MEGARATE: Madame X era [Results Show - Recap on first page]

Curtains

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Markdonna said:

I thought it was a spectacular return to form.  And Medellin and God Control are of the two incredible videos she’s put together in a long, long time.  

It is true. All the videos of this era became my favorites, including Dark Ballet where Madonna only appears for a few seconds and where the leading role is played by an unknown artist but due to the plot of the video his participation had to be necessary.

Thanks to Madam X my faith in her ability to make good videos, which had been lost since 2005, was finally able to return since after Hung Up the subsequent videos never lived up to my expectations. Some were too boring (Jump, Ghosttown), too simple (Give it 2 me, Living for Love), too gay (Girl Gone Wild), too pretentious (4 minutes), too stupid (Sorry, Turn up the radio). Especially Sorry, which is the video that makes me feel the most discomfort and embarrassment every time I watch it, due to my natural allergy to ridiculousness and silly situations, something that abounds throughout the video.

For this reason, I hope that Madonna has learned her lesson and values her videos more, because many times they are vital when it comes to popularizing a song and can even be of great help to impose fashions as happened with Beyonce with "Single Ladies" where everyone wanted to dance like her although I would love for Madonna to make a video similar to the one Bjork made in her song "Big Time Sensuality" where she dances on top of a truck dressed in a suit similar to a straitjacket from a mental hospital and where she called everyone's attention for her originality that is precisely the goal when making music videos and that apparently Madonna forgot for a long time.

Everybody knows the damn truth
Our nation lied, and lost respect
When we wake up, what can we do?
Get the kids ready

Take them to school
Everybody knows they don't have a chance
To get a decent job
To have a normal life

When they talk reforms, it makes me laugh
They pretend to help, it makes me laugh
I think I understand why people get a gun
I think I understand why we all give up

Every day they have a kind of victory
Blood of innocents, spread everywhere
They say that we need love
But we need more than this

We lost god control

8 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

It is true. All the videos of this era became my favorites, including Dark Ballet where Madonna only appears for a few seconds and where the leading role is played by an unknown artist but due to the plot of the video his participation had to be necessary.

Mykki Blanco is not an unknown artist and there are reasons she was chosen to be Joan of Arc in the video.

• Curtains changed the title to MEGARATE: Madame X era [Results Show NOW]
  • Curtains changed the title to MEGARATE: Madame X era [Results Show - Recap on first page]
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic