BREAK MY SOUL (THE QUEENS REMIX) - Beyoncé & Madonna

star guardian

1 hour ago, Fabiolous said:

Madonna is the Queen of pop.

Beyoncé doesn't even make pop music.

Are you being facetious? Many of Beyonce's biggest hits fall under the Pop category. Hell, Break My Soul is clearly a dance/house POP song ffs. 

I'm not usually one of those SJW/triggered types, but I've noticed similar microaggressions on social media where some folks will say that certain artists like Rihanna or Beyonce don't count as Pop artists, with the subtle implication being that because they're Black women, their songs must go into the Hip Hop or R&B category instead of being labeled as Pop. It's annoying and just plain wrong.

I did not want to wake up this morning and have to defend Beyonce of all people, whom I find very overrated, but I felt like I had to give y'all a piece of my mind.

12 minutes ago, Nahual said:

Are you being facetious? Many of Beyonce's biggest hits fall under the Pop category. Hell, Break My Soul is clearly a dance/house POP song ffs. 

I'm not usually one of those SJW/triggered types, but I've noticed similar microaggressions on social media where some folks will say that certain artists like Rihanna or Beyonce don't count as Pop artists, with the subtle implication being that because they're Black women, their songs must go into the Hip Hop or R&B category instead of being labeled as Pop. It's annoying and just plain wrong.

I did not want to wake up this morning and have to defend Beyonce of all people, whom I find very overrated, but I felt like I had to give y'all a piece of my mind.

Better it was you than me

Just now, MattyMads said:

It's like we live in a parallel universe :Madonna034: 

I think we can agree that it's not sabotage on MATERIAL GWORLLLLLLLL. If anything, it's like another main course that we did not expect but was delivered to us as a special treat. 

Still, we win because we get to have more Madonna content for us to stream in anticipation of FEL deluxe. :D

2 minutes ago, Roy said:

I think we can agree that it's not sabotage on MATERIAL GWORLLLLLLLL. If anything, it's like another main course that we did not expect but was delivered to us as a special treat. 

Still, we win because we get to have more Madonna content for us to stream in anticipation of FEL deluxe. :D

Exactly we have 2 new Madonna tracks/remixes to tide us over to FEL which is fast approaching :Madonna019:

2 hours ago, Prayer said:

Hope we all can have this same celebratory, non-judgmental and mature attitude when she collaborates with unknown or less known artists too.

If she's only praised when she's next to someone that some people consider is at her level - or a level they see fit for Madonna -, like Beyoncé, then maybe is not embedded misogyny but it is definitely embedded classism.

We've spent months reading complaints, jokes and bad comments from the fandom towards Sickick, Fireboy DML, 070 Shake and lately Saucy Santana. Even about Dua Lipa back in 2020; Maluma, Swae Lee and Quavo in 2019, etc. etc.

But God forbid no ones says anything in this forum that questions Beyoncé, of course. Hypocrisy much?

To be honest @Prayer, I don't understand this. I don't like to post complaints, but I loathe the remixes with Sickick, Fireboy DML, 070 and Saucy Santana, for only one reason: I hate that kind of music (with or without Madonna).

I only have one song made by Beyoncé in my playlist (Crazy in Love). Only one. And I love Dua Lipa. It's not a question classism. It's a question of music. As simply as that. 

58 minutes ago, xavier said:

Of course B makes pop songs but she is primary labeled more RnB.

Because she’s Black? Remember everybody thought Madonna was black when she released Everybody. Her first two album were made by “r&b” producers, basically most of Madonna’s albums have some “black music” inside, dance/disco/house  music IS black music. Doesn’t mean Madonna is “more r&b”. Also Pop is not really a music genre:

Pop music continuously evolves along with the term's definition. According to music writer Bill Lamb, popular music is defined as "the music since industrialization in the 1800s that is most in line with the tastes and interests of the urban middle class."The term "pop song" was first used in 1926, in the sense of a piece of music "having popular appeal".

Since Beyoncé is not some obscure independent artist her music is POP even when it’s more hip hop or r&b infused.

6 minutes ago, vadge said:

Queen Mother has a slightly different meaning in this context. "Mother" (as aave/gay slang) is often used as a synonym for queen, originator, blueprint etc. Mother + Queen is like the ultimate mother, ultimate queen. It's definitely a compliment.

See, I knew I was onto something there hahah. Thanks!

