Madonna on Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon August 10th!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

deathproof

That’s not all. Madonna will return to the late night show for the fifth time on August 10 in celebration of her upcoming compilation album, Finally Enough Love: 50 Number Ones. The Queen of Pop leads a slew of Superstar Super Summer lineup guests including Sterling K. Brown, Elvis Costello, Idris Elba, Kate McKinnon, Martin Short and more.   https://www.billboard.com/music/music-news/megan-thee-stallion-demi-lovato-co-host-tonight-show-1235122581/  

steady75

Could have done without the everybody is dead schtick tbh. Felt a bit disrespectful to be laughing at that but otherwise better than recent appearances. I do miss her intelligence in interviews though. It feels like she’s boxed herself into this corner of being deliberately base and wild which is a bit of a bore. But yeah it was cute enough.  The fucking basque holding her in and making the girls look huge again has to go!   

Blue Jean

Can’t believe Madonna’s “weight gain” is being dissected. She looks healthy to me. And happier these days. Gay men especially need to move on from this expectation that everybody must be ripped like a Calvin Klein model in order to be worthy of existence. It’s important to be healthy yes but there are more things to life than the gym and torsos. Sometimes it’s healthier for your mental health to let go and live a little too especially at Madonna’s point in life. Some fans really are just pr

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

WELL either way I find the negative comments boring at this point. Of course with a performance or new song we are going to have critiques but when it’s critiquing her face or body from her fans it’s a downer to scroll through. I think it’s obvious she wants to dress kooky and defy convention, that’s just who she is these days. The grillz we’ve had a decade of and people are still moaning about it. It’s as if fans want her to conform to societal norms of how a “normal” woman her age should dress and act. They always make the claim that that’s not what it comes down to but really what else can it be?

My only issue is the grills. They are ugly. They look awful on her they look awful on anyone. And she sounds like she has a speech impediment and it’s quite annoying to listen to her speak, let alone how awful she sings when they are in. I wish Jimmy would have had the balls to say “yes you do have a lisp and you sound ridiculous”. 
i don’t have any expectations on how she should behave, it’s her life she can do whatever the hell she wants. What I do have a problem with his the extreme facetuning and photoshopping she’s presenting all over social media. It makes her look like a cartoon. I mean look at her on the talk show, at the roller disco and at the airport she looks great without a hundred filters on. Wish she was comfortable enough with herself to just present herself as she is.

Everyone of my friends and family have put some weight on during the covid years and isolation.  Its been a crap couple of years and she had a injury to contend with.   She was much more kind to herself in Lisbon and enjoyed the lifestyle. This forum went into overdrive when she wore that pink dress on Regis and kelly. She lost the weight very quickly once promo and the tour started. She will loose again once the next tour starts or even the gruelling hours of making a movie.  Yes shes had work done and implants etc over the last 10 years but I really cant see a huge difference other than some slight weight gain which she will loose.  She still looks fantastic.  Things are different now.  We didnt see much of her early in her career in off cycle promo. In those days they went away and you only saw them when they were back ready to rock n roll with a new project.

4 hours ago, TOpher said:

My only issue is the grills. They are ugly. They look awful on her they look awful on anyone. And she sounds like she has a speech impediment and it’s quite annoying to listen to her speak, let alone how awful she sings when they are in. I wish Jimmy would have had the balls to say “yes you do have a lisp and you sound ridiculous”. 
i don’t have any expectations on how she should behave, it’s her life she can do whatever the hell she wants. What I do have a problem with his the extreme facetuning and photoshopping she’s presenting all over social media. It makes her look like a cartoon. I mean look at her on the talk show, at the roller disco and at the airport she looks great without a hundred filters on. Wish she was comfortable enough with herself to just present herself as she is.

She knows people hate them and she knows the reason why she just gave them a centre stage during this interview and pretended like she doesnt know why people hate them lol ! She wears them prob to be talked about negative or good it dont matter to her ! They are ugly i agree on anybody and i wish she would ditch them but she wont because people hate them ! I cant imagine them being comfy either 

Edited by Madge (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Madge said:

If like her to host the show but i bet she would say something controversial that would get her into trouble so its best not lol ! Is the show live ? Her comment about being a teacher and ended up in jail was funny 

Ha.  I thought the exact same thing about her hosting the show.  While they could bleep out her foul language, but I can see her purposely seeing how many times she can get censored.  This is classic Madonna.  I feel anymore, this is what most people expect from her.  They expect she's going to come on a show like Jimmy Fallons and give the host a hard time and say some naughty things.

Can’t believe Madonna’s “weight gain” is being dissected. She looks healthy to me. And happier these days.

Gay men especially need to move on from this expectation that everybody must be ripped like a Calvin Klein model in order to be worthy of existence. It’s important to be healthy yes but there are more things to life than the gym and torsos. Sometimes it’s healthier for your mental health to let go and live a little too especially at Madonna’s point in life. Some fans really are just projecting their insecurities about themselves onto Madonna a lot of the time I think.

28 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Can’t believe Madonna’s “weight gain” is being dissected. She looks healthy to me. And happier these days.

Gay men especially need to move on from this expectation that everybody must be ripped like a Calvin Klein model in order to be worthy of existence. It’s important to be healthy yes but there are more things to life than the gym and torsos. Sometimes it’s healthier for your mental health to let go and live a little too especially at Madonna’s point in life. Some fans really are just projecting their insecurities about themselves onto Madonna a lot of the time I think.

It doesnt help when her instagram pics slim her digitally and then fans see her in the real and get surprised ! Shes clearly aware she has gained weight and not happy with it as he removes any traces of a double chin or a belly and i think its at her request too ! Maybe shes on steroids for her hip or has another health condition that we are not aware of that makes her gain weight we dont know but she is not happy with it .. this said she looks like she has lost weight recently and most importantly HAPPY

Edited by Madge (see edit history)

3 minutes ago, Jackie said:

She was happy, she's seems in a much better place - that's all that matters :)

This!  Though, I feel she's been this way for some time now.  I think the Madame X tour took a toll on her.  I find the chatter about her weight a bit ridiculous because there are a lot factors in play here.  First off, she is 64.  A lot of women gain weight in the hips by then.  Secondly, with Covid, that slowed a lot of people down.  Lastly and most importantly, her injuries probably played a huge part in why she gained the weight she did. Not that I think, she is obese or out of shape.  It is jolting to most of us because we are used to seeing her very slime and very fit.  But I'm not going to sit here on the sidelines and criticize her for it.  And it's not like she's that out of shape.  Over all, she looks great for her age, and we all have seen her without the filters/photoshop and we know she still looks great without the help.  I don't care that she uses filters/photoshops on social media because most people do anyway.  Also, all her most iconic images for albums, etc., have been photoshopped to some degree. 

30 minutes ago, Madge said:

It doesnt help when her instagram pics slim her digitally and then fans see her in the real and get surprised ! Shes clearly aware she has gained weight and not happy with it as he removes any traces of a double chin or a belly and i think its at her request too ! Maybe shes on steroids for her hip or has another health condition that we are not aware of that makes her gain weight we dont know but she is not happy with it .. this said she looks like she has lost weight recently and most importantly HAPPY

Nobody posts unflattering pics of themselves on Instagram though. I’m not saying it’s the best practise but it’s no different to how regular people use the platform. Even young kids digitally enhance the way they look online.

Those few times she’s done it she’s been crucified by her fans. Some of them are simply angered by her perceived imperfections, it’s like a mirror up to themselves.

It’s true that it isn’t fair for anyone to judge Madonna’s changed physique without knowing what caused her to gain weight, but she is a public figure, and so people are still going to notice that she went from being extraordinarily fit for over 30 years in the public eye to something entirely different, whether we like it or not. Surely acknowledging it doesn’t mean anyone is projecting their issues and insecurities onto her! She is much older now, and she has suffered serious injuries from which she may still be recovering, or may never recover. She may have osteoarthritis. She chooses to keep these matters private (her right and prerogative), which leads to speculation, whether we like it or not. As previously mentioned , the fact that she presents such a radically altered self-image on social media is clearly indicative that she’d rather that falsehood be representative of her public persona than the reality. No one can claim to know why she does this, but I feel it is my personal right as a 38 years-and-counting fan and admirer to still question her choices if they intrigue me, whether they preserve and perpetuate a flattering narrative or not. 

Her choices of outfits when making public appearances are not to my taste in recent memory, and I find them incredibly unflattering, particularly these unfortunate jumbo-sized sweatpants! I don’t think I’m alone in this assessment. Why inject your ass to then go out of your way to hide it? It’s not an attack on her to ask the question. It’s a valid point of view! 

I totally agree that she should do whatever makes her happy, but why should we as fans and observers not be entitled to comment on and discuss what we see, even when it doesn’t suit someone else’s perception of aesthetics or their values? We are all different and have had unique journeys, but have a commonality in our fascination for Madonna. It isn’t like she’s a Garbo-like recluse hiding herself from public scrutiny. She puts herself out there to be talked about!

13 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

She was full of fillers in her face back in 2012 and 2015 too. Did she looked better? Yes,  but that was 10 and 7 years ago. 
Same for the body. Yes THAT ASS is what it is, but she’s clearly “fuller” everywhere. We haven’t seen a gym video or picture in ages, she’s probably over it. And after 40 years who can blame her?  She looks happy and healthy and it’s all that matters at the end of the day. 

Excessive is the keyword I used. I know she been getting fillers and other nips and tucks for probably decades but she still looked like herself until a few years ago and it is not due to her weight. I think her weight is fine and she has clearly gotten breast implants too, which aren't bad but she wears a lot of unflattering outfits. I did not expect her to remain a gym enthusiast all of her life but I thought she would age gracefully. She has never been one to conform to society's expectations, but she was a trailblazer and exuded confidence so I thought that's how she'd tackle aging, by redefining it instead of trying to run from it and following bad trends. Now she hides behind filters, a tight wrinkle-free face and grillz. She has her moments when she looks decent these days but she has lost that certain je ne sais quoi.

On a positive note, she did seems to be in good spirits. It would be nice to get a serious televised interview of her speaking like she did during the TIMEPieces conversation with Beeple earlier this year.

• Enrico unfeatured this topic
6 hours ago, Vogue Italia said:

Excessive is the keyword I used. I know she been getting fillers and other nips and tucks for probably decades but she still looked like herself until a few years ago and it is not due to her weight. I think her weight is fine and she has clearly gotten breast implants too, which aren't bad but she wears a lot of unflattering outfits. I did not expect her to remain a gym enthusiast all of her life but I thought she would age gracefully. She has never been one to conform to society's expectations, but she was a trailblazer and exuded confidence so I thought that's how she'd tackle aging, by redefining it instead of trying to run from it and following bad trends. Now she hides behind filters, a tight wrinkle-free face and grillz. She has her moments when she looks decent these days but she has lost that certain je ne sais quoi.

On a positive note, she did seems to be in good spirits. It would be nice to get a serious televised interview of her speaking like she did during the TIMEPieces conversation with Beeple earlier this year.

Oh wow. Are you a reporter from the Daily Mail? Age gracefully? You expected her to do a certain thing, she did the opposite. As you said “She has never been one to conform to society's expectations”. And it’s what she’s doing. And yes weight is a big issue in people appearance like it or not, and I’m not saying she’s fat but she’s short so even a little bit of extra weight wil change things. Also, again, you compared 2022 Madonna with pictures from 10 and 7 years ago. It’s a lot of time, especially when you get past 50 and especially for women.

On 8/12/2022 at 6:32 AM, Blue Jean said:

She did the same thing on Graham Norton a few years back when she said she thought Diana Ross was dead. They edited it out of the broadcast. I think her humour and perspective on death is different to most peoples. It may have come across as insensitive but I don’t think she meant it that way. Perhaps she is used to being around people that get her humour or are accustomed to it.

OMG, she said that??? Any video? 

29 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Yes she did. I cannot remember if I saw a video or if it was a fan report from someone in attendance. But I remember discussing it online before the show aired.

I want to see evidence of this ! We know certain people posing as fans like to make things up ! I really doubt she said this but youre right she does have a dark sense of humour when it comes to death ! Imagine her hosting a show lol she would be cancelled for the 10000 time 

11 hours ago, Vogue Italia said:

No way she has had a tit job lol its just weight gain ! I like her facial work she has great skin for 64 

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Yes she did. I cannot remember if I saw a video or if it was a fan report from someone in attendance. But I remember discussing it online before the show aired.

First time to hear this… without evidence it’s hard to believe if it’s true or not… I remember he showed her a pic with her & Nile… wow would be soooo unprofessional to say it in front of the audience & the guests. 🥲

I find it weird how some obsess over her looks.  I think she looks fantastic for her age.  I am not naive to think she hasn't had some help along the way, but I also know she's taken great shape of her body and skin.  She deserves some credit for that.  Also, it's not like we don't see her without the filters and photoshop.  There are plenty of opportunities we get pap shots of her and she still looks just as great.  Whatever work she has had done specifically to her face, I don't feel has been over done.  Of course, I understand sometimes fillers or botox can plump her face up a bit unnaturally, but I don't really care.  For the most part, she always looks fine.  I don't get this insisting need to keep bringing up her looks.  It's usually always done to demean her.  For some, this is all they talk about regarding her.  I rarely hear this coming from the general public either.  I wish some fans could appreciate her more, rather find ways to pick apart her faults.  She's human like everyone else.  She has her insecurities and she obviously comes off to me as someone really happy right now and living her best life.  

22 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Nobody posts unflattering pics of themselves on Instagram though. I’m not saying it’s the best practise but it’s no different to how regular people use the platform. Even young kids digitally enhance the way they look online.

Those few times she’s done it she’s been crucified by her fans. Some of them are simply angered by her perceived imperfections, it’s like a mirror up to themselves.

Regular people aren't going to get photographed by the paparazzi so there won't be articles on the internet comparing their candid shots to their social media pictures. There also won't be videos on YouTube of doctors analyzing their photos. Yes, most people do edit their photos but excessively filtering your photos makes any person look crazy especially if the photo is from a televised concert or TV show that has already been seen by millions of people. Famous or not, if you look vastly different in person than in your photos people are going to talk about it the difference.

5 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

The Diana Ross bit it not in the interview, so we don’t know if it’s true or not. She said Jellybean was a shitty boyfriend though. 

My friend was at the taping. I have just asked her again and yes it is true. The photo came up and she said she was the only one still alive in the photo. Then she said (about Diana) “oh I thought she was dead.”

Apparently she also told Sheryl Crow she will be dead next. On top of that she didn’t know who Ian McKellen was. At some point she sat on Tamwars lap.

Dont shoot the messenger :lol:  A lot of London fans were at the taping though so it didn’t come from one person.

15 hours ago, cosmic_system said:

Oh wow. Are you a reporter from the Daily Mail? Age gracefully? You expected her to do a certain thing, she did the opposite. As you said “She has never been one to conform to society's expectations”. And it’s what she’s doing. And yes weight is a big issue in people appearance like it or not, and I’m not saying she’s fat but she’s short so even a little bit of extra weight wil change things. Also, again, you compared 2022 Madonna with pictures from 10 and 7 years ago. It’s a lot of time, especially when you get past 50 and especially for women.

No, I'm stating my opinion on a message board and I actually try to avoid giving the Daily Fail clicks to their website. Is it a bad thing that I thought she was naturally attractive and didn't need to alter her appearance drastically? Madonna is going to do what she wants regardless but just because I'm a fan doesn't mean I have to agree with every choice she makes.

I'm aware that the pictures I posted are from 10 and 7 years ago but that's not an excuse. Look at Joan Collins, Jane Fonda, Meryl Streep, Diana Ross, Patti LaBelle, Cyndi Lauper, Jamie Lee Curtis, Joan Jett, Angela Bassett, Annie Lennox and etc. All these women are the same age as Madonna or much older than her. Some of them have clearly had work but they are aging gracefully. Aging gracefully is not a bad thing, it doesn't mean she has to act like a retired senior citizen in a nursing home. To me, it means embracing nature and still being beautifully confident as you age. Madonna has not appeared confident with her appearance in the last few years compared to the pictures I posted. She even stated on Jimmy Fallon the other night that she wears grillz because she doesn't like her teeth. The gap in her teeth is iconic! She could have gotten veneers like most celebrities 40 years ago but she rocked her imperfections. In a way, now she's conforming to expectations of an aging popstar by being afraid to age so she turns to surgery, botox, fillers, Facetune, and posts thirst trap photos/videos on social media. She is following the trends of Instagram models. 

5 hours ago, Ch3rish said:

I find it weird how some obsess over her looks.  I think she looks fantastic for her age.  I am not naive to think she hasn't had some help along the way, but I also know she's taken great shape of her body and skin.  She deserves some credit for that.  Also, it's not like we don't see her without the filters and photoshop.  There are plenty of opportunities we get pap shots of her and she still looks just as great.  Whatever work she has had done specifically to her face, I don't feel has been over done.  Of course, I understand sometimes fillers or botox can plump her face up a bit unnaturally, but I don't really care.  For the most part, she always looks fine.  I don't get this insisting need to keep bringing up her looks.  It's usually always done to demean her.  For some, this is all they talk about regarding her.  I rarely hear this coming from the general public either.  I wish some fans could appreciate her more, rather find ways to pick apart her faults.  She's human like everyone else.  She has her insecurities and she obviously comes off to me as someone really happy right now and living her best life.  

In her paparazzi photos, I don't think she looks bad for a nearly 64-year-old woman. She just looks different even from when she released Madame X in 2019. The drastic change in her appearance seems to be the general consensus outside of the fanbase. When I read comments on social media, articles on the internet, and YouTube videos I see a lot of "wow, that's Madonna?" "she looks so different" and "what has she done to herself?". I have only stated my opinions about her appearance here because there's already so much negativity elsewhere and some people say things just to be cruel. Here we are all fans and I hope ultimately we all want the best for her. I do agree that some fans are harsh when they criticize her appearance but it's not out of malice on my part.

52 minutes ago, Vogue Italia said:

In her paparazzi photos, I don't think she looks bad for a nearly 64-year-old woman. She just looks different even from when she released Madame X in 2019. The drastic change in her appearance seems to be the general consensus outside of the fanbase. When I read comments on social media, articles on the internet, and YouTube videos I see a lot of "wow, that's Madonna?" "she looks so different" and "what has she done to herself?". I have only stated my opinions about her appearance here because there's already so much negativity elsewhere and some people say things just to be cruel. Here we are all fans and I hope ultimately we all want the best for her. I do agree that some fans are harsh when they criticize her appearance but it's not out of malice on my part.

And you don't think people wouldn't being saying the same if she did nothing and just "aged gracefully" as some put it?  The only difference, many would say, "Oh she's let herself go".  In fact, some fans are saying that now regarding her weight.  The real issue here is that she does look different in the perception of what society thinks 60 year olds should look like.  But I don't really see her looking that drastically different to what she's always looked like.  If anything, she looks like a younger version of herself. Anyway, I really don't care what people say about her.  Most of her career, she's been severely criticized for you name it. Through the years the press, tabloids, haters and critics all have been horrible to her.  This is no different.  And don't get me started on social media.  That is a cess pool of trolls and toxicity. Most people who comment about other people in such a manner, refuse to show themselves and are usually projecting anyways.  Even yourself could upload a picture, a youtube video, something you created, a song, whatever it is, and more and likely if it goes beyond your family and friends, you'll find more people who will be negative before being positive.  People love to put others down, especially if they are successful.  In the end, whatever people say, it still doesn't detour her from creating and entertaining. For me, she could look like a toad now and I wouldn't care one bit, because she's given me 4 decades of great music and entertainment and has looked fantastic doing it. That's all that matters! :)

Edit to add... I realize you aren't saying anything out of "malice".  And nothing I've said is meant to be aimed at you personally.  I'm just offering my two cents.  I totally respect others have different opinions than me.  I appreciate what you've expressed here and I hope you do of me. 

Edited by Ch3rish (see edit history)