Britney & Madonna collaboration may be happening..........

xavier

Finally a collaboration that is worth listening to!  Good news to know that these two music legends will meet again. I always liked Britney, in fact she was the only artist who had my approval to be Madonna's successor: she had a melodious and pleasant voice without being the great voice, she was charismatic because everyone loved her, she danced very well and was wildly beautiful.

Her albums Blackout and Femme Fatale revolutionized the music of that time but unfortunately she stopped publishing catchy songs and lost some relevance at least here in Latin America (specifying the place so as not to be insulted later as it happened with Beyonce fans) but it's never too late to come back strong to the music. And I'm sure that the final product of this collaboration will be of quality and a real pleasure for my ears, which are already somewhat deteriorated with these latest releases.

40 minutes ago, androiduser said:

not really sure about the credibility of the article... it's just assumptions and hearsay based on the fact that both Madonna and Britney did a collaboration with other artists

It sounds like Elton’s PR person wrote it.

“Madonna has been begging for a collab but Britney chose to do one with me first and is so grateful for me offering selflessly to help her.”

14 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

It sounds like Elton wrote it.

“Madonna has been begging for a collab but Britney chose to do one with me first and is so grateful for me offering to help her.”

meanwhile, some Madonna fans here are saying the same thing about Madonna helping out a long forgotten Beyonce :laughing:

oh no , the dream of seeing her with shakira kylie christina and more.. fades with time, I think she can do something big and professional with them, especially in the 2000s, but I think Madonna's ego didn't allow it. . I think matm was a fiasco, there is no essence of madonna there..just a nice melody ..it always seemed like a copy of janet/michael like the whole career of Miss. spears.. whatever🙊

...again? They already did MATM during what was arguably Britney's career peak and yet look how that song turned out. I'm just not eager for more collaborations; I'm not even keen on Madonna's increasing habit of adding other artists to her remixes or songs in general, because I personally haven't enjoyed any of them and I doubt another Britney duet would change my opinion. 

10 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

It sounds like Elton’s PR person wrote it.

“Madonna has been begging for a collab but Britney chose to do one with me first and is so grateful for me offering selflessly to help her.”

Helping her out, that’s ridiculous… Britney’s first new song in 6 years would be huge anyway! Actually he is the one who will benefit from the collaboration, the same way he did with Dua Lipa. He just can‘t live without dissing M…

12 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

If it’s something that is appropriate and organically approached, sure. If it’s a cash in on the media/public interest in Britney like Elton is doing, please no.

The woman has been through hell and she's finally ready to create again.

Why the hell does her working with Elton = cash in?!

47 minutes ago, Scor-pi-o said:

Helping her out, that’s ridiculous… Britney’s first new song in 6 years would be huge anyway! Actually he is the one who will benefit from the collaboration, the same way he did with Dua Lipa. He just can‘t live without dissing M…

I know, I was mocking the article as that's basically what it says

5 hours ago, ScottyX said:

I hope it does happen. I personally loved me against the music. We all differ.

Me too. I loved it back then and still love it now, it‘s fun and tongue-in-cheek.

Personally I would have preferred Britney‘s 1st new song in 6 years to be a solo one or at least a collab with another female icon.

I’ll always loathe Me Against The Music. 
it’s the first time in her career I ever thought Madonna looked utterly desperate. Obviously the huge American Life backlash completely knocked her for six and she had to do something to get back in the publics good graces but the public smelled the blood of an ageing star for the first time and things would never be quite the same again. 

In truth it could have been an absolute moment but the song is a dud and the video was choices. 
Now had they dueted on another song from that album such as Breathe On Me / Touch Of My Hand or even Outrageous. All very Madonna sounding / subject matter we’d have had a bonafide smasha. MATM is poor. 

Drag in the “quick let’s remind them of an oldie but goldie” gap ad cringe. 
I think the whole of the below summed it up as the glamourous already posted. 

6 hours ago, steady75 said:

I’ll always loathe Me Against The Music. 
it’s the first time in her career I ever thought Madonna looked utterly desperate. Obviously the huge American Life backlash completely knocked her for six and she had to do something to get back in the publics good graces but the public smelled the blood of an ageing star for the first time and things would never be quite the same again. 

In truth it could have been an absolute moment but the song is a dud and the video was choices. 
Now had they dueted on another song from that album such as Breathe On Me / Touch Of My Hand or even Outrageous. All very Madonna sounding / subject matter we’d have had a bonafide smasha. MATM is poor. 

Drag in the “quick let’s remind them of an oldie but goldie” gap ad cringe. 
I think the whole of the below summed it up as the glamourous already posted. 

I LOVE "Me Against The Music" - and the video*! - but agree with everything you said.

"American Life" truly changed everything for her and I remember when the Britney rumors started no one believed it could be true. And then it happened. Up until that point she had NEVER released a feat. single with another artist, they always remained album cuts. It was a first... and certainly it wouldn't be the last.

It worked for her, though, she brought a good amount of Britney fans in for her next album... "Confessions", anyone?

*I find the video HILARIOUS. You can tell how she didn't want to be there - and still served. There were lots of issues between her and the director, she was pissed off all the time if you watch the making of. Dustin Roberston, Aviddiva, talked about it for MadonnaTribe:

http://www.madonnatribe.com/idol/aviddiva.htm

MT: You also edited the video for "Me Against The Music". The collaboration between Britney and Madonna is one of the most discussed moves in Madonna's recent career - some fans really like it and some can't stand it. What do you think about it?

DR: Oh - my, what juicy questions… YIKES! Madonna threatened to take herself out of that video at one point! 
She did NOT get along with the director on that video, PAUL HUNTER, either. She had already worked with him on the GAP spot and had not had a good experience. 
I remember she called Paul to give him some specific notes on the video and I guess, from what Madonna told me right after, she asked him if he was writing down her comments and he said, “No, I’m DRIVING.” 
Madonna said, “FUCK YOU”, hung up and called me right away. 
That was the last video I ever cut with Paul Hunter as I sided with Madge instead of him on creative issues and the direction of Madonna’s performance in the clip. I WAS TRYING TO HELP, I SWEAR. 
I got it to a place where Madonna was happy. I think the art direction is horrible and the wardrobe is stupid… it should have been way more modern, hipper and edgier for both Britney and Madge. It was one of the weakest videos ever, that NEEDED to be strong but just wasn’t.

1 hour ago, Prayer said:

I LOVE "Me Against The Music" - and the video*! - but agree with everything you said.

"American Life" truly changed everything for her and I remember when the Britney rumors started no one believed it could be true. And then it happened. Up until that point she had NEVER released a feat. single with another artist, they always remained album cuts. It was a first... and certainly it wouldn't be the last.

It worked for her, though, she brought a good amount of Britney fans in for her next album... "Confessions", anyone?

*I find the video HILARIOUS. You can tell how she didn't want to be there - and still served. There were lots of issues between her and the director, she was pissed off all the time if you watch the making of. Dustin Roberston, Aviddiva, talked about it for MadonnaTribe:

http://www.madonnatribe.com/idol/aviddiva.htm

MT: You also edited the video for "Me Against The Music". The collaboration between Britney and Madonna is one of the most discussed moves in Madonna's recent career - some fans really like it and some can't stand it. What do you think about it?

DR: Oh - my, what juicy questions… YIKES! Madonna threatened to take herself out of that video at one point! 
She did NOT get along with the director on that video, PAUL HUNTER, either. She had already worked with him on the GAP spot and had not had a good experience. 
I remember she called Paul to give him some specific notes on the video and I guess, from what Madonna told me right after, she asked him if he was writing down her comments and he said, “No, I’m DRIVING.” 
Madonna said, “FUCK YOU”, hung up and called me right away. 
That was the last video I ever cut with Paul Hunter as I sided with Madge instead of him on creative issues and the direction of Madonna’s performance in the clip. I WAS TRYING TO HELP, I SWEAR. 
I got it to a place where Madonna was happy. I think the art direction is horrible and the wardrobe is stupid… it should have been way more modern, hipper and edgier for both Britney and Madge. It was one of the weakest videos ever, that NEEDED to be strong but just wasn’t.

Thank you. That's really interesting. Never knew this... It all makes sense.

Back in the day, I did a mashup of the vocals from MATM with the instrumental of Kelis "Milkshake". And another one with a Black Strobe instrumental. Wish I could find them. They're probably on hear somewhere.

I do think M's appearance was at least something to talk about at the time. I've seen a lot of people say they find the Britney only version superior. But that as a solo lead single would have baffled me. It's got nothing on the other tracks from In The Zone.

Matm was ok ! I liked the remix that is on FEL ! It wasnt the horrible nightmare some people here are making out lol i didnt like the video much i mean britney was busting some great dance routines and madonna was humping the floor lol i liked parts of the video ! I hope this rumour is not true because of what the other member said she will be accused of hopping on the britney bandwagon ! Elton will get away with it of course though 

Edited by Madge (see edit history)