Madonna will celebrate her birthday in Syracuse, Italy

SalvoPK

1 minute ago, SalvoPK said:

hoping they will reveal more information in the next few days... "dress rehearsal" suggests something "public" and not private... I live two hours by car from the place indicated, and if it's worth it and I'll be sure to see her, I might think about going there

Hopefully you do so that you can spill the tea on what happened on M's birthday. :D

It's not dress rehearsals. The Italian says "general rehearsals". This idiom is used to mean dress rehearsals for shoes, but also just any kind of rehearsal for anything really.

My understanding is that the staff at the location where she will be staying will "rehearse" for her arrival. I'm pretty sure welcoming a guest of her caliber calls for extraordinary measures that the staff needs to learn and practice. 

15 minutes ago, MadameX said:

Well, She used to throw a costume party on her birthday, so maybe a rehearsal for that?

image.png.0ddb5becf6658d33292ed82a59c5c3f8.png

something like this. I don't think there's something special thing going on.

What year was this? Seems like she's wearing what appears to be the corset in the Reinvention Tour.

1 hour ago, Andreo said:

So happy to know she loves Italy! She comes here so often (twice in my city, often in Italy overall) I might have the chance to meet her one day (last year she was downtown in my city, Lecce, while I was at the beach, I'm still so frustrated by missing her like that :rip:

Italy is fabulous, one of my fave countries I’ve been to

19 hours ago, Andreo said:

So happy to know she loves Italy! She comes here so often (twice in my city, often in Italy overall) I might have the chance to meet her one day (last year she was downtown in my city, Lecce, while I was at the beach, I'm still so frustrated by missing her like that :rip:

Well she's italian so, as she's getting older it's only natural she will feel attracted back to her roots. No matter how american she got during her life, blood and genes are stronger and will get the upper hand eventually.

42 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

Well she's italian so, as she's getting older it's only natural she will feel attracted back to her roots. No matter how american she got during her life, blood and genes are stronger and will get the upper hand eventually.

Yeah it happens often for people to come back to their roots the more they grow. 

Also, Italy outsold, periodt 💅🏻 

I remember being absolutely gagged when Madonna moved to London a little while after I did. I never got to bump into her though but being alive in London late 90’s early 00’s knowing we were hussling in the same city felt all kinds of right. She left a few years after me too when we both realised the party was over. 

8 minutes ago, Fabiolous said:

Madonna is 100% American though. She was born in America by American parents, spent almost all of her life in America and doesn't speak Italian or know about Italian culture. She's definitely not Italian. It's interesting how Americans think about their ancestry.

Hmmm yes but she is one of eight kids. Traditions and cultures pass down through your parents and your wider family. I don’t need to be in Ireland to know I’m Irish. You get told soon enough by other indigenous kids in the neighbourhood who you are before you know. I was raised in the UK with Irish grandparents both sides and an Irish father and English mother who had lived in Ireland as a child. To the world we present as English but any family parties, sayings and values and family structures are propa Irish. 
I don’t think I need to know the lyrics to Wild Rover or the backstreets of Dublin to be a son of Ireland. It’s not quite as clear cut hey xx

3 hours ago, Fabiolous said:

Madonna is 100% American though. She was born in America by American parents, spent almost all of her life in America and doesn't speak Italian or know about Italian culture. She's definitely not Italian. It's interesting how Americans think about their ancestry.

I’m sure she knows a lot about Italian culture. 

• Enrico featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic