BREAK MY SOUL (THE QUEENS REMIX) - Beyoncé & Madonna

star guardian

31 minutes ago, Ch3rish said:

Well I'm sure it being her first original solo studio album since 2016, probably played a huge role.  That and the other mixes and EP, pushed it over the top.  I'm sure this latest remix with Madonna will guarantee a second week at the top. 

Not really...single ladies was in 2008. That was the last time she had a solo number one that wasnt her featured or jumping on someone's remix. People obviously like the song nothing to do with M.

"Formation" missed out on becoming a #1. It was a Tidal-only exclusive for several months, and the video was unlisted on youtube and could only be accessed via a link on her website. As a result it charted in the Bubbling Under. It wasn't until the albums official release that it recharted at #10, thanks to it's sales on itunes when it was finally available.

Beyonce and her team just didn't care about chart positions for a long time. Remember when selftitled came out? They serviced 2 singles at the same time, all to different radio formats. Radio ended up picking "Drunk in Love" as the main lead.

2 hours ago, Alpha said:

Lol that's what happens when it's just hype although its interesting this is Beyonce's 6th number 1 and her first in 14 years. 

Her last 2 albums were widely acclaimed and successful though. So this is not a comeback of any kind. If anything she established herself as a legend in that period.

32 minutes ago, deathproof said:

"Formation" missed out on becoming a #1. It was a Tidal-only exclusive for several months, and the video was unlisted on youtube and could only be accessed via a link on her website. As a result it charted in the Bubbling Under. It wasn't until the albums official release that it recharted at #10, thanks to it's sales on itunes when it was finally available.

Beyonce and her team just didn't care about chart positions for a long time. Remember when selftitled came out? They serviced 2 singles at the same time, all to different radio formats. Radio ended up picking "Drunk in Love" as the main lead.

Formation definitely had the impact of a massive #1 song , didn't know that it peaked at #10 due to a technicality not making it a bigger chart hit

7 minutes ago, deathproof said:

It’s crazy! Very stubborn on her and her teams part. 

I don’t think a tally of #1’s on the irrelevant billboard chart means anything to todays generation. So they prioritized things correctly.

This is the woman that stopped the world with a Coachella performance. And sells out stadiums.

1 minute ago, Blue Jean said:

I don’t think a tally of #1’s on the irrelevant billboard chart means anything to todays generation. So they prioritized things correctly.

but it's been the same in the past as well, Into The Groove was massive in the US and it wasn't even released as a single.... Don't Speak by No Doubt was one of the biggest songs of a decade and it was also not released properly as a single in the US.

3 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

This is the woman that stopped the world with a Coachella performance. And sells out stadiums.

I agree. And I think that’s a point she’s trying to make.

But we and her fans still live in the world of “stan wars.” 9 #1s will always sound better than 8 #1s.

26 minutes ago, androiduser said:

but it's been the same in the past as well, Into The Groove was massive in the US and it wasn't even released as a single.... Don't Speak by No Doubt was one of the biggest songs of a decade and it was also not released properly as a single in the US.

Mmm but in the 90's and 2000's a measure of an artist's popularity was all about billboard charts and album sales. Today popularity is measured very very differently.

8 hours ago, Alpha said:

Not really...single ladies was in 2008. That was the last time she had a solo number one that wasnt her featured or jumping on someone's remix. People obviously like the song nothing to do with M.

You're moving the goalposts; you previously said "this is Beyonce's 6th number 1 and her first in 14 years". Which is factually incorrect since she had two other #1s between Single Ladies and Break My Soul. You only mentioned the "solo" qualification in this post. Not that I see why it matters whether her last hit was a solo #1 or a featured credit #1. A #1 single is a #1 single no matter how some people try to spin it. 

I do find it a little amusing that some people were previously saying that this remix would help boost the song to #1 and implying that Madonna was being generous to help out Beyonce... even though the song just went #1 on its own. Nevermind that Madonna's streaming numbers are diminutive when it comes to new songs because some of y'all still refuse to stream her new songs en masse, so the song almost certainly wouldn't receive much of a boost from this remix anyways. This is just a cute little side project meant to show mutual respect between two artists.

On 8/7/2022 at 5:20 PM, Prayer said:

A remix with almost no vocals from Madonna and another artist shouting all over an instrumental Madonna track is what we were looking for?

Joking, I love "Break My Vogue" and I love that she could get a hit out of this, but let's be real too. :Madonna009:

I like the new B rap lines, except:

Missy, Diana, Grace Jones
Aretha, Anita, Grace Jones

Nothing rhymes with orange (quote). REALLY?!

I like the Vogue Remix even if it's already used and some "VOGUE" filtered vocals;
I do hate the original Vogue vocals copy/pasted on the song.

IMHO it's quite a shit.. general speaking.

But am I listening it again and again? Yes

• RUADJAI featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic