proxy

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

Where those compilation albums though?  If this was a new Madonna album, she wouldn't come in number 3 like Cher's last two abysmal albums and they were abysmal.  

Not only that...Cher's biggest peak in the USA since she debuted in the 60's was a #3 with those 2 albums. Like...Madonna and Cher aren't even in the same ballpark. They never were. 

Bad news.

"Finally Enough Love" is officially #3 in the UK. Not a terrible position but definitely not the best:

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/steps-break-official-chart-record-with-fourth-number-1-album-the-platinum-collection-what-a-way-to-celebrate-our-25th-birthday-__37281/

Great job, Warner UK, you've done amazing, sweetie - NOT.

Full recap so far:

#1 Australia

#1 Netherlands

#2 Germany

#2 France

#2 Italy

#2 Ireland

#3 UK

#37 Sweden

#40 Japan

Number Ones so far: 2

21 minutes ago, Prayer said:

Bad news.

"Finally Enough Love" is officially #3 in the UK. Not a terrible position but definitely not the best:

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/steps-break-official-chart-record-with-fourth-number-1-album-the-platinum-collection-what-a-way-to-celebrate-our-25th-birthday-__37281/

Great job, Warner UK, you've done amazing, sweetie - NOT.

Full recap so far:

#1 Australia

#1 Netherlands

#2 Germany

#2 France

#2 Italy

#2 Ireland

#3 UK

#37 Sweden

#40 Japan

Number Ones so far: 2

Number 3 is great! But to me it’s still surreal that a band like Steps is a higher seller. I mean aside from being awful they’re such has-beens.

I guess the days when UK had a really high standard when it comes to music are long gone…

2 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

Number 3 is great! But to me it’s still surreal that a band like Steps is a higher seller. I mean aside from being awful they’re such has-beens.

I guess the days when UK had a really high standard when it comes to music are long gone…

To be honest they've worked their a***s off to get that #1: not only countless editions, also store signings, interviews and promo this week, etc. I don't particularly like them but they deserve it.

On the contrary, no promo at all for Madonna in the UK. In the US at least she got Fallon and the Nile Rodgers event, but not a single paper interview for the UK, nothing... plus the official UK store stock issues. #3 is great considering all.

4 minutes ago, Prayer said:

To be honest they've worked their a***s off to get that #1: not only countless editions, also store signings, interviews and promo this week, etc. I don't particularly like them but they deserve it.

On the contrary, no promo at all for Madonna in the UK. In the US at least she got Fallon and the Nile Rodgers event, but not a single paper interview for the UK, nothing... plus the official UK store stock issues. #3 is great considering all.

That’s true…

I wish there was more effort in promoting this project cause it’s a really great one that people love. And it can easily be marketed in creative fun ways

14 minutes ago, Prayer said:

I'm sure they did, just like the rest of the world. In the end it's like Standard and Deluxe editions of the same release.

Ok, cause I thought there were two different entries in some countries, people were saying that this is the reason why she didn't get to no. 1. I thought I read that in UK only the 3 discs edition counts. So there was a serious misunderstanding, cause people lost time streaming (and buying) the triple edition, while the standard could have gotten more streamings.

35 minutes ago, thegoldencalf said:

I feel the same way about the us charts too - to me it just reflects how low her popularity is in U.K. when crud like Steps can beat her that just confirms this - anyway top 5 is not awful by a long stretch 

Had she done a small promo gig in the UK or anywhere in Europe (she's largely been absent), invite a couple DJ's to spin a few tracks and twerk her way on stage and lip-sync to ANY one of the mixes; she would have gotten her #1 there!

The promo in the US really didn't do much, Fallon is nowhere as relevant a late show host as M thinks he is and the only reason she always choose him is largely due to Guy O's personal friendship with him. Disco Oasis was an event thrown together for die-hards/local influencers and never reached a broad audience. Sometimes we (the die-hards) live in a bubble where we think everyone is aware AND excited for this release but the sad reality is that casual fans and general public are just not that interested in Madonna as an artist releasing a bunch of remixes. 

22 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

She’s in the top 3 basically everywhere but I guess it doesn’t matter and this project is a HUGE flop right?

Guess some people think so... I personally think the album is doing great... to be number one it should have included a new single and much more promotion.... top 3 really shows that people love her music.

4 minutes ago, HampusFL said:

Guess some people think so... I personally think the album is doing great... to be number one it should have included a new single and much more promotion.... top 3 really shows that people love her music.

It shows she has a large core fanbase who will eat up her products, if the mainstream really loved her music so much than all her stuff would not start flopping during week two.

I think number three is great for the UK. Mariah only got to number 35 in the UK in 2003 with her remix collection.

Steps have a bigger profile in the UK with the GP.

No promotion, no new tracks, effectively its another hits collection, albeit some of it is remixes, none are new remixes. 

No presence in the UK for a a few years, since the Madame X Tour.

this is the 6th compilation album from her here.

She's in her 60s

This release was geared up mostly for fans. As will be all the future deluxe editions and compilations.

26 minutes ago, Enlightened Commenter said:

It shows she has a large core fanbase who will eat up her products, if the mainstream really loved her music so much than all her stuff would not start flopping during week two.

If Madonna have such a big fanbase that buy all her products... why is it that her recent singles has not been doing much on the charts? (even for the first week) ...we have to disagree... I believe that she only reached top 3... because both fans and casual listeners have either streamed or bought songs from this compilation....simply because people love classic Madonna music.

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

I feel the same way about the us charts too - to me it just reflects how low her popularity is in U.K. when crud like Steps can beat her that just confirms this - anyway top 5 is not awful by a long stretch 

Yeah but the US charts were always sketchy at best. To me UK used to be the gold standard when it comes to great contemporary music

• Enrico unfeatured this topic