Madonna announcing tour rumors?

madonnaultimate

1 hour ago, steady75 said:

Her biggest problem with the general public is she hasn’t gone away.… except on the charts. No one has missed her. She’s omni present on social media and columns. 
The music has, for the first time in ner career, become completely secondary to the articles about her surgery, her young lovers, her performance gaffs, her social media antics, and her bad political takes. When historical  controversy  ran alongside a consistently high level of artistry and tangible non spiky pop music it aided and benifitted her career and sales. 
Now it is detrimental to it. 

I was watching Uncoupled this week and Neil Patrick Harris character had a line about being bad gays in their 50’s.

he listed two things and the third was “we abandoned Madonna”

It really jumped out at me. Probably because very very sadly It’s part of the narrative which hurts but … people just haven’t missed her or got that “good old Madonna she’s still going” in the same way they do with Cher or other ageing gay icons. 

Social Media has been her undoing sadly.  The mystery is gone and I now think that even her MO has become about maintaining  The Fame and not the artistry in the most part. 

This is why a stadium tour is probably way out of the question which is insane for someone who is the queen of pop. People haven’t missed her, if anything the general consensus is more along the “ugh go away” lines. I hear this a lot which makes me sad. I wonder just how much of the reissue campaign will be as successful as Warner and she expect it to be? It’s not exactly coming off the back of a hugely successful project for her. 

It’ll be an interesting time to see whether she can win back those bad gays in thier 50’s who abandoned her or whether she’s going to focus on gen tiktok

or both

I think if she a) didn't come on late every show and b) performed more hits people would be more forgiving of everything else. These two things have really put a bad taste in the casual fans mouths when it comes to her ticket sales.

Cher is also very political as are U2 and many other bands/artists/actors/celebs and it does nothing to taint their popularity because audiences enjoy what they do and don't worry about the other stuff. Yes they are predictable and boring but I guess that is what people want. For Madonna to be popular again with the masses in a touring capacity she'd have to go that Re-invention Tour type route. And actually come on stage at a reasonable time. I admit I never cared but I probably would be less forgiving if I went to a Cher or Gags concert if they came on at 11pm and performed mostly obscure album tracks.

In any case I do feel she can easily do an arena tour if she wants and I am quite ok with that. Stadiums are kind of awful for concerts,. My personal preference is that she does what she wants as I know her heart will be in it. Give me DWT over RIT any day. But it would be nice to see the GP appreciate her again also.

17 hours ago, steady75 said:

No Glumda. I said future of live experience in a "new medium"

Much like VR headsets are new for film and TV and Gaming rooms. The live format will always exist. but things can evolve along side

If you and your friends love an artist and they can't or don't perform anymore and you go and see them in this new format together and relive those memories THAT is the human to human experience, with other fans. 

Have you been to the ABBA show?

No, I’m not an Abba fan. If an artist I like doesn’t perform anymore I just watch their old performances for free on YouTube. 

12 hours ago, drivebitch said:

I’d rather have her memoirs. Screw the movie. Publish a book and do a tour or something. 

The more I think about it I agree. That way she wouldn’t have to leave things out and edit it down. The main problem with the script seems to be fitting everything in. She wouldn’t have that problem with a book. 

Madonna isn’t going to do a hologram tour. She has made it clear she enjoys the experience of putting a show together and performing it. Maybe she could incorporate that kind of technology into her shows to keep the show moving and give her more space to rest inbetween songs. But she’s not going to give up doing what she loves. It’s such a strange suggestion.

The reason Abba are doing that is because they do not want to perform.

10 hours ago, Dj Garrido said:

I don´t believe she will perform in big stages again. I think Madame X Theather Tour was a pre-announcement and/or a test for a residency, what must happen at the same time of the release of the biopic. 

I don’t think that’s true. It’s just something she wanted to do to highlight the album because it was based on living room sessions in Lisbon. 
She can definitely play on big stages again. She just has to do more older songs and hits and not as much new material. 
Many other older artists do arenas and even stadiums and they have far less recent and fewer hits than Madonna. 

16 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

How can social media be her undoing when almost every major artist is on social media all the time? It’s just what people do now. 

It’s kept her in the news. And big touring acts like Cher, U2 and Elton John have less followers than Madonna. So I’m not seeing a connection.

5 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

I don’t think that’s true. It’s just something she wanted to do to highlight the album because it was based on living room sessions in Lisbon. 
She can definitely play on big stages again. She just has to do more older songs and hits and not as much new material. 
Many other older artists do arenas and even stadiums and they have far less recent and fewer hits than Madonna. 

Even Janet Jackson plays arenas. They don’t have to sell out to make money, they just curtain off the unsold sections. It does mean budget cuts though.

Maybe Madonna will be auctioning off her kitchen utensils soon ??

3 hours ago, steady75 said:

People haven’t missed her, if anything the general consensus is more along the “ugh go away” lines.

you are correct. that’s the impression i get from different people in different age groups as well.

that is also why i don’t think she really is a candidate for a biopic nor that it would be a better choice than a tour of whatever extent at this point in time... maybe later down the line.

14 minutes ago, nodoman said:

you are correct. that’s the impression i get from different people in different age groups as well.

that is also why i don’t think she really is a candidate for a biopic nor that it would be a better choice than a tour of whatever extent at this point in time... maybe later down the line.

Where are you getting that people are saying she should go away? From trolls who post in comment sections? The general public doesn’t pay that much attention to her Instagram. As far as they are concerned she has gone away because they haven’t heard a new Madonna song on the radio in a long time. 

2 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I think if she a) didn't come on late every show and b) performed more hits people would be more forgiving of everything else. These two things have really put a bad taste in the casual fans mouths when it comes to her ticket sales.

This! 

20 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

Did the gays really turn their back on Madonna? I’m not buying that. That is also not her entire fan base. Her appeal has to be a lot broader than that for her to have been so mainstream for all those decades.

Middle age cis woman here :cute:. Huge Madonna fan and a lot of my friends are the same, she was an icon of feminism when we were younger, pushed lots of boundaries about how women should behave, feel and talk about sex, ran her career and frankly still does. She is my idol. She has a lot of lapsed fans amongst my social group and if she did a GH tour starting at a reasonable time, we would all be there. They don't mention it much, but there are latent fans out there, most of them dont like today's Madonna but are huge fans of yesterday's Madonna.

Madonna tries to be very creative with her tours which I greatly appreciate. But the general public isn’t like me. They like predictability. Look at all the older artists who tour year after year playing the same obvious singles with maybe 3 to 4 new songs and maybe a cover. People eat that up. I personally don’t get it. Why do people want to see almost the same set list on multiple tours? But that type of thing has been very successful in larger venues for artists especially from the 80s and 90s. 

10 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

Madonna tries to be very creative with her tours which I greatly appreciate. But the general public isn’t like me. They like predictability. Look at all the older artists who tour year after year playing the same obvious singles with maybe 3 to 4 new songs and maybe a cover. People eat that up. I personally don’t get it. 

Me neither. But I'm not going to try and understand the basic concert goer. I attended a Cher concert and was verbally abused by the women behind me because they wanted me to stay seated. At a concert!!

The same thing also happened at a Shania Twain concert :lol: 

39 minutes ago, SuperBicycle said:

This! 

Middle age cis woman here :cute:. Huge Madonna fan and a lot of my friends are the same, she was an icon of feminism when we were younger, pushed lots of boundaries about how women should behave, feel and talk about sex, ran her career and frankly still does. She is my idol. She has a lot of lapsed fans amongst my social group and if she did a GH tour starting at a reasonable time, we would all be there. They don't mention it much, but there are latent fans out there, most of them dont like today's Madonna but are huge fans of yesterday's Madonna.

This is largely the experience I'm talking about. I'm not sure many of these fans would go to a standard Madonna concert these days with the lateness, album track heavy curious setlists and her pricing people out of the market, but if Madonna put together and curated The Immaculate Projection tour these peeps would buy. They just would. I'm not even sure Madonna would do a musical based on her songs like Elton / Tina / Beegees / MJ / Queen / ABBA etc which are huge business but I could really see her putting together a high tech Live Show with real dancers and band and a projected version of herself. She'll still perform but if you think her and Guy and pretty much every ageing artist in the industry is not looking into this new tech now I'd hate to tell you you'd be wrong. Record companies and Estates able to tour an artist past their prime or postumously. 

I'd even wager record companies are looking at people like Beyonce and Gaga who are still in their physical prime and are wanting them to do the movement mapping now for future endevours. People will always want to see artist in their prime. 

No future Avatar experience of Madonna is going to be trying to recreate anything past Confessions era tbh. I think that's just the reality of the situation. 

This really is going to be part of future entertainment. a million perecent. Guy O and other industry bods will be keeping a close eye on the Benny and Bjorn project and 100% trying to get buy in from their ageing artists while they are still alive. 

