BREAK MY SOUL (THE QUEENS REMIX) - Beyoncé & Madonna

star guardian

19 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

The song is 50% Vogue so I can understand why they didn't want it as the main single version. It would kind of take away from Beyonce.

It's like the main single version lacks something, like she's not willing to fully commit to the queerness this concept should have (and this remix has). Maybe 100% conscious of that and with the goal of not alienating some of the general public, of course.

But if you go there, you GO THERE. This should be the main version. It would be Beyoncé's "Hung Up", definitely.

7 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It's like the main single version lacks something

I thought the same when the single came out, like it was ok but it wasn't that powerful. When the album came out I found Break My Soul way more interesting, it fits perfectly there. The transition between Energy to Break My Soul slaps hard!

Now the remix is absolutely fire. I wish they do something to promote it!

5 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

Maybe the Katy Perry rumors are true as well.

Bitch I wish. Some people a few weeks ago were still saying this rumor is still going on and that M is planning different songs to be remade, and apparently the Katy rumor would be about Erotica or another song, I don't remember. I asked more about it but those mfs disappeared and didn't link me the rumors and leaks but the Remix Revolution rumor is still going on 

@Roy  These are the the spectrograms that you have requested (from TIDAL, no QOBUZ):

Original FLAC, 44100 Hz, 24 bit (transformed into a 192000 Hz file to see the difference):

Qtg83cE.png

Original FLAC uncompressed to Hi-Res (192000 Hz, 24 bits):

tq9tPi4.png

PS: I really love this remix. Finally a new good remix.

Just now, Aiwa08 said:

@Roy  These are the the spectrograms that you have requested (from TIDAL, no QOBUZ):

Original FLAC, 44100 Hz, 24 bit (transformed into a 192000 Hz file to see the difference):

Qtg83cE.png

Original FLAC uncompressed to Hi-Res (192000 Hz, 24 bits):

tq9tPi4.png

PS: I really love this remix. Finally a new good remix.

What's that purple haze on top? Doesn't look much of an improvement on the track if anything.

2 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Katy ain’t gonna do shit for her streams these days tbh but it would be cute all the same.

I know but idc, they're my faves and I want this to happen. Well, an original song would be better, especially knowing Katy might go the dance electronic route for her next album, but still that would be iconic. Also weren't other names rumored to be in this project as well? 

8 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Katy ain’t gonna do shit for her streams these days tbh but it would be cute all the same.

Katy is still a strong commercial figure, it's easy to fall into the trap narrative of her being a has-been but it's not true. She's currently at #33 in Spotify worldwide with 44 million monthly listeners. Of course her old songs are her main power, but some of the most recent ones are doing great too. :cute:

5 minutes ago, Roy said:

What's that purple haze on top? Doesn't look much of an improvement on the track if anything.

Not an improvement??? There is music until 40000 Hz (so you need a least a 88200 Hz file to include it). Why do you worry about the non-audio above the 40000 Hz? It has no sense.  The 44100 file only have music until the 20000 Hz, so definitely it's an  improvement.

14 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

Not an improvement??? There is music until 40000 Hz (so you need a least a 88200 Hz file to include it). Why do you worry about the non-audio above the 40000 Hz? It has no sense.  The 44100 file only have music until the 20000 Hz, so definitely it's an  improvement.

Ohhh. I got it. Sorry about that. :laughing:

• RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic