BREAK MY SOUL (THE QUEENS REMIX) - Beyoncé & Madonna

star guardian

I feel like Remix Revolution was more than just Finally Enough Love.  I mean, we're in the midst of a bunch of remixed hits, and I'm not sure we realize it yet. Maybe the Katy Perry rumors are true as well. And whatever the Wonder Woman song rumored to happen... I'm too lazy to go hunting for what that was. but all of this with the box sets and FEL...seems like the perfect way to infiltrate regular people's lives to get them ready for a Biopic. 

And Im extremely happy that Bey is showing Madonna love and doing it by sampling this specific song. It helps quiet the narrative that M exploited ballroom culture for her own gain as something malicious or predatory. 

ITS SO GOOOOOD!!!! and I love that she shouts out to Jill Scott! 

7 hours ago, Rory said:

It's smoking! Does she mention Tina Turner, Neneh Cherrry, Vanity, Sade, Sylvester, Chaka Kahn, Lisa Lisa, LaToya, Niki Harris, Irene Cara, Pointer Sisters, Sheila E., Ronnie Spector, Donna Summer, Debbie Allen, Martha Wash, RuPaul? Could have included so many in thisl? Powerful, I like it. The essence of them is there!

Sade is mentioned with her real name Helen Folasade Adu.

41 minutes ago, steady75 said:

There is zero slight or shade from Bey here. It’s all love. 

Of course.

I quite can't fathom how people would think this is a bitch move. The effort, the money, the risk... it's not worth it.

The pettiness.

Look yourself in the mirror, maybe you need a behaviour check.

1 hour ago, RUADJAI said:

It helps quiet the narrative that M exploited ballroom culture for her own gain as something malicious or predatory. 

Haters gonna hate. These accusations came out of nowhere in the 2010s. There's no need to bring them up again, they're not valid.

When M shook the world with Vogue in 1990, EVERYBODY was happy to have her as an advocate and an ally, people were very proud to be represented by an artist so iconic, powerful and unapologetic. She totally owned it.

And, unlike some previous hits, there was NO controversy AT ALL.

10 hours ago, Roy said:

Madonna is having a field trip with Material Gworl and Break My Soul remix.

She's living in the moment! 😁

I  think it's a very smart way to promote the remix albums : these 2 remixes are not really M's, and the comp comes out at a moment when M hits seem to inspire artists and a a new generation since Frozen. It says : "M's music is not from the past".

I hope we'll  get a "Finally Enough Collabs" edition eventually.

• RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic