BREAK MY SOUL (THE QUEENS REMIX) - Beyoncé & Madonna

star guardian

44 minutes ago, Madge said:

You are talking like beyonce fans will like vogue they could not care less and some are watching her video and saying beyonce brought me here but it wont have much impact ! Madonna is a very controversial figure and popularity contests is not her thing anymore she said this in madame x tour she is way past all that now ! We fans should accept it too like she has and just be happy that she is getting praised by beyonce ! You think if madonna wanted a hit single she would be doing collabs with the people she is collaborating with ? Her fans clearly dont support her collabs but she still does them anyway ! Makes me sick that they get a hardon over the beyonce collab because she is popular but snub her collabs with less known artists 

No, that isn't what I'm talking about.  If you read my earlier posts, you would know that I was talking about Madonna should have gained more streams and sales from Vogue by now.  Not because of Beyonce fans, after all I get the impression Madonna and Beyonce fans are pretty much the same people.  I'm referring to if the remix is popular among the general public.  If so, I would think Vogue would gaining more streams/sales and there is no evidence of that. 

I actually agree that it's frustrating that fans are far more excited by this than any of the other collabs, but that tells me Beyonce and Madonna fans are one in the same pretty much.  Not only that, some fans just don't like the other collaborators.  I think what confuses me how some fans say, she should work with unknown people and when she does, they say, "Who is this? Why is she working with these nobodies?"   I mean; pick a lane already.  Either enjoy the fact she's not just hopping on every popular artist at the moment (which she easily could) or stop complaining she's working with unknowns.  LOL!

4 hours ago, Ch3rish said:

Not a "theory".  Vogue should have increased in streams and sales.  If Queens Remix has gone beyond the M's fan base, then it should have seen a spike.  Maybe it will in time, but in a lot of cases when something big comes along and either uses an artist's song (such as Kate Bush's from Stranger Things), etc., the song gets a boosts.  Beyonce' is a very popular artist, so I would have thought Vogue the song should have started trending and gotten some sales/streams attention.  But there is Nada!  Nothing!  That is a bit peculiar, don't you think?  A massive song like Vogue being used in a song by a massive star like Beyonce' should have gotten some attention  beyond the remix. 

Did Robin S “Show Me Love” increase in streams and sales when BMS first came out in June?

4 hours ago, Ch3rish said:

Not a "theory".  Vogue should have increased in streams and sales.  If Queens Remix has gone beyond the M's fan base, then it should have seen a spike.  Maybe it will in time, but in a lot of cases when something big comes along and either uses an artist's song (such as Kate Bush's from Stranger Things), etc., the song gets a boosts.  Beyonce' is a very popular artist, so I would have thought Vogue the song should have started trending and gotten some sales/streams attention.  But there is Nada!  Nothing!  That is a bit peculiar, don't you think?  A massive song like Vogue being used in a song by a massive star like Beyonce' should have gotten some attention  beyond the remix. 

Lol yes...in THEORY like i said but like i also said...now people really don't have a reason to stream Vogue, they'll just stream Beyonce. It doesnt surprise me in the slightest. 

1 hour ago, Madge said:

You are talking like beyonce fans will like vogue they could not care less and some are watching her video and saying beyonce brought me here but it wont have much impact ! Madonna is a very controversial figure and popularity contests is not her thing anymore she said this in madame x tour she is way past all that now ! We fans should accept it too like she has and just be happy that she is getting praised by beyonce ! You think if madonna wanted a hit single she would be doing collabs with the people she is collaborating with ? Her fans clearly dont support her collabs but she still does them anyway ! Makes me sick that they get a hardon over the beyonce collab because she is popular but snub her collabs with less known artists 

Thank you.

4 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Lol yes...in THEORY like i said but like i also said...now people really don't have a reason to stream Vogue, they'll just stream Beyonce. It doesnt surprise me in the slightest. 

Just tells me those who have streamed and bought this are mostly Madonna fans!  Maybe that will change if the remix gets more attention outside the fan bases. 

