BREAK MY SOUL (THE QUEENS REMIX) - Beyoncé & Madonna

star guardian

18 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

It looks like this is gaining some steam on social media.

Hopefully it will make Madonna realize that she has more to gain by collaborating with artists of her caliber rather than TikTok celebrities 

This is the ultimate collab. They should perform it on the mtv awards or something. 

17 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Hopefully it will make Madonna realize that she has more to gain by collaborating with artists of her caliber rather than TikTok celebrities 

Lol you think she's searching for tiktok stars to work with randomly? Both collabs only happened because they used her first and she decided to join them to get in on the fad too. 

9 hours ago, thegoldencalf said:

Well said, but we know that M wouldn't risk being dominated or overshadowed by a collaborator.

Beyonce is a different type of artist though. Madonna has been pushing boundaries for so long that over time "people" and their jealousy (mostly men and ugly women) have created this false negative narrative about her. What ever Madonna does -- people complain "she's too old" "not cute enough" "look Madonna is desperate for attention"...like she said..."the most controversial thing I've done is stick around"

Shes brilliant. She is a threat. People want to be her. People are fascinated by her. That's why everything she does creates a frenzy. That's my opinion anyway. Oh that and she's human and not perfect -- but she doesn't care and that's why I love her xo

39 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

Shes brilliant. She is a threat. People want to be her. People are fascinated by her. That's why everything she does creates a frenzy. That's my opinion anyway. Oh that and she's human and not perfect -- but she doesn't care and that's why I love her xo

Same, I love Beyoncé so much 

42 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

Beyonce is a different type of artist though. Madonna has been pushing boundaries for so long that over time "people" and their jealousy (mostly men and ugly women) have created this false negative narrative about her. What ever Madonna does -- people complain "she's too old" "not cute enough" "look Madonna is desperate for attention"...like she said..."the most controversial thing I've done is stick around"

What does comparing the two women have to do with the collab exactly?

Do we need to point out why Madonna is so much better than Saucy and Sickik as well? Lol

9 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Same, I love Beyoncé so much 

She’s a legend in her own right. The way M fans are so threatened by every big female artist is bizarre. Do we have to always talk about “Madonna did it first.”

What about all the black women that came before Madonna that also paved the way for Beyoncé? Diana Ross, Aretha, Nina Simone, Grace Jones… the list goes on.

I love this. A lot of my love for Madonna stems from her embracing gay culture unapologetically with a really genuine appreciation, never as a gimmick despite some of her choices which were definitely gimmicky and meant to shock and get attention. But they were also meant to advance our culture, to take the freedom that existed in pockets in cities and mainstream it. It's not like Beyonce is front and center with LGBT politics the same way and she's a bit more subtle and reinterprets it in her own way, but when I first played the new album and heard Rauhofer sampled in the beginning and by the end got Kevin Aviance's Cunty front and center followed by Donna Summer, it just feels very, very gay at a time when conservatives are trying to push back and repress our culture. There is a joy and freedom and I-don't-give-a-fuck attitude in the album and now she drops this remix built around Vogue and adds the new vocals... so good.

Plus, I would never have known Beyonce had an official rolling tray without needing to go to her site for this remix. Easy sell. :tongue:

15 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

What does comparing the two women have to do with the collab exactly?

Do we need to point out why Madonna is so much better than Saucy and Sickik as well? Lol

I was just comparing to how Madonna gets treated when her art gets released vs another pop icon. Nvm...its just words on a screen. 

22 minutes ago, Robertthenurse said:

I was just comparing to how Madonna gets treated when her art gets released vs another pop icon. Nvm...its just words on a screen. 

I do understand what you're trying to say but at the end of the day, these are artists we greatly respect because of their artistry and their cause. 😊

37 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

She’s a legend in her own right. The way M fans are so threatened by every big female artist is bizarre. Do we have to always talk about “Madonna did it first.”

What about all the black women that came before Madonna that also paved the way for Beyoncé? Diana Ross, Aretha, Nina Simone, Grace Jones… the list goes on.

Feel like I should start a “Should Madonna step up her game because of Beyoncé” thread 

21 minutes ago, Roy said:

I do understand what you're trying to say but at the end of the day, these are artists we greatly respect because of their artistry and their cause. 😊

Everything @Robertthenurse said is true. I just was not sure what it had to do with the song.

But I am aware Madonna fans have been fretting about Beyonce on social media for weeks now (as they always do when another popular female artist releases a new album.)

3 hours ago, Rory said:

It's smoking! Does she mention Tina Turner, Neneh Cherrry, Vanity, Sade, Sylvester, Chaka Kahn, Lisa Lisa, LaToya, Niki Harris, Irene Cara, Pointer Sisters, Sheila E., Ronnie Spector, Donna Summer, Debbie Allen, Martha Wash, RuPaul? Could have included so many in thisl? Powerful, I like it. The essence of them is there!

Niki Harris?

• RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic