Materials vs. Breakvoguers - Let's VOTE!

Prayer

MATERIAL GWORLLL or BREAK MY VOGUE  

108 members voted

1. 1. Pick your fave latest release:

• MATERIAL GWORRLLLLLLLL!
    • BREAK MY SOUL (THE QUEENS REMIX)

Last Friday we were blessed with not one but TWO Madonna related releases: "MATERIAL GWORRLLLLLLLL!" with Saucy Santana and the surprise release of "BREAK MY SOUL (THE QUEENS REMIX)" with Beyoncé.

This, instead of uniting the Madonna community in a celebration, set apart two types of fans: with the more old school fans choosing the Beyoncé mash-up instead of the latest current trends represented by the "Material" remix or the latest "Frozen" remixes.

Now it's your time to VOTE. And if you don't vote, you're gonna get a spanky!

ob_68d284_madonnarockthevote.gif

Did you just wake up from a coma and don't know what we're talking about? Listen to both here:

• Prayer changed the title to Materials vs. Breakvoguers - Let's VOTE!

I voted for "BREAK MY SOUL (THE QUEENS REMIX)" but not for the Vogue sample. I voted for "BREAK MY SOUL" because it a nice song/remix/whatever. To me "Material Gworrllllll!" is only noise, but I don't hate it (that award belongs to "Bitch, I'm Madonna"). In my opinion "Material Gworrlllllll!" is fun to dance in the disco when you are drunk with your friends, but nothing more. 

PS: Material Gworrllllll! is not a "Material Girl" remix (it has nothing of the original recording). It's a new song. A tribute.

33 minutes ago, Aiwa08 said:

I voted for "BREAK MY SOUL (THE QUEENS REMIX)" but not for the Vogue sample. I voted for "BREAK MY SOUL" because it a nice song/remix/whatever. To me "Material Gworrllllll!" is only noise, but I don't hate it (that award belongs to "Bitch, I'm Madonna"). In my opinion "Material Gworrlllllll!" is fun to dance in the disco when you are drunk with your friends, but nothing more. 

PS: Material Gworrllllll! is not a "Material Girl" remix (it has nothing of the original recording). It's a new song. A tribute.

It definitely borrows from the original (and the original writers are credited) even though it's not a remix in the classical sense of the word. Let's say it's a new song or interpretation coming from the original.

I voted from "MATERIAL GWORRLLLLLLLL!". I love the Beyoncé mash-up too but it's just that: a mash up with "Vogue", nothing new from our girl. "MATERIAL GWORRLLLLLLLL!" at least includes new lines and vocals from Madonna (and she sounds quite good, I must say).

If Madonna had sung much longer, my vote would have been for Material Gworrlllllllllllllll since those 30 seconds in which Madonna starts rapping seem insufficient to me and I want to continue listening to her rap even more. By the way, I find it quite curious that despite the fact that I hate this musical genre (hip hop/rap) the feeling changes when it is Madonna who raps. The same thing happened to me with American Life and God Control. Maybe it's a contradiction or maybe it's because it's Madonna that I decide to put aside my musical hatreds but I have to admit that when Madonna raps she does it very well and her fine and pleasant voice helps a lot in it.

A full album of Madonna singing in that genre wouldn't seem so far-fetched to me to be honest, I even feel like I'd accept it without question. And to be honest, how many rappers would like to have Madonna's melodious voice and not the big voice with which they were born and that personally hurts my ears.