Don't tell me that Madonna saved your life and then....

Sultrysully

not to mention that you spend your money buying her cds, vinyl, merch and other things to support your artist and when you see madonna on the street and ask her for an autograph she just hits you and looks at you saying who the fuck are you? and there was all your love and wasted money! :Madonna030:

13 hours ago, devilpray said:

let me get a torrent just to piss you off

You being a thief doesn't piss me off, not in the slightest.

14 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

Someone needs to work on their thread titles

I don't even understand your comment.  I understand that it is an attempt at humor but I don't get it.  

41 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

There’s more ways to support an artist than paying for digital files. 
For example I spent hundreds of dollars on FEL records and merch. Are you telling me I’m not supporting the artist if I illegally download the digital high res album?

Also you forget that with streaming anytime you play a song you’re supporting the artist

Are you supporting farmers if you only steal apples and oranges?  

Madonna (the bilionairess) is not the only one getting paid.  She is not getting the lion's share of any purchase.  Many people work on the production, distribution and art on every one of her releases.  My point  was that there is so much talk on this forum about downloading stuff (because of expense or that it is not good enough) and the two new singles are literally only $1.29 each.  If you don't like the songs, fine, then stream them legally once (to lnow for sure) and move on.  As for all of the infantile talk of gangbanging... grow the fuck up and learn how to be a decent human being 

I haven't bought a physical Madonna product since the "Give It To Me" maxi single. But she got my pennies for everything she put out up til then. Surely enough to provide a case of Kabbalah Water and a sensible macrobiotic lunch. When she starts having yard sales in Central Park for the Basquiats in her bathroom then maybe I'll start to worry bout poor starving artist, Louise Ciccone.

32 minutes ago, Pootz333 said:

I haven't bought a physical Madonna product since the "Give It To Me" maxi single. But she got my pennies for everything she put out up til then. Surely enough to provide a case of Kabbalah Water and a sensible macrobiotic lunch. When she starts having yard sales in Central Park for the Basquiats in her bathroom then maybe I'll start to worry bout poor starving artist, Louise Ciccone.

Madonna is not the only one getting paid and they all don't live in mansions.  

24 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

Buying Like a Prayer does not entitle you to Champagne Rose.  It is a perfect analogy.  

And also this not 2003 anymore. People don’t have to illegally download or buy a product. Generally people stream legally and only buy what they only truly care about. 
I’m pretty sure 95% of the people here gave Madonna a very generous revenue overall regardless of what they downloaded 

15 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

As for all of the infantile talk of gangbanging... grow the fuck up and learn how to be a decent human being 

I really don't think that was something aimed at you. 

Anyway, even if so many people disagree in a nasty way, I want to thank you for the argument that the money we spend doesn't all go to M, it's distributed to a lot of people who work hard for the end result.

9 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

You being a thief doesn't piss me off, not in the slightest.

I don't even understand your comment.  I understand that it is an attempt at humor but I don't get it.  

It's not an attempt at humor, it's literal. The title of this thread is very unclear and means nothing. You should be able to tell what the thread is about from the title. This one is just messy, like this whole thread to be honest

20 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

Don't act all high and mighty. we all downloaded the rebel heart demos when they originally leaked.

people in glass houses really shouldn't throw stones

That's the one thing I never did. I had this odd moment. Then again I wasn't that invested in that album. 

I've bought and own, multiple physical formats of her albums, singles and remixes all throughout her career.  I've been to numerous concerts and bought a lot of merchandise.  Some of the newer albums, I have bought digitally along with the physical copies.  No way, I am going to re buy all her catalog digitally when I can just easily add to my digital collection by ripping it if I took the time.  So I see no difference if I cut corners and download the music I already own.  If someone has bought nothing of hers, and only downloaded her music for free, then I'd say 'shame' on them.  I'm betting very few people here fall under that category.