Which ReIssue Box Set Do You Want First?

RUADJAI

Which ReIssue Box Set Do You Want First?  

119 members voted

1. 1. Which One YOU WANT First?

• Madonna
    • Like a Virgin
    • True Blue
    • Like a Prayer
    • Erotica
    • Bedtime Stories
    • Ray of Light
    • Music
    • American Life
    • Confessions on a Dance Floor
    • Hard Candy
    • MDNA
    • Rebel Heart
    • Madame X
  2. 2. Which One We GONNA GET First?

• Madonna
    • Like a Virgin
    • True Blue
    • Like a Prayer
    • Erotica
    • Bedtime Stories
    • Ray of Light
    • Music
    • American Life
    • Confessions on a Dance Floor
    • Hard Candy
    • MDNA
    • Rebel Heart
    • Madame X

4 minutes ago, theglamorous said:

I feel bad for Bedtime Stories but it's fair comment. No votes for any of the Interscope releases? That does surprise me

They're quite recent releases. I don't think we'll get them re-relased any time soon.

When I think about these re-relases, the past catalogue of Pet Shop Boys comes to mind and the way in which they re-released them. That would be absolutely dreamy...

1 minute ago, Nicmag said:

They're quite recent releases. I don't think we'll get them re-relased any time soon.

When I think about these re-relases, the past catalogue of Pet Shop Boys comes to mind and the way in which they re-released them. That would be absolutely dreamy...

I was being sarcastic sorry ;)

3 hours ago, Nicmag said:

No. It clearly says in the press elease that the Interscope records will join the reissue program in 2025.

And I don't want any Madonna to follow the Pet Shop Boys route.
I want deluxe editions with lots of bonus material and hardcover books jam packed with essays and pictures. :), not one bonus disc of selections.
I'm still hoping PSB will release deluxe editions of THEIR landmark albums. :)

16 minutes ago, Celebration said:

No. It clearly says in the press elease that the Interscope records will join the reissue program in 2025.

And I don't want any Madonna to follow the Pet Shop Boys route.
I want deluxe editions with lots of bonus material and hardcover books jam packed with essays and pictures. :), not one bonus disc of selections.
I'm still hoping PSB will release deluxe editions of THEIR landmark albums. :)

Well, babe... It'll be hard to get all those treats. If we did now, what would she have kept up her sleeve for the time when she retires. They'll still need their cash cow.

20 hours ago, Andreo said:

I need MUSIC ASAP! A crazy, wide album, with so many bangers left out (petite Jeune Fille, Cyberraga, Run, Liquid Love...) and such an enormous potential with it being a mix of trance and folk that I actually want to see a few more "country" songs in it as well. The idea of an expanded edition of this album lives in my mind rent free for real. 

I know I so want all of the songs that she did with William orbit to come out! And I really want to hear Hollywood and some of the other tracks that she had originally done that sound very different especially with American Life and a lot of the tracks on it being very different from her original ideas but music had some of the and I think she could definitely have multiple albums worth of material that have been left off of her albums but also I want MDNA to come out with William Orbit's tracks that he claimed were some of the best he worked on with her ever and he couldn't believe that she didn't put them in the final version but I guess we'll have to wait and see

1 hour ago, Nicmag said:

Well, babe... It'll be hard to get all those treats. If we did now, what would she have kept up her sleeve for the time when she retires. They'll still need their cash cow.

I didn't say I want EVERYTHING, but I want more than ONE bonus c per release.

Look at Howard Jones. He released very expanded editions of his albums, and still manages to find stuff to release outside of that.
A box full of radio shows for BBC, remastered remix albums from Japan, etc.

Pink Floyd. The split up almost 30 years ago, but they constantly release stuff. Re-edited and remixed concerts, alternate mixes of past albums, entire boxes with demos and outtakes. And that AFTER releasing the Immersion boxes that were full of bonus material!

There is an endless stream of stuff released with Elvis Presley. Soundboard recordings, outtakes... That's The Way It Is was a multi-disc  superbox that sold out in no time...

I'm sure they'll keep some stuff for themselves, but not too much. People expect more these days, and of they want us to buy Madonna's reissues, they have to deliver the goods.

Like a Virgin would make sense. It's the album that created the star we know today. Controversy, Sex, Sex mixed with religion, Iconography, and two of the biggest hits in history. 

I better get a crucifix and boytoy belt buckle in my box set wrapped in lace with a NFT of her pussy. 

like a virgin madonna GIF

16 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Mmmm, "Like A Virgin"... With the Extended Version of "Gambler" and the Instrumental. And the Remix Edit of "Dress You Up"... She can even include the unmixed version of "Over and Over" & "Into The Groove" and the Dubs from "You Can Dance"....

shutupandtakemymoney-money.gif

A special multi LP edition of You Can Dance would be my dream....

You Can Dance Remastered

You Can Dance Dub

You Can Dance Extended

You Can Dance Single Edits

19 minutes ago, theglamorous said:

A special multi LP edition of You Can Dance would be my dream....

You Can Dance Remastered

You Can Dance Dub

You Can Dance Extended

You Can Dance Single Edits

Yes. It's one of my most wanted deluxe editions, but she can distribute the "You Can Dance" tracks between the first 3 albums

"Madonna": Everybody, Holiday,  Physical Attraction (It's the album Version, and the Edit is available on FEL).

"Like A Virgin": Over And Over, Into The Groove

"True Blue": Spotlight, Where's The Party.

1 hour ago, Aiwa08 said:

Mmmm, "Like A Virgin"... With the Extended Version of "Gambler" and the Instrumental. And the Remix Edit of "Dress You Up"... She can even include the unmixed version of "Over and Over" & "Into The Groove" and the Dubs from "You Can Dance"....

shutupandtakemymoney-money.gif

If she doesn't release Warning Signs, I fear the fandom will riot

4 hours ago, Shoful said:

If she doesn't release Warning Signs, I fear the fandom will riot

I know. But I'm sorry, I only care about versions and remixes unavailable from digital sources. I usually don't care about demos or unreleased songs, with a couple exceptions like "goodbye to innocence", "Triggering (Your Senses)" or "Rebel Heart" (The original album).

I've got a feeling that these sets won't be released one at a time.

I'm probably way off the mark, but I can see the first four albums (Madonna, Like A Virgin, True Blue, Like A Prayer) released on day one (whenever that may be) with future releases being issued in blocks, ie. two or three sets at a time.

Edited by Alexei (see edit history)

I don´t see she re-releasing the albums with remixes as bonus tracks. Don´t you guys think we are having remixes enough in the Finally Enough Love project?

I bet in unreleased songs (if there be any bonus tracks).

But what I want the most is a 12" x 12" booklet just like Kylie did in Golden. Huge pictures, all the lyrics, maybe some facts and achievements... 

17 minutes ago, Dj Garrido said:

I don´t see she re-releasing the albums with remixes as bonus tracks. Don´t you guys think we are having remixes enough in the Finally Enough Love project?

Many Expanded/Deluxe albums are made to have all the edits and remixes from its era. Sometimes, with luck, they include demos/unreleased songs.

FEL is just a compilation with one remix/edit of every #1. 

I'm afraid that many fans only want demos or unreleased songs, and they could be disenchanted with the future deluxe versions.