Madonna x Nile Rodgers “Disco Oasis” event in Central Park August 10th!

Please don't bite my head off, but I was under the impression based on Madonna's post which was posted here in the OP that people were going to be selected to join her based on their pictures?  Not those that just bought a ticket to skate entry?  Even those who bought those tickets, questioned if they would be able to see her.  Didn't someone post, "seems to easy" after they bought their skate entry?

So sorry to hear those who try to get in, didn't though!  One fault I have of Madonna is she leans to the elite, those who have the money than just the average working joe fans. 

19 minutes ago, Ch3rish said:

Please don't bite my head off, but I was under the impression based on Madonna's post which was posted here in the OP that people were going to be selected to join her based on their pictures?  Not those that just bought a ticket to skate entry?  Even those who bought those tickets, questioned if they would be able to see her.  Didn't someone post, "seems to easy" after they bought their skate entry?

So sorry to hear those who try to get in, didn't though!  One fault I have of Madonna is she leans to the elite, those who have the money than just the average working joe fans. 

I think she's really trying to reach younger generations and forgetting the loyal fans. The last events where mainly focused on influencers who can promote it on social media. 

16 minutes ago, Ch3rish said:

We bought tickets, however the event space sent out an email earlier in the day stating that anyone who purchased tickets for the 530-730 session, would need to vacate the premises at 7 for a private event happening.

Based on the line alone, pretty much everyone who submitted a photo was selected to attend. Lot and lots and lots and lots and lots of fans. There was a VIP line, which makes me think certain people (Instagram personalities, DJs, podcasters, reality stars, bloggers, writers for Vulture, AV Club, Interview, etc etc) were asked to come (just like the previous Madonna events from the past year).

1 minute ago, deathproof said:

We bought tickets, however the event space sent out an email earlier in the day stating that anyone who purchased tickets for the 530-730 session, would need to vacate the premises at 7 for a private event happening.

Based on the line alone, pretty much everyone who submitted a photo was selected to attend. Lot and lots and lots and lots and lots of fans. There was a VIP line, which makes me think certain people (Instagram personalities, DJs, podcasters, reality stars, bloggers, writers for Vulture, AV Club, Interview, etc etc) were asked to come (just like the previous Madonna events from the past year).

So you knew, you probably had no chance of getting in to the private event, but you tried anyways, right?  Good on you!  Never hurts to try! :)

1 minute ago, Ch3rish said:

So you knew, you probably had no chance of getting in to the private event, but you tried anyways, right?  Good on you!  Never hurts to try! :)

Uhhh, it was more of a chance I was willing to take, as I logically had a chance to be there no matter what. There was nothing on the event website that stated anything about a private event and kicking people out early. 👍 Her event stated it started at 7.

We purchased tickets to skate from 530-730. That would mean atleast 30 mins of skating while she was there.

Plus purchasing a ticket gives you access to the event space till the 10pm closing.

To me these kinds of events always remind me of when Prince played Good Morning America for 3121 and I took an overnight bus from Philly to NY and just walked around uncertain for hours and eventually the gates opened and I had an amazing view. You just never know and part of the thrill is the adventure. 

2 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Uhhh, it was more of a chance I was willing to take, as I logically had a chance to be there no matter what. There was nothing on the event website that stated anything about a private event and kicking people out early. 👍 Her event stated it started at 7.

We purchased tickets to skate from 530-730. That would mean atleast 30 mins of skating while she was there.

Plus purchasing a ticket gives you access to the event space till the 10pm closing.

Well sorry you and the others couldn't get into the event. Sounds like the event page could have been more specific.  But if I was to be honest, I really didn't expect her event was just going to let anyone in. 

3 minutes ago, Ch3rish said:

Well sorry you and the others couldn't get into the event. Sounds like the event page could have been more specific.  But if I was to be honest, I really didn't expect her event was just going to let anyone in. 

It wasn’t just us silly Infinityers and people that were kicked out at 7, there was a nice mob of riffraff hoping to get a peek at the Queen. Most of the gates had people looking in and there was also a packed observatory space above the rink. I was surprised by the crowd when I came back after drinks.

1 minute ago, DickTracy said:

It wasn’t just us silly Infinityers and people that were kicked out at 7, there was a nice mob of riffraff hoping to get a peek at the Queen. Most of the gates had people looking in and there was also an observatory space above the rink. 

Well, it was "the Queen" after all.  LOL!

1 hour ago, deathproof said:

I don't want to sound like a bitter bitch, but i did enter this contest. though i entered it wrong I presumed coz i entered via instagram, and later i discovered people who won did their submission via Facebook (eyeroll). Not to brag, I'm a figure skater, so my entry had me in a SuperGirl costume with the Hard Candy short shorts figure skating in wheels to Hung up. But never got selected, I guess they saw my Canadian flag and figured, yea we're not shipping you but i could easily fly to NYC any day. Oh well, I never win any of her contest, but still love her.... not her team though... LMAO

• RUADJAI unfeatured this topic