ReIssue Box Set Do You Want First?  

119 members voted

1. 1. Which One YOU WANT First?

• Madonna
    • Like a Virgin
    • True Blue
    • Like a Prayer
    • Erotica
    • Bedtime Stories
    • Ray of Light
    • Music
    • American Life
    • Confessions on a Dance Floor
    • Hard Candy
    • MDNA
    • Rebel Heart
    • Madame X
  2. 2. Which One We GONNA GET First?

• Madonna
    • Like a Virgin
    • True Blue
    • Like a Prayer
    • Erotica
    • Bedtime Stories
    • Ray of Light
    • Music
    • American Life
    • Confessions on a Dance Floor
    • Hard Candy
    • MDNA
    • Rebel Heart
    • Madame X

I chose American Life... I'd really like her to comment on each track and give a little insight to them. Like, who the "baby" is in Intervention. "Ive got to save my baby".  And what "the button" means. (Hollywood)

I think it might also have some interesting Mirwais tidbits, like maybe he made a version of Nobody Knows Me that was too crazy to be considered for the album. 

I also feel like they will have acoustic versions for alot of these before Mirwais did his thing and chopped stuff up and put some beats in. 

I feel like we might get Like a Prayer first. Although it's hard to figure out. I think Like a Virgin could be the first release too since that's when she really blew up. I hope we all get a boytoy belt in our boxes. 🥰

I need MUSIC ASAP! A crazy, wide album, with so many bangers left out (petite Jeune Fille, Cyberraga, Run, Liquid Love...) and such an enormous potential with it being a mix of trance and folk that I actually want to see a few more "country" songs in it as well. The idea of an expanded edition of this album lives in my mind rent free for real. 

How come nobody wants the LAP sessions with Prince and other Pat Leonard magic???
I'm sure there are plenty gems, why not Pepsi-related stuff.

Going chronological is tricky, I mean who cares if the AL boxset is comes out in 2030?

Save for the very iconic and successful albums like ROL which will get collector treatment, it's probably going to packaged by decades or broad "eras", as they did for Bowie.

Alas, there's no such thing as an unreleased Vogue album. I hope she has a couple of master tricks in her sleeve.

I want desperately the classic albums (Madonna, Like A Virgin, True Blue and Erotica) but only for one reason, I want a lot of edits and remixes only available on vinyl. If I have to chose one, then Erotica.

PS: To me "Like a Prayer" is a different story. Every version and remix from that era is available on CD, but the album needs a remaster because the bass is almost non-existent. 

1 hour ago, Shoful said:

I want Erotica because it's one of my favs, but I really only want these reissues if they include unreleased content. I don't see the point in this if they don't contain outtakes

They know this. They didn't have a big press release and all that just to release different colored vinyl like Rhino already did. 

I would like to get Like A Prayer first. It's an iconic album and I just know that the deluxe box will be beautiful.

However. Until today I've been convinced that we get the first album first, and that she'll just release the reissues chronologically, but when I saw that Madonna's throwing a party in New York with Nile Rogers, I'm thinking that it can't be a coincident. It may very well be Like A Virgin that comes first!

I'm pretty sure that there will be some announcement on her birtday. Possibly even pre-sales, so I'm ready to spend some serious money on the 16th! :)

Since she'll be in an event with Nile Rodgers in few days, I think she'll announce Like a Virgin reissue, her first landmark album. 

Hope it contains: full album + Crazy for you, Gambler and Into the Groove

A remix and demo cd with some early stage of the songs and also Desperately Seeking Susan + Warning Signs (and probably other songs we didn't know).

a DVD or blu-ray with full Virgin tour concert. 

If she releases Like a Prayer or The First Album, I would love too. I wish Like a Virgin, Like a Prayer, True Blue and The First Album. Then, any other is ok for me. 

Like A Virgin rerelease would be a Damn curve ball at this stage in the game. But maybe people are right it’s defo her most widespread and breakthrough moment. 
but I’m struggling to see the timing in terms of anything whatsoever anniversary wise. I think Nile think is most likely because of the Disco revival, he’s a part of her history and this is an album that is celebrating her being queen of the dancefloor 50 times specifically. I wouldn’t read much more into it than that tbh. 
He’s the perfect choice and in terms of the early part of her career the most prominent and active collaborator who is still out their doing his shit in his own right. He’s a hussler and can always be counted on for good energy and positive and celebratory words. 
Who else would do it? Jellybean? 
I don’t think .

3 hours ago, lap said:

Since she'll be in an event with Nile Rodgers in few days, I think she'll announce Like a Virgin reissue, her first landmark album. 

Hope it contains: full album + Crazy for you, Gambler and Into the Groove

A remix and demo cd with some early stage of the songs and also Desperately Seeking Susan + Warning Signs (and probably other songs we didn't know).

a DVD or blu-ray with full Virgin tour concert. 

If she releases Like a Prayer or The First Album, I would love too. I wish Like a Virgin, Like a Prayer, True Blue and The First Album. Then, any other is ok for me. 

This is what I think and hope could be true 😁