BREAK MY SOUL (THE QUEENS REMIX) - Beyoncé & Madonna

star guardian

Back in the 80s Madonna always had mutiple projects on the boil and the charts.  Into the groove and Crazy for you for example. 

Didnt mean she dumped the Like A Virgin album.  We have just got used to traditional first single, album, tour cycle.

It's some fans who need to only focus on one at a time.  Lets enjoy both for what they are. A huge artist nodding to Madonna's influence on her and a fun track she re-recorded for pride. We also have the FEL comp and the promo for that.  Good times.

Imagine if she was just off making the movie and it was just crickets here

I don't see The Queens Remix much of a Madonna release or a "Madonna project".   Though, I still am excited she's been included part of Beyonce's new era.  Madonna gets a lot of exposure from it.  I'm sure Madonna isn't complaining by all the attention she and her catalog can get from it. 

7 hours ago, Alpha said:

Err nobody said this was a comeback. This is just her first number 1 in years.

Ok well since Madonna fans are always putting other artists down to try and prop up Madonna I just assumed that’s what was going on here. I have read some very delusional comments in this thread eg, Beyoncé is trying to sabotage Madonna, Beyoncé is using Madonna to get to #1 and so on.

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

Ok well since Madonna fans are always putting other artists down to try and prop up Madonna I just assumed that’s what was going on here. I have read some very delusional comments in this thread eg, Beyoncé is trying to sabotage Madonna, Beyoncé is using Madonna to get to #1 and so on.

Ah ah you know what they say when you ASSume things. Ironically i saw a video from someone who liked Bey saying that she released it cuz of what Saucy said about Blue Ivy so it's pretty delusional to think delusion is only in this thread and only pertains to Madonna fans. I actually would have to say this remix is only a big deal to Madonna fans. Everywhere else it's only about Bey. 

Also...is Bey now the first woman in her 40s to have a #1 song since Sia's Fun Cheap Thrills? Not sure if Mariah counts since that Xmas song was sung when she was in her 20s.

2 hours ago, Ch3rish said:

I don't see The Queens Remix much of a Madonna release or a "Madonna project".   Though, I still am excited she's been included part of Beyonce's new era.  Madonna gets a lot of exposure from it.  I'm sure Madonna isn't complaining by all the attention she and her catalog can get from it. 

Err is her catalog getting attention from it though? 

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

I don't think it's getting any attention at the moment, but I do think that this is an important step in the process of re-establishing (rebuilding? reinforcing?)  Madonna's legacy. It's a remix of a #1 song by a huge artist, the remix will be here forever.

10 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Also...is Bey now the first woman in her 40s to have a #1 song since Sia's Fun Cheap Thrills? Not sure if Mariah counts since that Xmas song was sung when she was in her 20s.

Actually, Mariah does count.  Doesn't matter when it was recorded. Just as if Kate Bush scored #1 with Running Up That Hill.  She would be considered the oldest living artist to score a #1.  

11 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Well, that was my question when I noticed Vogue hasn't seen a boost.  You'd think the song that was heavily sampled in a popular remix would see a sudden rise in streams and sales, even if it's a slight boost.  Makes me wonder that maybe the remix isn't as popular among the general public, and only has gotten to #1 on Itunes and done fairly well with streams because two highly popular entertainer's fans have been streaming and buying the hell out of it.  I think most know it doesn't take a lot of sales to get to #1 on Itunes.  

1 hour ago, Ch3rish said:

Actually, Mariah does count.  Doesn't matter when it was recorded. Just as if Kate Bush scored #1 with Running Up That Hill.  She would be considered the oldest living artist to score a #1.  

Well, that was my question when I noticed Vogue hasn't seen a boost.  You'd think the song that was heavily sampled in a popular remix would see a sudden rise in streams and sales, even if it's a slight boost.  Makes me wonder that maybe the remix isn't as popular among the general public, and only has gotten to #1 on Itunes and done fairly well with streams because two highly popular entertainer's fans have been streaming and buying the hell out of it.  I think most know it doesn't take a lot of sales to get to #1 on Itunes.  

I think that is a bit of a cheat since those two songs going to number 1 had nothing to do the artist themselves but a holiday and a tv show and are really novelties. With Beyonce giving credit where credit is due. An original song that is on a new album...and recorded when she's in her 40s not in her 20s.

As for Vogue...dare I say people have even less incentive now to stream Madonna because if they wanna hear Vogue they'll just stream Beyonce now since they really don't have any connection or commitment to Madonna.

1 hour ago, androiduser said:

I don't think it's getting any attention at the moment, but I do think that this is an important step in the process of re-establishing (rebuilding? reinforcing?)  Madonna's legacy. It's a remix of a #1 song by a huge artist, the remix will be here forever.

I think its good for OPTICS...but like i said people who wanna hear Vogue now will just stream Beyonce now...and really, the sample could've been ANY 90s house song. 

It was a purchase-only song on the Friday it was released. It missed out on being added to “New Music Friday” playlists. It’s very popular with the people who have listened to it, it just hasn’t reached beyond the general fans yet. Which is a shame. Cause I don’t think it can be added to those New music playlists anymore

• Enrico unfeatured this topic
11 hours ago, Alpha said:

In theory they COULD also discover Madame X...IN THEORY 

Not a "theory".  Vogue should have increased in streams and sales.  If Queens Remix has gone beyond the M's fan base, then it should have seen a spike.  Maybe it will in time, but in a lot of cases when something big comes along and either uses an artist's song (such as Kate Bush's from Stranger Things), etc., the song gets a boosts.  Beyonce' is a very popular artist, so I would have thought Vogue the song should have started trending and gotten some sales/streams attention.  But there is Nada!  Nothing!  That is a bit peculiar, don't you think?  A massive song like Vogue being used in a song by a massive star like Beyonce' should have gotten some attention  beyond the remix. 

Not a "theory".  Vogue should have increased in streams and sales.  If Queens Remix has gone beyond the M's fan base, then it should have seen a spike.  Maybe it will in time, but in a lot of cases when something big comes along and either uses an artist's song (such as Kate Bush's from Stranger Things), etc., the song gets a boosts.  Beyonce' is a very popular artist, so I would have thought Vogue the song should have started trending and gotten some sales/streams attention.  But there is Nada!  Nothing!  That is a bit peculiar, don't you think?  A massive song like Vogue being used in a song by a massive star like Beyonce' should have gotten some attention  beyond the remix. 

You are talking like beyonce fans will like vogue they could not care less and some are watching her video and saying beyonce brought me here but it wont have much impact ! Madonna is a very controversial figure and popularity contests is not her thing anymore she said this in madame x tour she is way past all that now ! We fans should accept it too like she has and just be happy that she is getting praised by beyonce ! You think if madonna wanted a hit single she would be doing collabs with the people she is collaborating with ? Her fans clearly dont support her collabs but she still does them anyway ! Makes me sick that they get a hardon over the beyonce collab because she is popular but snub her collabs with less known artists