V Magazine with Honey Dijon

https://vmagazine.com/article/heroes-madonna-finally-enough-love-billboard/

Below, collaborator Honey Dijon chats with Lady M about "Finally Enough Love" and how the industry has evolved in the last three decades.

Honey Dijon: What was the process of creating Finally Enough Love?

Madonna: Putting this project together was like taking a trip down memory lane. It was a cathartic, emotional experience and brought back so many memories. I realized how hard I’ve worked, and what an adventurous musical life I’ve led! Most importantly, it made me realize how meaningful dance music has always been to me.

V.RICARDOGOMES_4-2_Digital-5.jpg

HD: [Thinking back on my Madonna awakening] "Everybody" was the first song of yours that I danced to! Growing up at the beginning of house music culture in Chicago, it was played in a lot of the early house music clubs. At the time I had no idea that I was dancing to someone who would become one of the most influential artists ever. I then saw the [music] video and fell instantly in love and I ran to Gramaphone Records and bought the 12 inch [vinyl]. I was blown away by the album artwork. I still have that original copy. Your legacy transcends music, it has changed culture. Your body of work across art, music, fashion, and performance is the template of the consummate artist that will continually influence generations of music lovers and performers alike. You changed the game! With that in mind what would you say you learned about yourself while creating the project?

M: An interesting observation I had throughout this process is how music production has evolved over the years—going from analog to digital—but also the sounds that people use, the kind of percussion, the synth sounds, all of it. It’s so different from the early ‘80s up until now. The music from the ‘80s has a naivety to it and a simplicity which I love and I miss, but then we have this new awesome technology at our fingertips and we can make synths sound like a voice, and a voice sound like a percussionist instrument or violins. It’s easier to create quickly!

HD: The remix for the track “I Don’t Search I Find” is included on the project, which I am so excited about! It reminded me of a very special time of clubbing in New York and I wanted to capture the sexiness of that moment in my approach. It was already a great dance song, so for me, I wanted to keep the spirit of the original but add a bit more drama for the dance floors. I still pinch myself that I am part of such and iconic project with music that has become the fabric of my life, [music] that continually brings joy to millions. Besides our song together, what would you say is one of your favorite tracks on the album?

M: It’s always great to work with you Honey, you’re my favorite DJ in the whole world, and my favorite song on the entire record is of course… "Finally Enough Love!"