Madonna on Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon August 10th!

4 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I love the box set they were holding ? I’m kind of tempted to buy it now as I love that sunglasses cover 

interview was what I expected - Fallon fumbling and thinking up stupid questions we’ve heard many times over - I really don’t understand how he has a show - he’s a terrible interviewer- no comments on M as apparently we aren’t allowed to criticise her now 40 years into her career 🙄

That was the actual boxset? Looks small to hold 6 LPs! 👀

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

deathproof

That’s not all. Madonna will return to the late night show for the fifth time on August 10 in celebration of her upcoming compilation album, Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones. The Queen of Pop leads a slew of Superstar Super Summer lineup guests including Sterling K. Brown, Elvis Costello, Idris Elba, Kate McKinnon, Martin Short and more.   https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/megan-thee-stallion-demi-lovato-co-host-tonight-show-1235122581/  

steady75

Could have done without the everybody is dead schtick tbh. Felt a bit disrespectful to be laughing at that but otherwise better than recent appearances. I do miss her intelligence in interviews though. It feels like she’s boxed herself into this corner of being deliberately base and wild which is a bit of a bore. But yeah it was cute enough.  The fucking basque holding her in and making the girls look huge again has to go!   

Blue Jean

Can’t believe Madonna’s “weight gain” is being dissected. She looks healthy to me. And happier these days. Gay men especially need to move on from this expectation that everybody must be ripped like a Calvin Klein model in order to be worthy of existence. It’s important to be healthy yes but there are more things to life than the gym and torsos. Sometimes it’s healthier for your mental health to let go and live a little too especially at Madonna’s point in life. Some fans really are just pr

Posted Images

7 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I love the box set they were holding ? I’m kind of tempted to buy it now as I love that sunglasses cover 

interview was what I expected - Fallon fumbling and thinking up stupid questions we’ve heard many times over - I really don’t understand how he has a show - he’s a terrible interviewer- no comments on M as apparently we aren’t allowed to criticise her now 40 years into her career 🙄

Oh gosh...criticize away...I find it annoying when she is criticized (I think people forget that celebrities are human beings with feelings) for things like age, her physical appearance (not clothing) and other dumb shit like that. It's one thing to criticize The Art vs dumb shit. I personally don't care about grills or what she wears...I don't find it appealing but I realize she is being her authentic self and that to me makes it cool.

13 hours ago, Ayham said:

I don’t think she hates her teeth otherwise she probably fixed them by now lol… I do think she’s not comfortable with her other all appearance… she needs to accept herself. Wearing those grillzzz is not cool anymore even rappers stopped wearing them. It makes her look ugly. Wondering until when??? 

She thinks its looks cool because people find them ugly . She is a narsist person 🤣

I've been a fan of Madonna since 1999 and I don't like to criticize her so I'll say it as nicely as possible: From the waist up Madonna was definitely on point and elegant in her dress but from the waist down... Those extremely wide pants looked like the pants of a clown and although I am ignorant in these matters of fashion when it comes to dressing I do not think that those pants pass the evaluation of any fashion critic in the world.

Definitely the Madonna of 1994, synonymous with class and elegance both in her attitude and in the way she dressed from head to toe, would faint from shock if she saw how her future version is dressing in 2022.

9 minutes ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

I've been a fan of Madonna since 1999 and I don't like to criticize her so I'll say it as nicely as possible: From the waist up Madonna was definitely on point and elegant in her dress but from the waist down... Those extremely wide pants looked like the pants of a clown and although I am ignorant in these matters of fashion when it comes to dressing I do not think that those pants pass the evaluation of any fashion critic in the world.

Definitely the Madonna of 1994, synonymous with class and elegance both in her attitude and in the way she dressed from head to toe, would faint from shock if she saw how her future version is dressing in 2022.

I definitely was like "oh dear" when I saw the pants. I for a moment thought she was going to rip it off.

Madonna has always been very risky, adventurous and polarizing with fashion.  Exactly how she is in real life. The only era I have seen her dress more elegant for a long peroid of time was with Evita and promoting WE.   She ahs been out there her whole career and if we had social media back then would have been smashed for many choices

When she mentioned he was dead.  She was laughing at herself cause it came out bad. She put a tribute up to Mark kamis when he passed.  it was one of those moments we all have when we say something and it just out the wrong way and we laugh.  We have all been there

12 minutes ago, blondebenji said:

When she mentioned he was dead.  She was laughing at herself cause it came out bad. She put a tribute up to Mark kamis when he passed.  it was one of those moments we all have when we say something and it just out the wrong way and we laugh.  We have all been there

That whole scene was very awkward.  Like you said, she just worded it bad and so she went into a nervous laughter.  Shows she's human like the rest of us. 

The thing that surprised me is that she nor Jimmy made any mention of the Beyonce' collab or 'Material Gworlll'.  

11 hours ago, TOpher said:

The tonight show post. 

WELL either way I find the negative comments boring at this point. Of course with a performance or new song we are going to have critiques but when it’s critiquing her face or body from her fans it’s a downer to scroll through. I think it’s obvious she wants to dress kooky and defy convention, that’s just who she is these days. The grillz we’ve had a decade of and people are still moaning about it. It’s as if fans want her to conform to societal norms of how a “normal” woman her age should dress and act. They always make the claim that that’s not what it comes down to but really what else can it be?

2 hours ago, Ch3rish said:

That whole scene was very awkward.  Like you said, she just worded it bad and so she went into a nervous laughter.  Shows she's human like the rest of us. 

The thing that surprised me is that she nor Jimmy made any mention of the Beyonce' collab or 'Material Gworlll'.  

She did the same thing on Graham Norton a few years back when she said she thought Diana Ross was dead. They edited it out of the broadcast. I think her humour and perspective on death is different to most peoples. It may have come across as insensitive but I don’t think she meant it that way. Perhaps she is used to being around people that get her humour or are accustomed to it.

I'm always glad to see a new interview but I wish she'd appear on a different show. She has been on Jimmy Fallon so many times in the last 7 years and this kind of feels like déjà vu. She probably feels safe because he'll just fangirl and doesn't ask any pressing questions. I mean he didn't even ask about the new remixes or the movie she has been working on for years.

About her outfit... it was a choice. The outfit she wore to DiscOasis was much better. 

I can't help but think about how amazing she looked during the Facebook chat with Jimmy Fallon in 2012. I know it was a decade ago and we all age, but I never thought she'd be someone to start following trends like getting butt implants and getting excessive fillers in her face. You can see how it has changed the shape of her face.

141822016.jpg

Madonna+Facebook+Interview+Jimmy+Fallon+

She still looked great when she appeared on Jimmy Fallon in 2015. I miss this face and body.

1455053662-2svueulf1ybuzf7hxqikmyspm.jpg

10985000_887362861320104_342876904931940

MV5BZDQ4OGEyNzUtMzk0Yy00YTNhLWFhOGEtMzA5

She's starting to get that feline look in her face. Ricardo can't facetune every single picture taken of her.

FZ1RlXfXoAIs9kt?format=jpg&name=4096x409

GettyImages-1242428994.jpg

I thought she looked amazing. She was playful and funny, however I was a little disappointed that they didn’t talk more about her career or the reissues that are planned. This would have been the perfect opportunity to have M as a solo guest for the whole show, and to ask about her career, and for her to offer up stories from the past 40 years. There was no mention of the biopic either. 

3 hours ago, Vogue Italia said:

I'm always glad to see a new interview but I wish she'd appear on a different show. She has been on Jimmy Fallon so many times in the last 7 years and this kind of feels like déjà vu. She probably feels safe because he'll just fangirl and doesn't ask any pressing questions. I mean he didn't even ask about the new remixes or the movie she has been working on for years.

About her outfit... it was a choice. The outfit she wore to DiscOasis was much better. 

I can't help but think about how amazing she looked during the Facebook chat with Jimmy Fallon in 2012. I know it was a decade ago and we all age, but I never thought she'd be someone to start following trends like getting butt implants and getting excessive fillers in her face. You can see how it has changed the shape of her face.

141822016.jpg

Madonna+Facebook+Interview+Jimmy+Fallon+

She still looked great when she appeared on Jimmy Fallon in 2015. I miss this face and body.

1455053662-2svueulf1ybuzf7hxqikmyspm.jpg

10985000_887362861320104_342876904931940

MV5BZDQ4OGEyNzUtMzk0Yy00YTNhLWFhOGEtMzA5

She's starting to get that feline look in her face. Ricardo can't facetune every single picture taken of her.

FZ1RlXfXoAIs9kt?format=jpg&name=4096x409

GettyImages-1242428994.jpg

She was full of fillers in her face back in 2012 and 2015 too. Did she looked better? Yes,  but that was 10 and 7 years ago. 
Same for the body. Yes THAT ASS is what it is, but she’s clearly “fuller” everywhere. We haven’t seen a gym video or picture in ages, she’s probably over it. And after 40 years who can blame her?  She looks happy and healthy and it’s all that matters at the end of the day. 

All i can say is that the lightenning on the fallon show during the interviews is terrible. When she sits at that desk she always looks way bigger than she is, and her face looks over bloated. She should ask for the lightenning to be modified next time she sits there. Look at how beautiful and thinner she looks when she does the musical classroom playing "Music" compared to the interview...

Lol youre talking like she is 20 stone shes just stopping working out as much prob docs orders due to her bones i think ! I thought she looked great for her age :) i like her facial work i think we would all like it if we have had the chance to see what she would look like without it ! You can tell she is not working out as much in the way she moves on stage too shes not as fluid as she once was ! Its deffo due to her not going gym ! Her ass fat work will suffer too if she dont keep up working her ass ! Youre supposed to work your ass cheeks a lot with that cosmetic surgery to try and balance out the fat i read infact we have seen some videos of her doing just that in a gym

Edited by Madge (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Robertthenurse said:

I wonder if people know the REAL rationale why someone in her stage in life and health choices she makes why she has "gained so much weight" I feel like people are so uneducated, it's actually quite amusing to watch people's reactions. 😅 

What do you think it is ? Her supposed drinking habits lol menopause? Its lack of exercise and the covid pandemic where loads gained weight when in lockdown and maybe she likes the result of it ! Bigger tits and ass ! I think she looked like she lost weight but i dont get why people are obsessed with her gaining weight ! Humans do and with age they tend to be more prone to gaining weight ! I think in portugal her relationship with food changed she prob started to enjoy food more and not be so strict on herself and also with ass fat implants she would need to balance things out ! Remember stonewall she was thin there and her ass looked absolutely out of proportion so a bit of weight gain balances it out more ! 

Edited by Madge (see edit history)

Madonna is short, so a little bit of weight gained is more visible. For more than 30 years she was the poster girl for gym and killer body, she clearly stopped working out like she used to. She said that even in the Vogue 2019 interview, gym is the last thing on her to do list. I don’t know if she’s still working out or not, as I said we haven’t seen a gym picture or video in ages. She’s 64, she had major surgery and she probably just wants to enjoy life now. She was thin during the Madame X tour. The “ass” looks better with a fuller figure like she’s now anyway. Maybe she’ll hit the gym hardcore for the next tour, maybe not. She looks more healthy now than in 2008 for sure where she was just bones thanks to Tracy Anderson. 

The biggest problem now is the styling. I get she wants to be cutting edge, but those pants made her look even bigger than what she is. Same for the tight corset. She looked much better at the NY party with Nile Rodgers. She also looks better with a dress, like she one she had when she went to the Michael Jackson musical.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic