BREAK MY SOUL (THE QUEENS REMIX) - Beyoncé & Madonna

star guardian

From PopJustice just to confirm, there is no conspiracy: 

Shep Pettibone said on Facebook that Beyoncé only recorded the remix on Thursday, because Parkwood had been blowing his phone up on Friday to get approval for the sample right before it went up. 

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

The conspiracy wasn’t about Madonna not approving it, of course it’s official and has mom’s blessing. It was about how maybe B is using M’s name and the hype of both of them together but only to her own advantage.

Not to mention the smart and subtle movement of positioning herself as “queen” too at the same level of Madonna, with no one even noticing the movement at first and her using the double entendre of all the “queens” and the houses referenced in the remix too so it can been seen as “all the queens”.

But the first thing everyone sees is: Beyoncé & Madonna - The Queens Remix. So the message that sticks is: Beyoncé & Madonna are The Queens. Both queens but only one queen, Beyoncé, on the cover of the single. :Madonna009:

No other female pop artist in 30 years had the audacity before to put herself at the same level of Madonna, let alone saying it proudly to the whole world. Beyoncé is really smart doing it, no doubt about it. Kudos.

Madonna is already benefiting from it on streaming, in positive media, trending and is also actively promoting it on social media. 

In terms of 'Queen' - Madonna is the undisputed Queen of Pop, the highest selling female recording artist of all time - Beyonce is a very successful artist 25 years into her career - in a time most artists are over in less than 10 years and is referred to as a queen by her fan base and I'm not a big fan of her however she has earned her place which is rare in the last 20 years of high turn over of artists.

And the artwork is for a Beyonce single - same context as Britney not featuring M in the artwork for Me Against The Music 

Everything is good, just enjoy it 

10 minutes ago, GregVsMatt said:

And the artwork is for a Beyonce single - same context as Britney not featuring M in the artwork for Me Against The Music 

Not the same. "Me Against The Music" was Britney Spears Featuring Madonna, this remix is Beyoncé And Madonna. It's a different thing even if it looks the same.

But yeah, everything is good I guess and I'll leave the conspiracy for later future events. Stay tuned :Madonna025:

1 minute ago, Prayer said:

Not the same. "Me Against The Music" was Britney Spears Featuring Madonna, this remix is Beyoncé And Madonna. It's a different thing even if it looks the same.

But yeah, everything is good I guess and I'll leave the conspiracy for later future events. Stay tuned :Madonna025:

I think you're looking for problems that just aren't there lol

Why are people reading in to this so much ? Is it because they don’t like Beyoncé ? I don’t like or dislike her but I’m hoping it will at least give Vogue a much needed revival both song and video to to the tweens who apparently are the only demographic that matter these days 🙄🤔

37 minutes ago, Prayer said:

And I think some of you are buying the whole B hype too much. :cute:

But all good, we're in the same boat. Love. :heart:

Madonna herself called Beyoncé Queen B when she went to her concert with David and Marcy. We should stop act like 12 years stans (or little monsters). 

P.S: the whole world is clearly “buying” the whole Beyoncé Hype since Self Titled. Like it or not she changed the game like Madonna did before her, Madonna was also the inspiration for it. No artist, Madonna aside, is talked about so much every time they do something. Not Gaga, not Swift (maybe Swift a Little bit) no Perry etc. 

4 hours ago, Prayer said:

The conspiracy wasn’t about Madonna not approving it, of course it’s official and has mom’s blessing. It was about how maybe B is using M’s name and the hype of both of them together but only to her own advantage.

Not to mention the smart and subtle movement of positioning herself as “queen” too at the same level of Madonna, with no one even noticing the movement at first and her using the double entendre of all the “queens” and the houses referenced in the remix too so it can been seen as “all the queens”.

But the first thing everyone sees is: Beyoncé & Madonna - The Queens Remix. So the message that sticks is: Beyoncé & Madonna are The Queens. Both queens but only one queen, Beyoncé, on the cover of the single. :Madonna009:

No other female pop artist in 30 years had the audacity before to put herself at the same level of Madonna, let alone saying it proudly to the whole world. Beyoncé is really smart doing it, no doubt about it. Kudos.

Britney Spears has had other artists featured on her songs refer to her as Queen of pop, which is a greater insult than this to be fair

I m unsure whether to consider Queen Mother bad or not. Queen Mother’s are the mother of whoever the current queen is. Which is an honor really given the song is black empowerment but for Bey to claim Madonna as the Queen Mother. But it also signifies M is no longer the Queen. Idk, maybe that’s looking too into it. Is Queen Mother an expression used in gay culture with a different meaning by chance? I’m curious.

Does it matter?? I think Madonna fans dissect every thing and then act like petulant children when they think her 'crown' is being taken or threatened - it's childish!!

A fan is always going to think the artist they follow is the Queen or the best etc, it doesn't matter at the end of the day no one cares, why do we have to get so insecure??

Madonna is getting played at the moment and sorry it may be because of Beyoncé but just enjoy it, Vogue is back out there and it means the younger generation are discovering it and the GP are remembering it. We all know Madonna has ruined her GP appeal and every little helps to get her back out there and respected/appreciated

I'm sure the same people would be moaning here if Beyoncé had released the Track with Gaga or Mariah claiming she disrespected Madonna 

6 minutes ago, steady75 said:

This constant pitting of women against each other is deep embedded misogyny. When will some of y’all learn. These women respect each other. They have both referred to each other as The Queen. Neither are threatened. This isn’t some Hollywood money making fued a la Joan & Bette scenario. Adding fuel to a non existent fire is not going to do anyone any favours. Some of you are messy bitches who love the drama. It’s 2022. Two icons like Madonna & Beyoncé  face way more threats from the men of the world, the patriarchy and systems stacked against them than each other. 

This is a moment of celebration and coming together. Y’all need to stop it’s tired AF snd frankly exhausting. 

THANK YOU.

2 hours ago, steady75 said:

This constant pitting of women against each other is deep embedded misogyny. When will some of y’all learn. These women respect each other. They have both referred to each other as The Queen. Neither are threatened. This isn’t some Hollywood money making fued a la Joan & Bette scenario. Adding fuel to a non existent fire is not going to do anyone any favours. Some of you are messy bitches who love the drama. It’s 2022. Two icons like Madonna & Beyoncé  face way more threats from the men of the world, the patriarchy and systems stacked against them than each other. 

This is a moment of celebration and coming together. Y’all need to stop it’s tired AF snd frankly exhausting. 

Hope we all can have this same celebratory, non-judgmental and mature attitude when she collaborates with unknown or less known artists too.

If she's only praised when she's next to someone that some people consider is at her level - or a level they see fit for Madonna -, like Beyoncé, then maybe is not embedded misogyny but it is definitely embedded classism.

We've spent months reading complaints, jokes and bad comments from the fandom towards Sickick, Fireboy DML, 070 Shake and lately Saucy Santana. Even about Dua Lipa back in 2020; Maluma, Swae Lee and Quavo in 2019, etc. etc.

But God forbid no ones says anything in this forum that questions Beyoncé, of course. Hypocrisy much?

The Beyoncé cult and hype is what's frankly exhausting. My last post about it, don't want to rain on your parades and, as I said before, I love the remix too so this is all pointless. Checking out :Madonna036:

1 hour ago, gafuller said:

I m unsure whether to consider Queen Mother bad or not. Queen Mother’s are the mother of whoever the current queen is. Which is an honor really given the song is black empowerment but for Bey to claim Madonna as the Queen Mother. But it also signifies M is no longer the Queen. Idk, maybe that’s looking too into it. Is Queen Mother an expression used in gay culture with a different meaning by chance? I’m curious.

Queen and Mother are frequently used, but not together.  Is it possible there's a comma in there to make it Queen, Mother?

"Queen Mother" is nothing but total respect. The Mothers of the Ballroom Houses are the foundation. The leader. The mentor. The fact that it's a Madonna sample and she is the only white woman to be found here....this is Beyonce giving M her flowers. 

P.S. The title is also great wordplay. They are both Queens. The rap is transformed to celebrate legendary black queens in music. And finally its a mix for The Queens. The fans that will stand by them til the end.

• RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic