BREAK MY SOUL (THE QUEENS REMIX) - Beyoncé & Madonna

star guardian

16 minutes ago, Prayer said:

But then why some people here get defensive when we bring out the other part, the remix obviously helping Beyoncé too? I just don't get that.

it's a BEYONCE release.... of course it's all done as a part of her promo.... the mere idea that some Madonna fans need to point out that the remix of a Beyonce song is helping Beyonce is ridiculous... Not to mention that the remix has new lyrics, Bey fans flocked to download something new.

13 minutes ago, androiduser said:

it's a BEYONCE release.... of course it's all done as a part of her promo.... the mere idea that some Madonna fans need to point out that the remix of a Beyonce song is helping Beyonce is ridiculous...

Yet some of you were denying it days ago and saying Beyoncé was only doing it cause she loved Madonna and B wasn't getting anything out of this, bla, bla. Now that it's #1 for a second week you admit the remix helped.

Anyway, it's not my intention to fight about Beyoncé in a Madonna forum. I think that's what's ridiculous, in any case.

Peace.

2 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Yet some of you were denying it days ago and saying Beyoncé was only doing it cause she loved Madonna and B wasn't getting anything out of this, bla, bla. Now that it's #1 for a second week you admit the remix helped.

Anyway, it's not my intention to fight about Beyoncé in a Madonna forum. I think that's what's ridiculous, in any case.

Peace.

in the end we can compare Material Gwurrrl and The Queens Remix numbers and see how man streams Madonna brings to the table.

Just now, androiduser said:

in the end we can compare Material Gwurrrl and The Queens Remix numbers and see how man streams Madonna brings to the table.

Madonna didn't bring streams to "Break My Soul", she brought digital sales to the song and that's what helped it to keep at the #1 position. In fact, streaming for "Break My Soul" went down quite a lot this week (-23%).

Read the data if you care that much about it, I posted all the official chart info from Billboard above.

32 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Personally I never said it was hurting her, of course, actually I think it's cool and good for her, obviously. She's reached a new monthly listeners peak on Spotify so I'm sure the remix it's helping her too somehow these days.

But then why some people here get defensive when we bring out the other part, the remix obviously helping Beyoncé too? I just don't get that. Shouldn't we all be happy that a Madonna song is helping Beyoncé too somehow?

That's my only point, I never attacked B or said she was shady, bla bla. I totally respect her as an artist.

I think people are upset because it’s obviously helping Beyoncé more. Which is normal since she’s the one with the lead single and putting out the song. And it’s a sample not even a duet. Madonna got a ton of crediting in it. Some peoples expectations are just ridiculous 

I am VERY protective of M.  And NOT a huge fan of Beyonce.  (I don’t dislike her or anything, just not somebody I stan huge…). That said, this is a BANGING fun remix.  Yeah, I really like what she did here.

It’s like Madonna’s turn to be Abba. (Think Hung Up.). Only Beyonce was wise and clever to repeatedly mix in plenty of Madonna’s classic vocals.  Yeah… I really am digging this track.  It’s fun.  And the Betty Davis instead of Bette Davis is genius.   Also, I love the Grace Jones repetition.  Grace is so fierce — she deserves two mentions.

Bravo, Beyonce.  This is — BY FAR! — the best reworking of a M classic yet.  And I don’t see how it will ever be topped, either.  It’s simply a gas. And Madonna’s title for it? Fucking brilliant!

Edited by Markdonna
Typos (see edit history)

• 5 months later...

Ok it’s February 2023 now, as an avid Madonna listener who has The Queens Remix in my heavy rotation Madonna playlist along with a dub and the original Vogue, I always know it’s The Queens Remix because the beautiful strings at the beginning sound fucking weird. I love the remix but the intro sounds messy. They’re like phased or garbled? Anyone know the proper term for this? Is it a studio effect? Just wanted to tack that on to this thread.

This thread makes me think about how fun this summer was, listening to this remix at the roller disco seeing all her friends arrive this summer at Central Park. Beyonce really gave us M fans a treat. Also I am so thankful we still have our beloved Infinity. ❤️ 

4 hours ago, DickTracy said:

Ok it’s February 2023 now, as an avid Madonna listener who has The Queens Remix in my heavy rotation Madonna playlist along with a dub and the original Vogue, I always know it’s The Queens Remix because the beautiful strings at the beginning sound fucking weird. I love the remix but the intro sounds messy. They’re like phased or garbled? Anyone know the proper term for this? Is it a studio effect? Just wanted to tack that on to this thread.

It's meant to have that old school, bootleg mash-up remix feel, I think. That's why it sounds a little bit "off".

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was just listening to Jay-Z’s The Black Album, forgot about this one:

it’s aged pretty well, she should have been on it but she was in full on disco goddess mode at that time if I remember correctly.

Anyway I just thought it was worth adding to the thread that both Beyonce and her equally famous husband have done Madonna songs. 

Maybe I’ll fuck around on Serato stems one day and make a version with Madonna JML acapella somehow lol