Record companies now plan for postumous and anniversary projects at the  inception stage of the original project. Artsist are 100% recording more material than they used to for further releases along in their career and sadly for when they are gone, whether the artist realises this or not Specifically artists who don't always write their own stuff. 

Kylie Minogue will have one of the longest postumous careers of anyone I can imagine. The amount of vaulted material she has recorded is insane. 

This is just how the music business works now. Like it or not. 

1 hour ago, Blue Jean said:

Did the gays really turn their back on Madonna? I’m not buying that. That is also not her entire fan base. Her appeal has to be a lot broader than that for her to have been so mainstream for all those decades.

Sadly I have many friends who absolutely stanned the hell out of her right up until about 2008. Some stuck around for MDNA but the drop off was huge. They even ask me now "do you still follow her?" I occasionally get the odd text with a link or a performance of her with a "uh what has she done to herself" " she should retire" " why is she like this now?". One this week even with a picture of her saying "is this about the last time she looked like herself"

These are good liberatarian people with progressive opinions, amny of whom come from an artistic background. The same people who will stan Dolly Parton, Diana Ross, Cher, Tina, Janet and other ageing divas. Something about Madonna choice of direction really turned people off, even among the people that supported her through thick and thin for a good 25 years of her career. 

I do think a really well rehearsed Greatest Hits tour where she's having fun and dancing within her capabilities with reasonably priced tickets would do wonders for her. Lots of funny, (non spiteful) talking to the audience with some cute stories in there like the Madame X tour and she'd win over hearts and minds again, I'm just not that sure she'd bothered tbh. She wants to do her own thing and I completely respect that.

It'd be nice tho. 

2 hours ago, Glindathegood said:

How can social media be her undoing when almost every major artist is on social media all the time? It’s just what people do now. 

I cant even believe this is a real question? Are you being willfully obtuse? Have you missed all the threads even in this forum about her over edited pictures, the dumb unfiltered things she has said, the bathtub, Fried fucking fish, even her best friends calling her out of stuff.

Yes every major artist uses social media. but not everyone uses it like Madonna. It's become a point of ridicule for her for the most part and has been largely toxic to her brand sadly. 

3 minutes ago, steady75 said:

Sadly I have many friends who absolutely stanned the hell out of her right up until about 2008. Some stuck around for MDNA but the drop off was huge. They even ask me now "do you still follow her?" I occasionally get the odd text with a link or a performance of her with a "uh what has she done to herself" " she should retire" " why is she like this now?". One this week even with a picture of her saying "is this about the last time she looked like herself"

These are good liberatarian people with progressive opinions, amny of whom come from an artistic background. The same people who will stan Dolly Parton, Diana Ross, Cher, Tina, Janet and other ageing divas. Something about Madonna choice of direction really turned people off, even among the people that supported her through thick and thin for a good 25 years of her career. 

I do think a really well rehearsed Greatest Hits tour where she's having fun and dancing within her capabilities with reasonably priced tickets would do wonders for her. Lots of funny, (non spiteful) talking to the audience with some cute stories in there like the Madame X tour and she'd win over hearts and minds again, I'm just not that sure she'd bothered tbh. She wants to do her own thing and I completely respect that.

It'd be nice tho. 

So they stan Cher’s Abba karaoke album and Janet ghosting fans with Black Diamond but object to Madonna’s recent albums? I can’t fathom it.

1 minute ago, steady75 said:

I cant even believe this is a real question? Are you being willfully obtuse? Have you missed all the threads even in this forum about her over edited pictures, the dumb unfiltered things she has said, the bathtub, Fried fucking fish, even her best friends calling her out of stuff.

Yes every major artist uses social media. but not everyone uses it like Madonna. It's become a point of ridicule for her for the most part and has been largely toxic to her brand sadly. 

True and so much of it has gained negative media attention.

I wonder if she wasn’t on social media would anyone be talking about her at all at this point? Or is that something she doesn’t really need at this point? I mean how often do people talk/think about Cher or Dolly Parton outside of attending a concert really?

I think with Janet its more a return form the wilderness for years and that she's back out doing festivals. The Black Diamond thing is fucking annoying but I'm convinced there have been dark forces at play in the Jackson estate for a couple of decades, I'm not sure who they pissed off but Janets career seems like It's been given a wide birth by many industry people. 

Cher and Dolly do not take themselves seriously which is lovable, and Cher has always been sort of indifferent to her career. She's just Cher first and foremost.