BREAK MY SOUL (THE QUEENS REMIX) - Beyoncé & Madonna

star guardian

10 hours ago, deathproof said:

Plz

¡Quermos bailar!

“Material Gworl” wasn’t gonna do that

#getoverit

You seriously believe that Beyonce fans will suddenly listen to this remix instead support original version, not to mention many  Beyonce fans hates Madonna, they really ageist and want M to flop. It will be the same like with Levitating remix. I hope I’m wrong tho, and I think we should support both remix equally because we really don’t know what going to happen. 

21 minutes ago, PlayPause said:

FFS

Where do u get that from? Why do you feel the need to pit people against each other?

Too much positivity here.

What I’m not pitting anyone against nobody. I use Twitter and see constantly Beyonce fans hating on M, it’s not my fault. Just an example 🤷‍♂️

7 minutes ago, proxy said:

What I’m not pitting anyone against nobody. I use Twitter and see constantly Beyonce fans hating on M, it’s not my fault. Just an example 🤷‍♂️

This is just stan wars, not a serious argument being made there . Even the person that typed that knows it’s bogus.

Also B and M fan bases both have a reputation for nutty behaviour online.

I don’t know what rock that guy thinks he lives under. I’ll say most people under 30 may not be able to immediately name a song but play them Celebration and they will know atleast three to five if not more. Remember our mission! To alienate our friends, family and coworkers with Madonna any chance hahahah 

Such a joyful celebration of black excellence, ballroom culture and of course, 'queen mother' Madonna :crown:.

The words "queen", "iconic", "legend" get thrown around a lot these days but Beyoncé absolutely deserves that status. She has carried herself with such grace for the past 25 years. Her old-school showmanship and professionalism is akin to the all-time greats.

This remix manages to both reclaim the black / LGBT origins of voguing and acknowledge Madonna's key role as an ally, shutting down the harmful narrative that she was merely a "cultural appropiator". You can tell B respects Madonna and viceversa.

P.S Chart-talk: Madonna could get credited on the Billboard Hot 100 chart if the popularity of the remix surpasses that of the original in any given week. I know it's highly unlikely considering the original version of "Break My Soul" is the one played non-stop on the radio but we could give it a try buying and streaming this remix. If M doesn't get credit, well, at the very least we will secure a solo #1 single for Beyoncé at age 40, which is already a blow to ageism in pop music.

16 minutes ago, proxy said:

This f4ggot is so stupid and thinks he's being smart and quirky instead LMAOOO Imagine paying attention to stan wars f4gs like this especially if they're on Twitter, the app of braindamage at its best LOL 

5 minutes ago, Karma said:

P.S Chart-talk: Madonna could get credited on the Billboard Hot 100 chart if the popularity of the remix surpasses that of the original in any given week. I know it's highly unlikely considering the original version of "Break My Soul" is the one played non-stop on the radio but we could give it a try buying and streaming this remix.

That’s why I say that we should support both remixes because we don’t know what will happen. So if we really care about Madonna going somewhere and her exposure for new generation let’s stream and buy Saucy & Beyonce remix equally. 

4 minutes ago, Andreo said:

This remix has the chance to do good without necessarily charting or else imo, but what bothers me is how this is just a remix and not her official song. Imagine if it was the other way around and this was the lead of her album, instantaneous smash me thinks 

The song is 50% Vogue so I can understand why they didn't want it as the main single version. It would kind of take away from Beyonce.

1 minute ago, Blue Jean said:

The song is 50% Vogue so I can understand why they didn't want it as the main single version. It would kind of take away from Beyonce.

I think it's worth the risk tho, if the song is an absolute banger, then who cares? It will smash and it's good for both the sampled artist and the one who released it, or at least that's what I think (example: Hung Up sampling ABBA) 

4 minutes ago, Andreo said:

I think it's worth the risk tho, if the song is an absolute banger, then who cares? It will smash and it's good for both the sampled artist and the one who released it, or at least that's what I think (example: Hung Up sampling ABBA) 

The original song already had a recognisable sample. And Hung Up didn't include vocals from the Abba song. It just seems different to me. Maybe Vogue is just too famous to not overshadow BMS?

• RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic