Madonna has been wearing grillz for a decade

eXtremeOccident

10 hours ago, androiduser said:

maybe the other teeth pushed the front teeth closer with age, it happened to me when I was 32 or something like that, I had a gap just like M and now it's barely visible

Same. I bet that’s what happened. And I’ve noticed her bottom teeth are crooked as well which indicates the same thing happened to her bottom teeth.

As people age, the skin between the nose and upper lip lengthens. This results in the upper lip actually getting longer and thinner, turning downward and thus inward. And It makes your philtrum looks longer. And it makes you look more older. 

However, if you wearing grillz on your upper teeth, the inclination angle of the philtrum increases and the philtrum looks shorter. And it has the effect of making you look young.

I think that's the real reason Madonna can't give up on grillz and is obsessed with grillz.

I don't love the grilz but I can deal with it.  I am a little surprised that she has not been called out (not suggesting that she should) for cultural appropriation as it tied so closely to modern Hip Hop.  Grillz have a lengthy history outside of the 1980's U.S. induction in to Hip Hop but I doubt that Madonna is paying tribute to the ancient Etruscans (Italy) or the Mayans (pre-Columbian Americas).  

8 hours ago, MadameX said:

As people age, the skin between the nose and upper lip lengthens. This results in the upper lip actually getting longer and thinner, turning downward and thus inward. And It makes your philtrum looks longer. And it makes you look more older. 

However, if you wearing grillz on your upper teeth, the inclination angle of the philtrum increases and the philtrum looks shorter. And it has the effect of making you look young.

I think that's the real reason Madonna can't give up on grillz and is obsessed with grillz.

Interesting.  I also thought that they might be some sort of form of adult braces while not trying to look like one is wearing adult braces.  Anyway, I am convinced that it is not about fashion.  

She loves to irritate people and she does not exclude her fans like she explained on the madame x tour ! I dont think if the fans or people would have reacted to them as they did and do she would even bother wearing them ! She is clearly making a statement 

5 hours ago, Madge said:

She loves to irritate people and she does not exclude her fans like she explained on the madame x tour ! I dont think if the fans or people would have reacted to them as they did and do she would even bother wearing them ! She is clearly making a statement 

she's also been irritating people by being late on stage....  how's that for a statement :eyes:

She's had bonding or veneers carried out on her front-most top teeth in the last 15-20 years, filling the gaps a little.

Let's face it, when you're filthy rich and bored, teeth jewelry is just another accessory to show off your wealth with.

Then there's the ghetto-fly black culture angle that she's obviously tapping into...

5d8241796f24eb0dd74bde75

9 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

I don't love the grilz but I can deal with it.  I am a little surprised that she has not been called out (not suggesting that she should) for cultural appropriation as it tied so closely to modern Hip Hop.  Grillz have a lengthy history outside of the 1980's U.S. induction in to Hip Hop but I doubt that Madonna is paying tribute to the ancient Etruscans (Italy) or the Mayans (pre-Columbian Americas).  

She was called out years ago. It's old now and we see more of her grillz than her real teeth these days. 

Madonna's Grill at the 2014 Grammys Was Really Not Okay

‘Hunger Games’ Star Criticizes Taylor Swift, Madonna for ‘Rampant’ Appropriation of Black Culture

Madonna’s Grill Is Not On Fleek

Madonna, Drake, and the Entitlement of White Women

The Ladies Madonna

18 hours ago, artlover said:

Even the golden Erotica tooth could be seen as a form of grillz. There are one-piece grillz out there. I love the,m, really, look fly. Just not so much on her.

The thing is; I don't remember fans or even the general public was bothered she sported the gold tooth.  It worked well with the era.  To me, Madonna is very much involved with a genre that she isn't most popular with among a lot of her fans.  That would be R&B, Rap and Hip hop.  Yet, a lot of her music and image has incorporated such. It's weird to hear fans object to it, because she's always welcomed more than just "white" pop music.  She's quite diverse.  She moves with the times, but I think there are certain fans who can't, so they get upset when she doesn't go that direction they like the most of her.  The thing is; Madonna has NEVER been consistent with one look, style and genre.  So it's a little weird to me that long time fans would be upset by any change she makes.  Those who focus on a specific era or two, it's not that surprising because it's obvious, they are looking for a 2.0. and up until now, I have never seen Madonna do such.  The closest to such is "Material Gworllls", but even that I feel is an attempt to reach to a younger generation which Madonna has always done from day one.

43 minutes ago, Ch3rish said:

The thing is; I don't remember fans or even the general public was bothered she sported the gold tooth.  It worked well with the era.  To me, Madonna is very much involved with a genre that she isn't most popular with among a lot of her fans.  That would be R&B, Rap and Hip hop.  Yet, a lot of her music and image has incorporated such. It's weird to hear fans object to it, because she's always welcomed more than just "white" pop music.  She's quite diverse.  She moves with the times, but I think there are certain fans who can't, so they get upset when she doesn't go that direction they like the most of her.  The thing is; Madonna has NEVER been consistent with one look, style and genre.  So it's a little weird to me that long time fans would be upset by any change she makes.  Those who focus on a specific era or two, it's not that surprising because it's obvious, they are looking for a 2.0. and up until now, I have never seen Madonna do such.  The closest to such is "Material Gworllls", but even that I feel is an attempt to reach to a younger generation which Madonna has always done from day one.

I think a lot of fans get upset because they read what other non fans say about her etc etc and i also think a lot of fans are a touch ageist against her which is really ironic i think they think she is too old to be cool or ghetto or maybe dare i say it racist and they see the grills as a black fashion object ! I think madonna is very aware of this and this may be why she does it even more ! Shes just pictured her new grill on her instagram you know like we all love them lol i dont think its because she thinks she has ugly teeth because she doesnt have ugly teeth ! She has good teeth 

Edited by Madge (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, Madge said:

I think a lot of fans get upset because they read what other non fans say about her etc etc and i also think a lot of fans are a touch ageist against her which is really ironic i think they think she is too old to be cool or ghetto or maybe dare i say it racist and they see the grills as a black fashion object ! I think madonna is very aware of this and this may be why she does it even more ! Shes just pictured her new grill on her instagram you know like we all love them lol i dont think its because she thinks she has ugly teeth because she doesnt have ugly teeth ! She has good teeth 

My thought is that she is highly polarizing.  She continues to reach out to newer generations with each era, but some get stuck in that era they love the most. It's understandable to a point.  But I've learned as a fan, very early on, she doesn't stick to one formula.  What is crazy to me is those who get upset when she works with hip hop or urban artists when that has been part of who she's been from day one.  There were times she went with the times, but most of all, she stuck her neck out and risked her career, by going against the norm.  Like A prayer album began that journey, which confused those who love True Blue album and that era of fans. The same goes between albums like ROL and Confession versus American Life and Hard Candy.  They all contrast each other.  So some fans can't wrap their head around an artist who can produce such a POP/Dance album, only to turn around to produce an R&B/Hip Hop album.

I think she knows she cannot be popular anymore as she was so she does the opposite of trying to be liked, as a defense.

In reality the ageist is she. She hates being older and she is not confortable in her own skin, in my opinion. I don´t see balanced as she seemed before, anymore, nor her work is.

5 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

I think she knows she cannot be popular anymore as she was so she does the opposite of trying to be liked, as a defense.

In reality the ageist is she. She hates being older and she is not confortable in her own skin, in my opinion. I don´t see balanced as she seemed before, anymore, nor her work is.

Lool as you saying she is trying to save face ! Shes always been like this and how the hell is she ageist ? Jesus christ !  She is deffo not trying to be liked lol

infact being disliked is prob something she thinks adds to her artistry and she believes artists are here to disturb the peace and with that comes a cost of offending people 

kylie tries to be liked not madonna 

i swear i dont think some of you are even fans on this page 

Edited by Madge (see edit history)