BREAK MY SOUL (THE QUEENS REMIX) - Beyoncé & Madonna

star guardian

7 hours ago, Nahual said:

I do find it a little amusing that some people were previously saying that this remix would help boost the song to #1 and implying that Madonna was being generous to help out Beyonce... even though the song just went #1 on its own.

You're right the remix didn't help boost it to #1 this current week.  But it, along with all the other remixes that have been released recently will probably help it maintain that position next week.  All those sales and streams do combine with the original.  I think it's a pipe dream to think that the remix will chart, especially to #1, when the original will benefit first being that's the version that accumulates from all the other mixes.  I believe she released various other remixes prior to the Queens Remix, so they probably helped the original increase it's point to go #1. 

Madonna's streaming numbers are diminutive when it comes to new songs because some of y'all still refuse to stream her new songs en masse, so the song almost certainly wouldn't receive much of a boost from this remix anyways. This is just a cute little side project meant to show mutual respect between two artists.

I do believe M's fanbase is streaming this remix more than Material Gworlll.  The response from the fanbase shows that with so many encouraging to stream and buy the remix.  Fans want the remix to go to #1, which again, I don't think it will being all the sales and streams will be combined with the original.  

I don't listen to current pop music apart from following Kylie and Madge, so at first it sounds like a half-assed mismatched mashup. I do like the new Vogue-esque rap. I've watched Paris Is Burning a dozen times, so I do pick up the references. :bothered:Unsure if Beyoncé is marketing her dead fashion brand with the "mother of the house" thing. Please do educate me.

15 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

Her last 2 albums were widely acclaimed and successful though. So this is not a comeback of any kind. If anything she established herself as a legend in that period.

Err nobody said this was a comeback. This is just her first number 1 in years. She hasnt had a solo number 1 since 2008 meaning people obviously like Break My Soul. As for other songs being on Tidal first...Tidal still counts for charting no? I remember there was an article about her and drake using streaming farms a few years back. And yes everything she does is acclaimed.

26 minutes ago, Jet said:

Hopefully this will silence those who thought  Beyoncé was Shading!

No one said she was shading. Some people (including myself) were just questioning IF she may be using her only to her own advantage. No wonder the remix will help her single to hold on to the #1 spot for a second week and denying that is absurd, in my opinion.

We were trying to discuss some points of the strategy but suddenly this place became Beyoncé Infinity and we were kind of shut down. But the mutual love and respect between them was never put in doubt. Beyoncé being the great artist she is neither.

12 minutes ago, Prayer said:

No one said she was shading. Some people (including myself) were just questioning IF she may be using her only to her own advantage. No wonder the remix will help her single to hold on to the #1 spot for a second week and denying that is absurd, in my opinion.

We were trying to discuss some points of the strategy but suddenly this place became Beyoncé Infinity and we were kind of shut down. But the mutual love and respect between them was never put in doubt. Beyoncé being the great artist she is neither.

Yeah, like you; I saw this was more of an opportunity for Beyonce to score a number one.  The more I learn about the charts; the more I'm convinced that the Remix won't chart in the manner some fans are hoping.  At the same time, we might see it chart on some of dance charts, but I highly doubt it will on BB100 since it's not technically the single and all the points it earns will go to the original, only helping that version to maintain a higher position on the chart.  I see it as a great promotion strategy. 

21 minutes ago, Ch3rish said:

Yeah, like you; I saw this was more of an opportunity for Beyonce to score a number one.  The more I learn about the charts; the more I'm convinced that the Remix won't chart in the manner some fans are hoping.  At the same time, we might see it chart on some of dance charts, but I highly doubt it will on BB100 since it's not technically the single and all the points it earns will go to the original, only helping that version to maintain a higher position on the chart.  I see it as a great promotion strategy. 

She would have been #1 anyway without the remix, since the counting goes from Friday to Thursday and she’s #1 this week. No one can take that from her. BUT of course it’s gonna help for this week.

I just wish Madonna would benefit from this too, as much as she could and should. Sadly I can’t see that happening: the remix single is basically hidden on both their Spotify and Apple Music profiles, Madonna is not even on the official visualizer... But she’s been played on BBC Radio 1 for the first time in ages. So let’s see.

1 minute ago, Jet said:

I was referring to all the allegations on twitter mainly by Beyoncé fans…not anything anyone had said on here ✌🏻

Well we all know Twitter is a cesspool of toxic negative energy.  Though, I am not sure how one can interpret Beyonce throwing shade at Madonna when she released a remix which uses one of Madonna's classics and even stated Madonna is  "Queen Mother".   

7 minutes ago, Prayer said:

She would have been #1 anyway without the remix, since the counting goes from Friday to Thursday and she’s #1 this week. No one can take that from her. BUT of course it’s gonna help for this week.

I just wish Madonna would benefit from this too, as much as she could and should. Sadly I can’t see that happening: the remix single is basically hidden on both her Spotify and Apple Music profiles, Madonna is not even on the official visualizer... But she’s been played on BBC Radio 1 for the first time in ages. So let’s see.

Also, I don't believe the remix is allowed to chart on the Hot 100 since it's not the proper single.  As mentioned, the remix will just contribute to original version anyway. 

Edited by Ch3rish (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, Ch3rish said:

Also, I don't believe for the remix can chart on the Hot 100 since it's not the proper single.  As mentioned, the remix will just contribute to original version anyway. 

It would chart and give Madonna a #1 on the Hot 100 ONLY if it surpassed in streams and sales this week the main album version. But with the kind of release it’s had that’s hardly gonna happen.

3 minutes ago, Prayer said:

It would chart and give Madonna a #1 on the Hot 100 ONLY if it surpassed in streams and sales this week the main album version. But with the kind of release it’s had that’s hardly gonna happen.

From what I heard and read that since it's not a proper single, it can't chart on BB100, but I hope you're right and it still can chart.  Though the chance it surpassing the original seems quite impossible because as mentioned all the streams/sales/airplay will go to the original as well. It seems rather impossible for the remix to chart (or go higher than the original) since the original gains all those points from the remixes accumulations.  Does that make sense? 

It's just too bad the fans aren't putting this much energy and interest in Material Gworll which we know can chart on BB100 since it's an entirely new song by Madonna.

I think they should do another remix where Madonna sings an actual verse...also imagine the streams if it was revealed that it was MADONNA who bit Beyonce! Actually scratch that...it would totally slay if a new remix for the next single featured both Madonna AND Raini Rodriguez! That would be #1 for YEARS! #skinnylegendsONLY

1 hour ago, Ch3rish said:

From what I heard and read that since it's not a proper single, it can't chart on BB100, but I hope you're right and it still can chart.  Though the chance it surpassing the original seems quite impossible because as mentioned all the streams/sales/airplay will go to the original as well. It seems rather impossible for the remix to chart (or go higher than the original) since the original gains all those points from the remixes accumulations.  Does that make sense? 

It's just too bad the fans aren't putting this much energy and interest in Material Gworll which we know can chart on BB100 since it's an entirely new song by Madonna.

It’s in Billboards hands.

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/18/743121439/lil-nas-x-old-town-road-billie-eilish-bad-guy-remix-billboard-charts

….That's four official versions of "Old Town Road," each of which has been listened to millions of times. But on the Hot 100, you'll only find the song's name once. That's because Billboard counts remixes, as long as they meet certain parameters, as a single entity with the original song.

"It's case by case," says Billboard senior director of charts Gary Trust, who stressed he was speaking broadly about the decision process. "But in general if it's similar in lyrics, music and production, they're rolled into one." Which means the combined hundreds of millions of listens from the four versions of "Old Town Road," two of which add new verses by the featured artists, have all been pouring into the same bucket.

12 minutes ago, deathproof said:

It’s in Billboards hands.

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/18/743121439/lil-nas-x-old-town-road-billie-eilish-bad-guy-remix-billboard-charts

….That's four official versions of "Old Town Road," each of which has been listened to millions of times. But on the Hot 100, you'll only find the song's name once. That's because Billboard counts remixes, as long as they meet certain parameters, as a single entity with the original song.

"It's case by case," says Billboard senior director of charts Gary Trust, who stressed he was speaking broadly about the decision process. "But in general if it's similar in lyrics, music and production, they're rolled into one." Which means the combined hundreds of millions of listens from the four versions of "Old Town Road," two of which add new verses by the featured artists, have all been pouring into the same bucket.

Thanks for posting this.  I read something similar to this yesterday.  Now the question here is; will Billboard consider the remix separately? It does have a significantly different sounding production and music.  The lyrics aren't all different but between Vogue lyrics and the new hollywood call rap, it could be considered.  It would be awesome if it's allowed to chart.  

I still doubt the remix will gain enough points to get to number one nor surpass the original version.  I'd be perfectly content if it charted in the top 40 and even more if it managed top 10. 

The date of the release has been updated from July 26th to August 5th on Apple Music, so now the remix shows as Latest Release on Beyoncé’s Apple Music profile (not on Madonna’s, since “Finally Enough Love” is showcased there).

I guess this date update will appear on Spotify soon too?

3 hours ago, Prayer said:

There literally were comments here of Beyoncé allegedly "trying to sabotage Madonna" and the release of "Material G-something" she had put out on Friday too. 

Delusional, yes, but they were made nonetheless.

3 minutes ago, artlover said:

There literally were comments here of Beyoncé allegedly "trying to sabotage Madonna" and the release of "Material G-something" she had put out on Friday too. 

Delusional, yes, but they were made nonetheless.

some comments on YouTube are even worse.... the delusion is real.... some people think it's still 1990

• Enrico unfeatured this topic