Madonna announcing tour rumors?

madonnaultimate

5 hours ago, steady75 said:

Her biggest problem with the general public is she hasn’t gone away.… except on the charts. No one has missed her. She’s omni present on social media and columns. 
The music has, for the first time in ner career, become completely secondary to the articles about her surgery, her young lovers, her performance gaffs, her social media antics, and her bad political takes. When historical  controversy  ran alongside a consistently high level of artistry and tangible non spiky pop music it aided and benifitted her career and sales. 
Now it is detrimental to it. 

I was watching Uncoupled this week and Neil Patrick Harris character had a line about being bad gays in their 50’s.

he listed two things and the third was “we abandoned Madonna”

It really jumped out at me. Probably because very very sadly It’s part of the narrative which hurts but … people just haven’t missed her or got that “good old Madonna she’s still going” in the same way they do with Cher or other ageing gay icons. 

Social Media has been her undoing sadly.  The mystery is gone and I now think that even her MO has become about maintaining  The Fame and not the artistry in the most part. 

This is why a stadium tour is probably way out of the question which is insane for someone who is the queen of pop. People haven’t missed her, if anything the general consensus is more along the “ugh go away” lines. I hear this a lot which makes me sad. I wonder just how much of the reissue campaign will be as successful as Warner and she expect it to be? It’s not exactly coming off the back of a hugely successful project for her. 

It’ll be an interesting time to see whether she can win back those bad gays in thier 50’s who abandoned her or whether she’s going to focus on gen tiktok

or both

Hot take: They didn't abandon her. She abandoned them. Take a look at that Paper spread. Everyone around her is diverse in many ways except one. Age. 

Imagine that spread with her being surrounded by the gay men in their 50's who worshipped her all those years. I would love it. But I think she'd rather die.

Just now, Pootz333 said:

Hot take: They didn't abandon her. She abandoned them. Take a look at that Paper spread. Everyone around her is diverse in many ways except one. Age. 

Imagine that spread with her being surrounded by the gay men in their 50's who worshipped her all those years. I would love it. But I think she'd rather die.

2 minutes ago, Pootz333 said:

Other artists from the 80s don’t do photo shoots with people their own age either. 

14 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I cant even believe this is a real question? Are you being willfully obtuse? Have you missed all the threads even in this forum about her over edited pictures, the dumb unfiltered things she has said, the bathtub, Fried fucking fish, even her best friends calling her out of stuff.

Yes every major artist uses social media. but not everyone uses it like Madonna. It's become a point of ridicule for her for the most part and has been largely toxic to her brand sadly. 

On this forum. People who frequent this forum are different from the general public. You don’t think other artists filter their pictures and say dumb things on Twitter? 

1 minute ago, Glindathegood said:

On this forum. People who frequent this forum are different from the general public. 

Did anyone try the Twitter?

I thought the twitter was horrendous.

Replies under Cher and Dolly are largely positive. 

Madonnas are repugnant she definitely evokes a different kind of reaction from her fanbase, old fanbase and the general public. The most recurring theme and most of the vitriol is from casuals who used to love and respect her. No greater critic than an ex they say.

Its sad. 

9 minutes ago, vadge said:

Because of the way she does it. The biggest pop girls like Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift and fellow legends like Mariah Carey have all stepped up and used Instagram (and Twitter) as a business tool to market themselves and their careers appropriately.

Notice how when Madonna posts something that is actually visually interesting or provocative, and not butchered by Ricardo's editing, she can get up to 1m likes. Instead her go-to is the same old Facetune filter on mediocre outfit-of-the-day pics, or posting awful fan edits, or posting her children.

If she managed her Instagram properly (with a competent team), I'm not saying she would magically appear on the charts, but the Frozen remixes and Material Gworl wouldn't be the non-events they are today. Mariah jumping on Big Energy felt more significant than anything Madonna has tried since launching Madame X in 2019, and I haven't even listened to it.

The mystery and god-like aura she exuded up until 2012-2014 was slowly undone by her endless oversharing and marketing herself in a pedestrian light. It's like she doesn't view herself as a queen anymore.

How do you expect remixes of old songs to be this big thing? No matter what she did on social media those wouldn’t be gigantic hits. Frozen increased her streams a lot. 

1 minute ago, steady75 said:

Did anyone try the Twitter?

I thought the twitter was horrendous.

Replies under Cher and Dolly are largely positive. 

Madonnas are repugnant she definitely evokes a different kind of reaction from her fanbase, old fanbase and the general public. The most recurring theme and most of the vitriol is from casuals who used to love and respect her. No greater critic than an ex they say.

Its sad. 

That’s not what I see. People troll every female celebrity on Twitter. Don’t take it seriously. 

Also, people seem to have forgotten the way Cher was dragged mercilessly and treated like a joke even after she had a God damn Oscar until "Believe". And then everyone decided to give up and just be cool with her. And the crazier part is Cher hasn't had a real hit since "Believe" almost 25 years ago and can still show up and gag the people. Anyway back to Mean Ol' Miss Ciccone.

1 minute ago, steady75 said:

Lemme know if you're selling day passes to your world because it genuinely seems lovely Glinda. 

:heart:

I’m not saying everything she does is perfect, but people here put too much emphasis on what she does on Instagram. Most people just scroll on by and don’t even remember posts. It’s just people on here who analyze everything. 
And when was the last time you say a celebrity posing with 50 or 60 year old models in a photo shoot? I’d like to see a link to one of those. 

29 minutes ago, vadge said:

Because of the way she does it. The biggest pop girls like Beyonce, Lady Gaga, Ariana Grande, Taylor Swift and fellow legends like Mariah Carey have all stepped up and used Instagram (and Twitter) as a business tool to market themselves and their careers appropriately.

Notice how when Madonna posts something that is actually visually interesting or provocative, and not butchered by Ricardo's editing, she can get up to 1m likes. Instead her go-to is the same old Facetune filter on mediocre outfit-of-the-day pics, or posting awful fan edits, or posting her children.

If she managed her Instagram properly (with a competent team), I'm not saying she would magically appear on the charts, but the Frozen remixes and Material Gworl wouldn't be the non-events they are today. Mariah jumping on Big Energy felt more significant than anything Madonna has tried since launching Madame X in 2019, and I haven't even listened to it.

The mystery and god-like aura she exuded up until 2012-2014 was slowly undone by her endless oversharing and marketing herself in a pedestrian light. It's like she doesn't view herself as a queen anymore.

Not that I disagree with any of your points but most legacy acts have way less followers on insta than Madonna. Elton, Cher, Mariah, U2, Elvis, Prince, MJ, Janet, Paul McCartney and the list goes on all with a mere fraction of her followers.

Meanwhile Jlo has about 220 million followers. Does this mean Jlo is bigger and more popular than all these people?

Or could it be that social media means Jack shit in the scheme of things?

10 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

And when was the last time you say a celebrity posing with 50 or 60 year old models in a photo shoot? I’d like to see a link to one of those. 

We are constantly told she is Madonna and can do whatever she wants. So why can't she include older models since no one else does it? Wouldn't that be going against the grain? Doing the unexpected? 

14 minutes ago, Glindathegood said:

I’m not saying everything she does is perfect, but people here put too much emphasis on what she does on Instagram. Most people just scroll on by and don’t even remember posts. It’s just people on here who analyze everything. 

Mmm but I think the media has blown a lot of her stuff up bigger than that. Especially the controversial stuff like the Covid bathtub thing. People will not have forgotten that so quickly.

49 minutes ago, steady75 said:

I think with Janet its more a return form the wilderness for years and that she's back out doing festivals. The Black Diamond thing is fucking annoying but I'm convinced there have been dark forces at play in the Jackson estate for a couple of decades, I'm not sure who they pissed off but Janets career seems like It's been given a wide birth by many industry people. 

Cher and Dolly do not take themselves seriously which is lovable, and Cher has always been sort of indifferent to her career. She's just Cher first and foremost. 

Janet plays to half full stadiums with entire sections curtained off. Her perceived “popularity” is all smoke and mirrors. When she played glastonbury the crowd was half empty. In Australia she played at some horrible rnb festival with Craig David and black eyed peas and it was the same scenario. Nothing against Janet, I love Janet but she is not more popular than Madonna.

Cher they were discounting tickets to $30 when she came here. A far cry from Madonna’s average price a few years prior.

Dolly I have no idea about but she’s a totally different genre and audience to Madonna so not even worth comparing.

Mariah was a laughing stock only 3-4 years ago. She’s turned her reputation around with the ongoing success of a Christmas song but she’s not exactly selling out arenas around the globe either. Aside from her Vegas shows last I remember she was a support act for Lionel Ritchie.

This idea that Madonna is loathed and that all these other women are riding high seems distorted to me.

Madonna can still sell out stadiums, it just depends on how many. She could do 6 major market stadium shows (Paris, London, NY, Chicago, LA, Miami, etc) and still call it a tour, and it would sell out. Maybe not immediately, but by show time it would. 
Even if she's a bad girl on social media. Lol. 

As a fan, I'm not discouraged by the immense shitshow that was Madame X and how it was managed and handled. Before anyone says anything about injuries, there was also that "unforeseen technical stage setup" rescheduling fiasco that screwed a lot of fans over too, including me. But, that's now a bygone era known as the late LN/Interscope years. I've never been disappointed in a Madonna concert, so I highly doubt she doesn't know how to be onstage at a decent time, put on a great show whether she's dancing or not, singing live or not, in a good mood or not. 
If anything good comes out of MXT, it's that even many of the diehards are put off by the diva "they come to me, they wait for me" shit, and don't want to have jet lag after traveling to a show in the same timezone. True story.
She always delivers, but keeping 50000 people waiting isn't gonna fly. 
...but, I still have faith. 

edit: all that said, I don't think she's gonna tour again until after the biopic is at least in post-production. 

A new tour is not going to happen so long as she is up to her ears in work for a likely mediocre biopic that should never have been undertaken to begin with. I also reject the notion she would be able to sell out stadiums, that would only happen if it was announced as a greatest hits tour, seems to me that a lot of fans underestimate how low her touring credibility currently stands. Pride performance was actually second rate but fans acted like it was somehow a return to form only because she did not look like shit and nearly fall over 50 times. Unless big changes are made, nothing is going to improve. The sad thing is that many of her wounds are self inflicted, she needs to get rid of her incompetent team of handlers right away, lay off the painkillers, start doing actual promo, use her social media as an asset rather than a millstone and brainstorm new ideas for live performances that her body can handle.

Unfortunately, I believe that Madonna's film will not have the expected success unless Madonna hires an experienced director and I am not saying this to be negative but because the facts have shown me that: the films she has made previously have been a failure. She got involved in editing her last tours and the result was a disaster. She decided to move away from Warner assuming the logistics and promotion of her last three albums and the results were not what was expected because she lost the attention of the media and the radio stations that were guaranteed to her by Warner apart from the fact that her songs were leaked ahead of time.

All this means that I have no great illusions about her film. Starting with the actress whose name I don't even remember but I've seen some of her photos and videos and I definitely don't approve of her: she lacks femininity, beauty and the personality that characterizes Madonna so much. Definitely a bad choice and that is a bad sign that in the end the results will not be as expected.

That is why I pray to God even though I do not believe in God that Madonna decides to leave her film in the hands of an experienced director and go on tour again, which is what most of her fans (with some exceptions) want. That most of the dance falls on the dancers or that the whole show uses playback does not interest me, what I want is to see her, to feel that I am seeing a Goddess live and direct is all I want, well, as long as come to my country where we would receive her as she deserves and in case she makes a fool of herself as she did in Medellin it doesn't matter, good fans will know how to understand and apologize because nobody is perfect.

1 hour ago, vadge said:

That's why I felt the Mariah comparison works, because she was able to transition into legacy whilst maintaining relevance, that legend aura and social media presense in 2022 - which in turn reinforces her past legacy twofold. That is exactly what Madonna needs.

Maybe Madonna needs to do a McDonalds menu this Christmas ?