MEGARATE: Madame X era [Results Show - Recap on first page]

Curtains

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EVERY. SINGLE. TIME.... Every time.... the song that wasn't even a choice for a major single, let alone the lead, is voted the best song (rightfully so), and the lead single is buried somewhere in the middle. Madonna's career could have been totally different in the last ten years with the right singles choices. Every era was sabotaged by the wrong lead that did NOTHING for the album.

1 hour ago, Curtains said:

#2 – Crave

ZIbW6qv.jpg

- Average Rate : 7,99 / 10

- Highest Rate : 11 ( @Ch3rish, @musicinferno, @stefo )

- Lowest Rate : 3 ( @Loru )

#1 – I Don’t Search I Find

fJtCIR6.jpg

- Average Rate : 8,42 / 10

- Highest Rate : 11 ( @Drum Dub, @androiduser, @EgoRod, @geert, @zephyr in the sky at night, @spinningaround, @patrice1711 )

- Lowest Rate : 0 ( @MPowered )

In no world does this cheap-ass extended interlude deserve a spot anywhere near the top 10. The lyrics are literally stolen directly from Peaky Blinders. 💀💀💀 The beat is dated and the song sticks out like a foul and sore thumb on the album.

Wow for the first time I basically agree with the rating guys!!

Only two exceptions. I would have changed the positions of God Control, wich I find an umberable mess (especially after having known that the intro and the lyrics are by another artist), with Batuka, wich is a kind of jewel for me, inspired, original, respectful (even if she seems to have lost  her touch with words unfortunately).

And of course Medellin should have been muuuuch lower than where it is :Madonna043: but it was expected so ...  

yeah I think we made a good job this time, Madame X should have had more inspired and inspiring lyrics imo, but it's cohesive, interesting, ambitious, commited and full of good tracks!

3 hours ago, Curtains said:

#2 – Crave

ZIbW6qv.jpg

- Average Rate : 7,99 / 10

- Highest Rate : 11 ( @Ch3rish, @musicinferno, @stefo )

- Lowest Rate : 3 ( @Loru )

#1 – I Don’t Search I Find

fJtCIR6.jpg

- Average Rate : 8,42 / 10

- Highest Rate : 11 ( @Drum Dub, @androiduser, @EgoRod, @geert, @zephyr in the sky at night, @spinningaround, @patrice1711 )

- Lowest Rate : 0 ( @MPowered )

I agree 'cause they are in my Top 5 

15 hours ago, MPowered said:

In no world does this cheap-ass extended interlude deserve a spot anywhere near the top 10. The lyrics are literally stolen directly from Peaky Blinders. 💀💀💀 The beat is dated and the song sticks out like a foul and sore thumb on the album.

Still crying I DON'T SEARCH I FIND WON BITCH! :Madonna017:

Get used to it! :Madonna015:

• Enrico unfeatured this topic

Thank you @Curtains. I too missed the results show but it was good to read others thoughts. This one was a hard one, some surprises for me, but overall the stronger songs came out on top. maybe apt for IDSIF to be #1 given the remix album.

Madame X is a challenging album, but it did grow on me. Full respect to Madonna for giving us this beautiful piece. We are not worthy.....

Results are very interesting, especially if you consider M saying her fave track from MX is Killers who are partying...

When the album came out, fans wanted Faz Gostoso as a single, but it looks like Madonna Infinity members do not agree with it !

I'm so happy for Ciao Bella !

I just have to add that the covers for each song are really, really great ! @Curtainsyou did a great job ! Thanks a lot !

I can't believe that Faz gostoso and Bitch im loca are almost at the bottom of the poll. I'm sure if there were more Latinos in this forum we would all have gotten these songs to end up with a better score instead of the boring Crave. Now I realize how right it is to release singles according to the place in the world since I am sure that if Madonna released these two songs as singles in the Latin market and with a video included, the reception would have been successful since in Latin America, unlike what happens in other countries, we do respect Madonna, so much so that in the press they treat Madonna as the undisputed Queen of pop and they don't give that title to just any opportunist.