Madonna has been wearing grillz for a decade

eXtremeOccident

2 minutes ago, Madge said:

Lool as you saying she is trying to save face ! Shes always been like this and how the hell is she ageist ? Jesus christ !  

Noo she was a total pro before, and worked her ass harder than anybody in the industry. Now she does not and it shows.

57 minutes ago, Drownedboy said:

Noo she was a total pro before, and worked her ass harder than anybody in the industry. Now she does not and it shows.

She has a bigger family now , she still works hard ! She was in studio a lot for madame x and was in rehearsal a lot for the tour and she just wrote a screen play for a movie ! She doesnt work out a lot though if you mean that 

Edited by Madge (see edit history)

9 minutes ago, Unapologetic Sergio said:

I was shocked to hear she said she has ugly teeth (Late night show), I think she has wonderful teeth, love that gab too. I like some of the grills, not all. 

I think this may have been scripted as it was a funny moment when he agreed with her ! Well i hope its this cos she does not have ugly teeth and if she really thought this she would have had them fixed and got veneers etc ! I think she genuinely likes wearing them and a plus for her is that they irritate people including her fans which she is very aware of ! I wonder who tells her how fans feel and if they even should be telling her because we all sound like a bunch of racist judgemental people who treat her like a performing monkey lol. Racist because of the time fans jump to a conclusion she is making a hip hop rap record because she works with a black producer or song writer ! If she read this forum she would prob cry 

21 minutes ago, Unapologetic Sergio said:

I was shocked to hear she said she has ugly teeth (Late night show), I think she has wonderful teeth, love that gab too. I like some of the grills, not all. 

I really don't believe she was serious when she said that.  Still, I remember a lot of people commented about her teeth as far back as the 80's, saying, "she needs to fix that gap".  Imagine living your whole life with that sort of society thinking?   I wouldn't blame her for feeling insecure about them as she may have been giving a hard time about them from an early age.  The thing is; I would think she would have had them fixed very early on in her career if she had an issue with them.  But I don't believe she was being serious when she said what she said on the show.  

4 hours ago, Unapologetic Sergio said:

I love her gap. :heart:I have one too and it's fun to play with it with one's tongue. Her teeth are *not* ugly, and she hasn't whitened them either to the extenct that they look like a whole new set.

10 minutes ago, into the erotico said:

i am not being negative. She has fallen short of stories. The lies she said about LAV performance

Lies ? Whatever 

i think its because these stories are going to be part of the film 

it was hardly a interview anyway it was more like her having fun 

what struck me most in this interview is that she bragged about record sales which is usually something she shrugs her shoulders too ! I hope she continues to brag tbh because it pisses people off 

2 minutes ago, Madge said:

Lies ? Whatever 

i think its because these stories are going to be part of the film 

it was hardly a interview anyway it was more like her having fun 

what struck me most in this interview is that she bragged about record sales which is usually something she shrugs her shoulders too ! I hope she continues to brag tbh because it pisses people off 

look, she re-writes and adapts her story again anf again. We agree in the second part of your answer

4 minutes ago, into the erotico said:

look, she re-writes and adapts her story again anf again. We agree in the second part of your answer

Does it even matter that she may add s bit of drama to a story especially when she has just wrote a screen play ! Who cares if its not entirely factual and can you ever prove she is lying ? the answer is no ! Dont believe everything you read 

19 minutes ago, into the erotico said:

I have found it interesting to hear some inconsistencies in some of her stories as well, but I also know she has far more memories of a specific moment than we've witnessed.  She has to filter through multiple rehearsals, behind the scenes antics and so on, while we just have that one specific moment.  Sure, we can ask her to go back and watch the performance or whatever, but what do we know that proves she may haven't thought a certain way that changes what we saw unraveling?  As for the first VMA performance, it very well be true she was looking for her shoes (in her mind).  She obviously kicked her shoes off for a reason, so it's possible one or both were starting to slip off.  Anyway, I"m not worried too much of her giving us inconsistencies because I don't think those things add up to much to the final outcome.  So what if she tells it as if she's looking for her shoes or the shoes slipped off.  Still won't change the fact she was rolling around on the floor, exposing her ass cheek to the world back in the day that things like that didn't happen on Primetime TV.  I think, over all, she's going to give us the goods with this Biopic.  I'm sure she's going to share so much that we don't know that will make us forget of any of the inconsisitencies that we may find. I don't think it's worth to worry about this and think that is going to make the film bomb!  I have confindence she will direct a great film about herself.  After all, she's been at the helm of her whole career, so who else better than her should tell her story and direct those actors to portray her in the way she sees fit? 

People change over time. Memories fade, little white lies become the truth, you look back with rose tinted glasses and reappraise your life through the lens of modern cultural standards. If every word you uttered and every story you ever told was documented for the last 40 years, to be discussed, analysed and dissected,  you'd probably find a shed load of inconsistencies too.  

11 minutes ago, MatterCompressor said:

People change over time. Memories fade, little white lies become the truth, you look back with rose tinted glasses and reappraise your life through the lens of modern cultural standards. If every word you uttered and every story you ever told was documented for the last 40 years, to be discussed, analysed and dissected,  you'd probably find a shed load of inconsistencies too.  

I do believe her manager told her that her career was over ! I would have loved to know what her reaction was to this and if she was scared and worried or the opposite ! I guess we will find out because that performance is deffo going to be part of the movie 

As I hear her telling that story, she puts it as if she was trying to be normal but that by accident she was on the floor and that all the showing skin was  unplanned and unexpected.

If you see the (great) performance, you see it was totally planned as she was in total control, and it was the real start of her legend: provocative, unapologetic, sexy, on the edge and a bit tacky. I don´t think anything on that performance was done by accident.

8 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

As I hear her telling that story, she puts it as if she was trying to be normal but that by accident she was on the floor and that all the showing skin was  unplanned and unexpected.

If you see the (great) performance, you see it was totally planned as she was in total control, and it was the real start of her legend: provocative, unapologetic, sexy, on the edge and a bit tacky. I don´t think anything on that performance was done by accident.

I don't know?  The performance comes off a bit spontaneous.  So it's possible she didn't plan to go to the floor like that, but at the same time I don't see it as an "accident" either.  I agree she seemed very in control, but she did search for that shoe, so in her mind she remembers she had to go to the floor to do that.  I really don't think she thought about it much and just did it. 

On 8/14/2022 at 1:47 AM, Ch3rish said:

I have found it interesting to hear some inconsistencies in some of her stories as well, but I also know she has far more memories of a specific moment than we've witnessed.  She has to filter through multiple rehearsals, behind the scenes antics and so on, while we just have that one specific moment.  Sure, we can ask her to go back and watch the performance or whatever, but what do we know that proves she may haven't thought a certain way that changes what we saw unraveling?  As for the first VMA performance, it very well be true she was looking for her shoes (in her mind).  She obviously kicked her shoes off for a reason, so it's possible one or both were starting to slip off.  Anyway, I"m not worried too much of her giving us inconsistencies because I don't think those things add up to much to the final outcome.  So what if she tells it as if she's looking for her shoes or the shoes slipped off.  Still won't change the fact she was rolling around on the floor, exposing her ass cheek to the world back in the day that things like that didn't happen on Primetime TV.  I think, over all, she's going to give us the goods with this Biopic.  I'm sure she's going to share so much that we don't know that will make us forget of any of the inconsisitencies that we may find. I don't think it's worth to worry about this and think that is going to make the film bomb!  I have confindence she will direct a great film about herself.  After all, she's been at the helm of her whole career, so who else better than her should tell her story and direct those actors to portray her in the way she sees fit? 

in some parts, we agree but I am afraid that her biopic would be a mix of syj/'woke' themes mixed with semi told stories and lies; we will see

On 8/12/2022 at 9:09 PM, Ch3rish said:

The thing is; I don't remember fans or even the general public was bothered she sported the gold tooth.  It worked well with the era.  To me, Madonna is very much involved with a genre that she isn't most popular with among a lot of her fans.  That would be R&B, Rap and Hip hop.  Yet, a lot of her music and image has incorporated such. It's weird to hear fans object to it, because she's always welcomed more than just "white" pop music.  She's quite diverse.  She moves with the times, but I think there are certain fans who can't, so they get upset when she doesn't go that direction they like the most of her.  The thing is; Madonna has NEVER been consistent with one look, style and genre.  So it's a little weird to me that long time fans would be upset by any change she makes.  Those who focus on a specific era or two, it's not that surprising because it's obvious, they are looking for a 2.0. and up until now, I have never seen Madonna do such.  The closest to such is "Material Gworllls", but even that I feel is an attempt to reach to a younger generation which Madonna has always done from day one.

What you said has been bothering me for quite a while. Some Madonna fans seem to refuse to be as diverse as she is. It's not that one's obliged to, but at least have some coherency. They seem to forget Madonna was first promoted as a black R&B artist with the "Everybody" single. I read in that Lucy O'Brien book that even Nile Rodgers said Madonna performs as a direct heiress of black music and culture. Madonna fans forget that she required the Jacksons (arguably the hottest black act in the early 80s) band to play on her Virgin Tour. And that she has been sampling R&B from "Express Yourself" to "Hard Candy Songs". And most importantly that she herself has stated that calling a black artist "urban" is very racist. And black music has always been avant garde. They predict the sound and the vision. She's been doing jazz, R&B and it's natural that she would do trap and other contemporary sounds popularized by black acts. That is the real Madonna. 

Madonna have also always paired up with the hottest acts. People seem to be so "protective" of Ray of Light i.e., but she worked with Ricky Martin. She used rap in 92, when it was not common at all to do it, and they were HIP. She gave Laura Pausini a song at the peak of her international appeal. She recorded with Britney at her peak too. Sometimes I'm not sure of what this fandom wants from her. 

On 8/12/2022 at 3:44 AM, Sultrysully said:

Interesting.  I also thought that they might be some sort of form of adult braces while not trying to look like one is wearing adult braces.  Anyway, I am convinced that it is not about fashion.  

i know, right? it's so obvious.