PAPER Magazine "Madonna Is the Wildest Party Favor"

Ayham

17 minutes ago, Shoful said:

*cough cough* Madame X only has 2-3 writers on each song excluding features

Still too many, considering they weren't able to differentiate lyrics in verses...

Songs like Come alive, I rise and Looking for Mercy have boring repetitive lyrics in the verse.

Crave and Future have a featuring instead of second verse.

I don't search borrows from a tv series the only interesting lines.

For Beautiful game they couldn't write a proper chorus and went to that horrible Tschaikovsky mess, the original was such a powerful song.

Casey Spooner wrote great lyrics for Gun Control and they were only able to add it's a hustle, it's a con, wake up?

David Banda lyricist in Batuka? For writing maybe one line?

Believe me, I like MX and listen to it regularly but the lyrics (and sometimes song structure) are a huge problem, especially in an album which aims to be mature and experimental.

1 hour ago, Enrico said:

Still too many, considering they weren't able to differentiate lyrics in verses...

Songs like Come alive, I rise and Looking for Mercy have boring repetitive lyrics in the verse.

Crave and Future have a featuring instead of second verse.

I don't search borrows from a tv series the only interesting lines.

For Beautiful game they couldn't write a proper chorus and went to that horrible Tschaikovsky mess, the original was such a powerful song.

Casey Spooner wrote great lyrics for Gun Control and they were only able to add it's a hustle, it's a con, wake up?

David Banda lyricist in Batuka? For writing maybe one line?

Believe me, I like MX and listen to it regularly but the lyrics (and sometimes song structure) are a huge problem, especially in an album which aims to be mature and experimental.

I thought Madame X really captured the state of music in the late 2010s, more streaming friendly. Shorter and more simplified. Confessions had even simpler and reprice lyrics and yet we herald it as the second coming or something. Anything Mirwais tinged was gonna end up like Madame X. What M would prefer like she mentioned in the interview and what chooses to actually present for the sake of the current trends and project doesn’t make her comment less true or hypocritical. 

I would have preferred to see Madonna wearing red hair, similar to the Hollywood video, instead of that pink wig that she has already used before and that does not generate surprises but repetition and more of the same. In the photos we see Madonna leading, as it should be, a party characterized by debauchery and lust and all is well with it but… was the French kiss necessary? I don't want to sound self-righteous but I've always thought that this type of kiss should be reserved between couples due to their intimate meaning but lately I've been seeing Madonna giving this type of kiss to people who aren't her partners like this singer Tokisha (ugh), to a couple of friends on her birthday and now this and I wonder who gives French kisses to their friends?

madonna-kisses-women-birthday.thumb.jpg.c6dd2b90e6fbcd3baa988f3226fc64ef.jpg

Kisses with tongue are being normalized when they should be a prelude to the sexual encounter and it bothers me to see these caresses between people who only do it for fun or generate curiosity. Like that video of Christina Aguilera, Beautiful, where two men came out giving each other a French kiss and they even showed their intertwined tongues in the foreground, which bothered me and seemed excessive to me, but anyway, that's the way this industry is and apparently Madonna is lending herself to this game to which she previously did not lend herself and I do not know why she now decides to promote it.

9 hours ago, Enrico said:

I think what's changed the most is just the songs. Songs have changed. The concept of songwriting. I'm just, give me a song. I need a beginning, a middle and an end. You know what I mean? I get confused by people's music. And also there are just too many artists on songs. I feel chaotic when I listen to them.

If only she had the courage to avoid this scheme and go back to the roots!

Yet she felt confident enough on her Soltera feature..

3 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

I would have preferred to see Madonna wearing red hair, similar to the Hollywood video, instead of that pink wig that she has already used before and that does not generate surprises but repetition and more of the same. In the photos we see Madonna leading, as it should be, a party characterized by debauchery and lust and all is well with it but… was the French kiss necessary? I don't want to sound self-righteous but I've always thought that this type of kiss should be reserved between couples due to their intimate meaning but lately I've been seeing Madonna giving this type of kiss to people who aren't her partners like this singer Tokisha (ugh), to a couple of friends on her birthday and now this and I wonder who gives French kisses to their friends?

It's fine. It might be your opinion but not hers. Some people like to bond this way.

4 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

madonna-kisses-women-birthday.thumb.jpg.c6dd2b90e6fbcd3baa988f3226fc64ef.jpg

Kisses with tongue are being normalized when they should be a prelude to the sexual encounter and it bothers me to see these caresses between people who only do it for fun or generate curiosity. Like that video of Christina Aguilera, Beautiful, where two men came out giving each other a French kiss and they even showed their intertwined tongues in the foreground, which bothered me and seemed excessive to me, but anyway, that's the way this industry is and apparently Madonna is lending herself to this game to which she previously did not lend herself and I do not know why she now decides to promote it.

God some of her fans are so boring. Sorry but seriously. Some of you should switch to Adele. 

Brilliant interview. Maybe the best in ages. Damn, you can say what you want but when she gets with real musicians the chat immediately goes to another level. No tik-tok talking, no autotune, to youtube views bullshit talking... THAT was really refreshing and most of all, a clever interview about music. The pics are really cool too, it's also very refreshing to see her rock other haircut or hair colors than long blond hair. All of this is a real breath of fresh air 👍

11 hours ago, chaosmen1984mk said:

Seriously, I can't understand people judging what is right or wrong in this way. Let Madonna be herself with her own morals. A "frech kiss" between friends is not something ultra-strange. 

• Enrico unfeatured this topic