1 hour ago, Madge said:

The Beyonce collab is just easier on the ear than the Frozen remixes or the Pride tracks, I don't mind Beyonce and I love Vogue it's not rocket science.

6 minutes ago, Ch3rish said:

Just tells me those who have streamed and bought this are mostly Madonna fans!  Maybe that will change if the remix gets more attention outside the fan bases. 

Madonna AND Beyonce fans. And this got ALOT of attention on social media, even the thank you card...this just makes Madonna more obsolete especially when the remix is literally just a karaoke track. Beyonce could literally shit in a church over a rotting corpse and the fans would still buy it and yell YASSS QWEEEEEEN YOU'RE SO DEEP AND ARTISTIC! so thats where the streams for the remix are coming from along with Madonna fans.

beyonce fans are too busy supporting beyonce why would they support madonna ? Madonna fans be busy bashing madonna to death and not supporting her new remixes and supporting beyonce more than madonna because she has done a commercial album etc i dont know what happened to madonnas fan base but i think it comes from her not doing what they want her to do and the sad thing is the more they demand things of her the more she wont do them so we will never get a ray of light part 2 or a confessions part two ! Im confused as to how and why she has not recorded a solo song with no collabs etc she was in the studio why couldnt she have done that ! I dont think we will see another studio album from her for a very long time because she is under no obligation to make one ! We may get the odd song here and there though ! I cant help but wonder if she feels some of her fans are racist so this is why she does music with rappers etc etc to point the hypocrisy and racism out ! I do wonder if she likes us at at all lol 

she could easily make a great pop record she clearly still has it but it seems she does not want to after rebel heart which had great pop tracks ! 

she could have made a great solo track out of that synth used on material gworll now i bet some other artists will use it ! Didnt mike say he created that new synth for the record ?

Edited by Madge (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Because Break My Soul samples Show Me Love.

That I didn't know.  I really haven't listened to the original version much.  Not really a fan of it.  Have no idea if "Show me Love" got any extra attention, but then again, with the Queens Remix, Beyonce sings over the Vogue instrumental and uses Madonna's vocal throughout the remix.  :)

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Madonna AND Beyonce fans. And this got ALOT of attention on social media, even the thank you card...this just makes Madonna more obsolete especially when the remix is literally just a karaoke track. Beyonce could literally shit in a church over a rotting corpse and the fans would still buy it and yell YASSS QWEEEEEEN YOU'RE SO DEEP AND ARTISTIC! so thats where the streams for the remix are coming from along with Madonna fans.

Just to be clear, I have no problem with those fans who enjoy Beyonce!  The comments I brought up are simply about how I'm a little disappointed Vogue hasn't gotten more love since this Beyonce Remix dropped.  I prefer to stay out of the stan wars if that is what this is all about?  Though,  I respect the fact you have your opinions about this.  :)

18 minutes ago, theglamorous said:

The Beyonce collab is just easier on the ear than the Frozen remixes or the Pride tracks, I don't mind Beyonce and I love Vogue it's not rocket science.

I get it madonna fans dont like trap music ! I dont know how i feel about the remix to be honest ! I love the synth and madonnas vocals in material gworl but im not too sure of his vocals but its so refreshing to hear madonna without the autotune over kill she had on madame x ! I wish it was just a madonna song 

All the fans losing it with "Break My Vogue"... I get it, but we don't need to go that far back really when we have "IDSIF" in 2019, "Living For Love" in 2015, etc. etc. It's not like Madonna and dance music are enemies, you know.

"I Don't Search I Find" is the perfect example of how Madonna could do another full dance album if she wanted to (she once said in an interview that she can do dance songs "in her sleep", like they come most easy to her).

The thing is, she doesn't want to, that's not challenging enough for her at this point of her life. And after 40 years, you can't blame her, she's earned to do whatever she wants to do.

4 minutes ago, Ch3rish said:

Just to be clear, I have no problem with those fans who enjoy Beyonce!  The comments I brought up are simply about how I'm a little disappointed Vogue hasn't gotten more love since this Beyonce Remix dropped.  I prefer to stay out of the stan wars if that is what this is all about?  Though,  I respect the fact you have your opinions about this.  :)

You have to remember too beyonce is no spring chicken in the music industry she wont be getting the massive streams that like that horror lizzo has or ariana ! The roll out of the song break my soul was very good but i dont think the song will reach a audience like kate bush classic song did (the teen audience) 

11 minutes ago, Madge said:

beyonce fans are too busy supporting beyonce why would they support madonna ? Madonna fans be busy bashing madonna to death and not supporting her new remixes and supporting beyonce more than madonna because she has done a commercial album etc i dont know what happened to madonnas fan base but i think it comes from her not doing what they want her to do and the sad thing is the more they demand things of her the more she wont do them so we will never get a ray of light part 2 or a confessions part two ! Im confused as to how and why she has not recorded a solo song with no collabs etc she was in the studio why couldnt she have done that ! I dont think we will see another studio album from her for a very long time because she is under no obligation to make one ! We may get the odd song here and there though ! I cant help but wonder if she feels some of her fans are racist so this is why she does music with rappers etc etc to point the hypocrisy and racism out ! I do wonder if she likes us at at all lol 

she could easily make a great pop record she clearly still has it but it seems she does not want to after rebel heart which had great pop tracks ! 

she could have made a great solo track out of that synth used on material gworll now i bet some other artists will use it ! Didnt mike say he created that new synth for the record ?

Beyoncé fans are busy supporting her because they’re aligned in taste with what she’s putting out. 
Meanwhile Madonna has done an album that most of her fans didn’t enjoy and all these side projects that are catered to an audience outside her fan base. 
Also her fans are older and have specific expectations. While Beyoncé also caters to a younger audience that’s more open to embrace experimentation.

22 minutes ago, Prayer said:

All the fans losing it with "Break My Vogue"... I get it, but we don't need to go that far back really when we have "IDSIF" in 2019, "Living For Love" in 2015, etc. etc. It's not like Madonna and dance music are enemies, you know.

"I Don't Search I Find" is the perfect example of how Madonna could do another full dance album if she wanted to (she once said in an interview that she can do dance songs "in her sleep", like they come most easy to her).

The thing is, she doesn't want to, that's not challenging enough for her at this point of her life. And after 40 years, you can't blame her, she's earned to do whatever she wants to do.

And I'm not necessarily a big fan of IDSIF or LFL.  But she's had other dance songs that I still enjoy and I agree it's not like she's abandoned that genre.  If anything, she keeps expanding.  That's what an artist does if they want to continue to grow with the current music scene and gain newer fans.  And frankly, I feel that's what she's always done her whole career. Each album she's put out is pretty different from the last. It includes the latest trends and sounds.  And I can relate to some fans who enjoy a certain era or album and wish she would remain in that lane because I'm not a big rap/hip hop fan, but I quite enjoy most of her songs, even the ones that feature rappers.  I don't think Madonna would still be as big is she is; if she hasn't evolved with her music.  I guess that's what makes her so polarizing because she triggers a lot of people, but at the same time, she isn't afraid to experiment with new sounds, genres and artists. 

You are so right; she's been doing this 40 years, so she earned the right do whatever she wants.  She's been losing and gaining fans ever since transitioning from Like a Virgin to True Blue.  She's been doing this for too long for her whole fan base to ditch her.  She's done so much that she'll always will have fans... and old ones will come back to her as well because she'll eventually come back to a sound they like.  The proof is in those albums some fans aren't necessarily fond of, but have found one or two songs from it that they do enjoy.  For Instance, I know a lot of fans dislike MDNA, but I think most fans agree they really love Beautiful Killer! That's just one example that she serves up something for everyone these days.

Edited by Ch3rish (see edit history)

8 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Beyoncé fans are busy supporting her because they’re aligned in taste with what she’s putting out. 
Meanwhile Madonna has done an album that most of her fans didn’t enjoy and all these side projects that are catered to an audience outside her fan base. 
Also her fans are older and have specific expectations. While Beyoncé also caters to a younger audience that’s more open to embrace experimentation.

Yes i agree but i just think madonna fans are not as supportive of her anymore or maybe its the streaming era or maybe they think she is too old i feel with age they too have become what madonna has always stood up against which is really ironic ! I dont think the shift happened with madame x i think it was rebel heart or even as far back as hard candy ! I can totally understand why she is wanting to reach a younger audience but what  i dont understand is why she chooses only remixes i mean dua lipa - i just know for a fact she was asked to be on the original song but madonna being madonna said “ no that is too basic i will be on a remix “  what a wasted opportunity that was because it was a hit song :( 

21 minutes ago, Madge said:

Yes i agree but i just think madonna fans are not as supportive of her anymore or maybe its the streaming era or maybe they think she is too old i feel with age they too have become what madonna has always stood up against which is really ironic ! I dont think the shift happened with madame x i think it was rebel heart or even as far back as hard candy ! I can totally understand why she is wanting to reach a younger audience but what  i dont understand is why she chooses only remixes i mean dua lipa - i just know for a fact she was asked to be on the original song but madonna being madonna said “ no that is too basic i will be on a remix “  what a wasted opportunity that was because it was a hit song :( 

Wait, what about the Dua thing? It's the first time I read about Dua wanting Madonna for the original, it was always the remix as far as I know.

We could discuss the fans disconnecting from her or her from the fans forever. Why. How. For how long. But she's always been moving on. Always. The only difference is most of the fans seem to have stopped moving on with her and also she hasn't won new generations since 2008-2010, probably. She had it in 2005, she had it in 1998. She needs new fans to keep the ball rolling. There hasn't been a generational replacement for so long and the youngest fans are always the most dedicated.

I think it's just normal that she tries new things and also to connect with younger people. The oldest fans want "Vogue Part V" from her and she simply doesn't.

11 minutes ago, Madge said:

I've not even watched the last Frozen remix video, it's not for me. Like the Saucy Santana track, I'm not interested in the lyric video since I don't like the song. I don't feel compelled to automatically like everything M is attached to. There are plenty of other artists releasing new music that I listen to, and just because I don't enjoy this recent stuff doesn't mean I stop enjoying the older stuff.

Thats the thing though i think madonna fans have grown out of supporting her while younger artists will have stans that will support them no matter what ! I always find the fans of her old music are the most horrible towards her too i kind of wish they wouldnt even claim to be fans ! They are all over social media “ we want the old madonna back “ etc etc ! They do nothing but drag down forums too in my opinion and make it unpleasant for madonnas real fans that support her now ! I like the frozen videos and i watched them even if i was not a massive fan of the remixes because i like watching madonna :) why didnt you want the videos?

12 minutes ago, Prayer said:

We could discuss the fans disconnecting from her or her from the fans forever. Why. How. For how long. But she's always been moving on. Always. The only difference is most of the fans seem to have stopped moving on with her and also she hasn't won new generations since 2008-2010, probably. She had it in 2005, she had it in 1998. She needs new fans to keep the ball rolling. There hasn't been a generational replacement for so long and the youngest fans are always the most dedicated.

I think it's just normal that she tries new things and also to connect with younger people. The oldest fans want "Vogue Part V" from her and she simply doesn't.

It's been happening ever since the transition from LAV to True Blue.  Before True Blue, she had so many more female fans.  Many of them were considered "Wannabes".  In fact, I recall girls when I was young who were in awe of her during LAV era, who stopped liking her once True Blue came out.  Meanwhile, she gained a lot more fans, especially more of a gay following.  Another shift happened with Erotica because I feel by then, she dropped most straight male fans.  With each new era, there seemed to be another drop and gain.  I also remember when Music came out, and riding on a bus of young teenagers; the overhead radio started to play "Music" and everyone yelled to turn it off.  LOL!  Then we have some fans who hang on from era to era whether they like an era or not.  So yeah, she's always had fans come and go.  I really believe a lot of that is because she doesn't stick to the same formula for each new album. She takes the risk.  However, it's far more riskier these days because older artists have a harder time attracting younger audiences.  But that doesn't stop her from trying.  She remains part of what hip and fresh, even though her older fans may detest it.  Though, that's how she's always been. She continues to move on, but some fans get stuck in an era or two and can't evolve with her.  Though in my eyes, the Madonna I first became awe of is still there.  She's just evolved and I feel I've done so as well.  This is why I can enjoy what she does today as much as what she produced in years past.

14 minutes ago, Madge said:

Thats the thing though i think madonna fans have grown out of supporting her while younger artists will have stans that will support them no matter what ! I always find the fans of her old music are the most horrible towards her too i kind of wish they wouldnt even claim to be fans ! They are all over social media “ we want the old madonna back “ etc etc ! They do nothing but drag down forums too in my opinion and make it unpleasant for madonnas real fans that support her now ! I like the frozen videos and i watched them even if i was not a massive fan of the remixes because i like watching madonna :) why didnt you want the videos?

Not all older fans, but I do get what you are saying.  But keep in mind, she's been doing this for 4 decades, so an older fan can be as far back as ROL or Confessions now.  And some of the fans of those records aren't fans of what she's producing now, nor liked the material she put out prior.  But trust me, she has an eclectic bunch of fans.  Also, there are far more fans of Madonna who aren't as active on social media or her fan forums.  As we all know, social media brings out the worst in some.  I remember all the stan wars.  Every time a new female artist started to get very populsr or closer to breaking Madonna's records or selling more albums/singles than her, the claws started to come out.  There have been numerous stan wars between female artists, but the two biggest with Madonna have been Mariah Carey and Lady Gaga.  While we still see hints of that, it's not as bad as it used to be. Also, we still see some fans looking for any "shade" to assume some animosity between the artists.  Anyway, my point being is; Madonna has a diverse fan base.  I think the most vocal ones and those who come off "unpleasant" are far and few compared to those who are still big fans of hers.  They just don't speak up as much nor prefer to participate in the chaos and animosity some create.  So don't fret too much about it.  She still has a huge base that will always support her. The positive is she's working hard to reach new generations and staying current with the technology that helps promote her work.

I thought about it for a long time and my brain formed a theory: Madonna collaborates with these unknown or new artists who think that Madonna is doing them a favor by rolling her eyes on them because then she can be in control during the whole creative process and impose her own ideas and that's what Madonna likes because her ego is abysmally bigger than her humility. Something that she could not do if she collaborated with more established and important artists worldwide who would also try to impose their own ideas or perhaps contradict her ideas, something that she hates. This has been demonstrated in the films she has made (except for Evita, where she submitted to the director's orders because she knew that this film was not going to be a mess like the previous ones she made before or those that came after), in the filming of her music videos and even in the photo sessions (except for Ray of Light where Mario Testino was not daunted by her diva attitude and somehow managed to submit her to his instructions).

And I don't like her latest collaborations because she barely appears in them and I feel like I'm listening to the guest artist more than to Madonna herself, something similar to Did you do it? From the album Erotica for those who don't remember it. Not for nothing is the ugliest song and forgotten by most Madonna fans and tell me otherwise if it is not. And I prefer the Beyonce remix not because I really like it but because between it and Material Gworrlll I choose the Beyonce remix because it seems the least worst to me which is not the same as saying it's the best, so I don't feel like I'm betraying Madonna by preferring the "other Queen of music" remix.

6 hours ago, Prayer said:

The thing is quite simple: If Madonna explicitly wants to make music for TikTok/Kids, that's okay, but I don't see any reason why fans should support that, if they are horrified by that stuff and prefer a catchy Madonna tribute by Beyoncé.

It's not about anyone wanting Madonna to constantly remake Hung Up, Like a Prayer or Vogue either. She should just make good music - and oddities like Cardi Rosé, SickSick or Gwurl are really not something many fans want to remember.