Look Bey definitely comes through as more of a Hip-Pop artist rather than a tradition “pure” pop whatever that is. 
Michael was the king of pop and he’s black. Janet & Whitney too. Pop artists. 
Beys journey through music came from inspiration through artists such as En Vogue and TLC and is married to arguably the most important man in Hip Hop so I get it to some degree. 
but she IS a pop artist. She’s hella popular. The most in the world right now undoubtedly.
I’ve never found  Beyoncé annoying. The hive however are hard to swallow a lot of the time and turn me away at times. The quality of Beys artistry and music however has only gone from strength to strength. After years of accusations of thievery music wise and having no political stance whatsoever she has more than made up for that in the last decade or so and moved away from the man hater label she gained but even if she hadn’t she’d still be putting out good stuff. Her quality control is great. 

But pop music evolves. Bey has incorporated hip hop into her music in the same way Madonna has constantly pulled from the dance music genre. Why is Madonna not hailed as the queen of dance? 

I just think it benefits us all to paint in broader brush strokes. 

As for Madonna’s string of collaborations in the last decade, show me another artist who doesn’t.

Ariana, Gaga, Katy, Rihanna, Bey, Kylie, Madonna, Dua… anyone big pop artists. Everyone is exploiting algorithms and the power of duel fan basis. 

I’ve had zero problem with any of Madonna’s collabs as long as I think they’re good. I personally don’t care for the frozen remixes (fireboy one is decent), it was just the amount of them that seemed over opportunistic at points but who the hell am I?

Her two poorest collabs in my opinion were Justin and Britney who aged like milk to these ears, but again they were moments for her so who cares. 

9 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Look Bey definitely comes through as more of a Hip-Pop artist rather than a tradition “pure” pop whatever that is. 
Michael was the king of pop and he’s black. Janet & Whitney too. Pop artists. 
Beys journey through music came from inspiration through artists such as En Vogue and TLC and is married to arguably the most important man in Hip Hop so I get it to some degree. 
but she IS a pop artist. She’s hella popular. The most in the world right now undoubtedly.
I’ve never found  Beyoncé annoying. The hive however are hard to swallow a lot of the time and turn me away at times. The quality of Beys artistry and music however has only gone from strength to strength. After years of accusations of thievery music wise and having no political stance whatsoever she has more than made up for that in the last decade or so and moved away from the man hater label she gained but even if she hadn’t she’d still be putting out good stuff. Her quality control is great. 

But pop music evolves. Bey has incorporated hip hop into her music in the same way Madonna has constantly pulled from the dance music genre. Why is Madonna not hailed as the queen of dance? 

I just think it benefits us all to paint in broader brush strokes. 

As for Madonna’s string of collaborations in the last decade, show me another artist who doesn’t.

Ariana, Gaga, Katy, Rihanna, Bey, Kylie, Madonna, Dua… anyone big pop artists. Everyone is exploiting algorithms and the power of duel fan basis. 

I’ve had zero problem with any of Madonna’s collabs as long as I think they’re good. I personally don’t care for the frozen remixes (fireboy one is decent), it was just the amount of them that seemed over opportunistic at points but who the hell am I?

Her two poorest collabs in my opinion were Justin and Britney who aged like milk to these ears, but again they were moments for her so who cares. 

Bey is Hip Pop

M is more Hip Op

Love how Beyonce has paid homage to our Queen with this song.  I'm soaking up all what Madonna is serving us lately.  Though, I do wonder if @Prayerhas a bit of a point though.  Beyonce benefits here the most. This remix will help the original chart better.  Nothing wrong with that, but here's my question?  Why hasn't Madonna's "Vogue" started to surge up the digital/streaming platforms?  Maybe someone who pays closer attention to those 'numbers' can tell us if that is starting to happen?  I've always felt when an old song gets some love whether it's through a popular film, tv serious or an homage like this, the original song rebounds in some capacity.  But that's not happening here?

6 minutes ago, Ch3rish said:

I've always felt when an old song gets some love whether it's through a popular film, tv serious or an homage like this, the original song rebounds in some capacity.  But that's not happening here?

I agree with you, but notice the remix is not making big numbers so far, the opposite, it's making the numbers of a whatever remix. It has potential and it's got hype but so far nothing that makes you think Vogue should benefit already as well imo

1 minute ago, Andreo said:

I agree with you, but notice the remix is not making big numbers so far, the opposite, it's making the numbers of a whatever remix. It has potential and it's got hype but so far nothing that makes you think Vogue should benefit already as well imo

I only bring it up since I see  the remix went #1 on Itunes in about 11 countries and it seems to have generated a lot of attention.  It's just strange that Vogue hasn't started seeing increases.  

• RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic