MEGARATE: Madame X era [Results Show - Recap on first page]

Curtains

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, jesus said:

Voted! one of my favourite albums of hers, though i understand why it is so polarizing. Pity that the tracks (most likely) will get lots of 0's: to me, Madame X  is filled with outstanding tracks.

I think Madame X will stand the test of time quite beautifully... :) 

And it is still relevant to talk about because it reflects on what is going on in our time. Plus, it encourages us to reflect on ourselves, on the issues happening around us and what we can do to solve them.

It is political on one side, self-reflective on the other side. This is, personally, her reinvention at its peak of artistry. Head to toe perfection.

Voted - Really only 2 songs I liked a lot on the album  - such an unusual album/songs and far too much vocoder for me you don't feel like you are hearing her sing much in her real voice and I love hearing her more natural voice  - I missed it on this record on much of it because of the effects

Madame X completes my top 5 of Madonna's best albums, the other four being I'm Breathless, Ray of Light, American Life and Rebel Heart. I must be one of the few fans who value her work more since the end of the 90s, but it is in these albums that I find the quality that I look for so much in an album, be it from Madonna or from any other artist.

About Madame X I feel that Madonna makes me travel around the world in her company, an intense and pleasant trip, although also sad at times depending on the destination of the trip and where she tries to summarize in an album all the social realities of this world more and more dehumanized although she also speaks to us about love and partying, all this using her numerous alter egos that have characterized her so much throughout her career, although in the end I end up confused because I do not know which of all represents the true Madonna.

Almost all songs will have excellent scores. Maybe Funana ends up being the discriminated one of the group for being the different one by not being at the level of the quality of the album. Crave would probably get a higher score if the guest artist had been the King of Pop Justin Timberlake instead of the other singer because I feel like it would have gone much better with his beautiful voice. Anyway, this time it will be really difficult for me to decide which one will receive the long-awaited 11 in an album that left me unsatisfied because I feel that it did not make me reach the climax by leaving me wanting to continue enjoying it even more.

On 8/15/2022 at 12:11 AM, Winn said:

We should have a megarate of all the megarates that won and crown the ultimate madonna fan favorite track on Infinity.

That would only work if we would do a ranking instead of rating. I think these rankings would have a different end result if one would have to rank the songs in order without passing grades, so it is much more difficult to 'sabotage' certain tracks

• Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • Curtains changed the title to MEGARATE: Madame X era [Results Show - Recap on first page]
  • Enrico featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic